Transfer Test* Support* AQE 2016-2017

Options

Comments

• Carebear82
    Options
    My DD came home with 80% today (51/64) - don't know if a fluck but I changed the way we were doing things this week so been giving her 10-15 questions a day this week rather than spend all Thursday night and Sunday afternoon doing revision and seems to work though will see in her next test in school - though do you think 80% is enough to get a score of 106+
  • Jomidd
    Jomidd Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Yes my son scored 80/81% in his past 2 papers found out today at parents meeting. Teacher thinks anything over 75% is a decent score and he says as he's a June birthday should be ok. 5 silly mistakes that the teacher thought he would of got, could have easily been nearer 90%. Don't know what it means in a score though, I've eased off him with papers at home, doing more revision and going over past papers to see what mistakes he made to make sure he understands them. Costing me a fortune, every paper over 80% he gets £2 haha.
  • Bambi1980
    Options
    Wow great scores - am sure you are very content with 80s! That's great. Surely 80s would be more than 100?? It's so hard to know. I had been feeling more confident for my DD last month but after doing 2015 Paper 1 where she came home with mid 60s I am not so sure... Yes it was a harder paper but still kids getting 80s in her class and she dropped from top few in the class to below class average for first time. Thinking on one hand better to do it now than next month but if last year's papers are a sign of what's to come this year, I am seriously concerned!!
  • candy_kid
    Options
    Ok, so my DD scores are coming up again in September doing school papers I was lucky if she was getting 50%, problems with the teachers attitude really put her of, now she is up to about 70%, in every paper she is doing but there is still about 7 points she is still making silly mistakes with, when I go over them she can answer them, only a few weeks to get this sorted. I really need her to be getting 51/52.:eek:
  • May100
    May100 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    My DS is coming home very tired and can't be bothered doing anything. He is getting better at checking his work. I'd love someone to be able to teach him how to scan his work for mistakes rather than hope to re-do questions. I was going to give him part of a test that I filled in the answers with 70% of it right or so and he has 10 mins to find as many errors as possible. If anyone has any other ideas love to hear them. Seems to be he rushes the maths and does silly mistakes although it is his stronger subject but only makes a few slips ups in the english.
  • dee1000
    dee1000 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Candykid, my son is completely the same. I feel for you, he is getting about 65 - 70% and when I look at the mistakes its unbelievably silly little things that he knows. When we go over the papers he can see straight what he has done wrong. We only have the 2-3 weeks left and I am doubtful if he's going to improve much at this stage. If he wasn't so keen to do it I don't honestly think I would have him going through it. The only thing I can do is keep going over things and hope for the best!! Just wanted to say I completely sympathise with you. D x
  • candy_kid
    Options
    Thanks D. We only need a few more question correct in every paper, it's my DD that wants to do this, I would have gave up a long time ago. We just got to keep trying and hope for the best. X
  • Carebear82
    Options
    So what's everyone's preparation at moment with it being so close to AQE????? I'm starting to get nervous for them all now!!!!!
  • neveranymoney
    Options
    We are just doing the two tests in school and a bit of revision on a Saturday morning.
    I have pulled way back as my son was getting very anxious and hating the whole process so I let him have an entire weekend of doing nothing, never mentioning AQE and what do you know? His results in school that week were far higher.
    I CANNOT WAIT for it all to be over, we've had our familiarisation day and I've just had parent teacher which was very good I suppose but I had a trawl back through previous years posts here, relating to past years AQE and some of it was worrying reading.
    When parents applied for the raw scores, the kids average was at times, 80%, which got them low 100's and it wasn't enough for first choice schools. This was the 2014 year.
    My son does regularly get 80% and up but that has really shaken me.
    Total debt £20,000 Northern Rock loan:eek:
    Debt free date April 2016!!!!:eek:
  • May100
    May100 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Think we are all feeling the same - can't wait to see the end of the tests. We are the same - 2 tests in school and school homework and about 30 mins other work max based on any problems in test. DS is very tired and we are taking weekend off. I find he does better in the test on Monday if he has done little on nothing at the weekend. Seem to be rested and more focused or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure