22 Foxhole East

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh dear, hamsters had a fight in the night, one of them has a big scratch/bite mark on his nose. We have separated them but they both seem quite upset about it, and keep trying to find the other one. Might allow heavily supervised access later on.

The curtain rail took us a good 2 hours to put up. I don't understand why people go to all the trouble of putting up a curtain rail and then not doing a proper job. I mean it is only going to end one way isn't it, and it is a thing you use every day.

Going to try and get the kids to write Thank-You notes this afternoon. They only have to write 4 each, it is hardly slavery, but you can probably hear the complaining from wherever you are right now.

I have taken the tree down and boxed up my baubles, very aware there are only four days of this year left, and only a week until the kids are back at school, but nobody wants to come out and go anywhere or do anything. Mind you it is freezing here. Frost not long cleared from the cars.

New diary and calendar being filled in with all the school holiday dates, and DH's weekend's away.

Just waiting for YHA to have a decent sale on and then I shall book us a week away, and I need to get on to StenaLine as they have not sent me my free ticket prize yet (naughty!!)

Nearly all the chocolates have gone. The popcorn flavoured tic-tacs weirded everyone out, I have been told not to buy them again. Not my fault they were expecting mint, they should read the label!!

Bought new phones, so they can be heard all over the house, less than £30 for 3 handsets and I can do internal calls! No-one is safe! The ring tones are awful though. Most persistent.

Not been out to the sales, as I don't need anything. Still have enough food left in the house to feed us for today, and most of tomorrow, but will need a few bits later on tomorrow or I will have to get a little, erm, shall we say, creative with the menu planning? At least not leaving the house is cheap.
    Might do a raid on the local C00P tonight for bread and crumpets. Will be a nice little walk too. Must find gloves. brrrrr.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Ordered 3 more rolls of wallpaper, two arrived today, one still to come, but also some red brick wallpaper I didn't ask for. Have written an email to let them know.

Stripped the nasty wooden panel off the living room door today then pulled all the pins out. Sore hands now. DH had a hissy fit. He just apologised and said he likes the door now. That is why I do the diy when he is at work and it is all tidied up by the time he gets home. He really hates it going on around him. Such a princess.....

Re-pinned the living room curtains as they are a little longer than needed now we have the draw string curtain rail (this improves my life immeasurably announced DH today) will tack them up tomorrow.

The fog never really lifted much today. It has been cold here. Only did a quick supermarket run, minimal spend really.

Off to read The Famous Five, they are currently under a light-house in danger of being trapped by the incoming tide. Really irresponsible parenting.
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Was there ever any parenting in the Famous Five?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Only the 'sod off and don't annoy the academics' sort of parenting. Julian, !!!! and Anne seem to have rather flighty parents who sent them off to Fanny one half term as she was having money trouble and feared having to take people in to make ends meet. They are always off on a cruise, or 'Mother needs a holiday', not sure what from, as all the kids are at boarding school, maybe she is on the game. George's mother seems to be on her uppers, despite owning an island and having a cook, but no income, and a professor husband who does important work for national security but no earning potential, who just wants the kids to !!!!!! off and leave him in peace. I assume the mothers are related, I don't think it is ever explained exactly how they are related except for as cousins. At least Fanny demands they send her a postcard every now and then, or she may begin to worry.

The first rule of writing children's fiction is supposed to be 'get rid of the parents', probably why Harry Potter is an orphan and the Famous Five are allowed to go off on their own aged 10 in gypsy caravans - I think child services may well have to get involved, although the policemen seem to be more interested in eating sausages than child neglect....
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Oh dear, poor !!!! will have to become Richard to get through the S!!!!horpe trap on MSE
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    oooh, even that didn't get through. I have amused myself now!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Fox- self amusement is always under rated. I crack myself up everyday. Loving your in depth lit analysis of Famous Five life and times.

• Bobarella
    Options
    Next up Fox reviews gender as a social construct in The FarAway Tree

• f0xh0les
    Options
    DS 3 & 4 are reading the Magic Faraway Tree this holiday! I am letting them. Tbh I can't remember a thing about it, sorry. Will have to research the matter and I will cite you in my paper.

It was the kids who first complained that perhaps the Famous Five's parents needed help. as they didn't seem to be very good at it. If a 5 yr old boy could see it, I suppose it must be rather blatant. Now he is 7 he quite likes the idea of a friend called Sooty le Noir, or having a monkey and a lighthouse like Tinker.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I hope you can include the encouragement to binge eat brought about by the Malory Towers and St. Clare series :eek::eek::eek:. All those hampers and midnight feasts :EasterBun:EasterBun:EasterBun. Personally I wanted to join Mr Galliano's Circus and call a daughter Carlotta :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback