Private transfer never arrived

Options

Comments

• powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Can see exactly where you are coming from, but we was there. The email stated the car would arrive, but to be there 15 minutes prior. So at 1845 we were sitting outside the front of the hotel.

No other entrance to the hotel.

We were sat at point 1, the car was at point 2.

litore.jpg

The car did leave around about 1915 - As at 1920 we started to make phone calls. Email said to leave it 15 minutes incase car was stuck in traffic.
  • Fat_Walt
    Fat_Walt Posts: 750 Forumite
    Options
    I'm afraid at the minute the balance of probability doesn't lie in your favour.
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you get them to give you the GPS coordinates of where the car was waiting?
    Can they give you a description of the car, which may rule out the "Williams" car?
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you get them to give you the GPS coordinates of where the car was waiting?
    Can they give you a description of the car, which may rule out the "Williams" car?

Was just about to ask, have you seen the GPS reports they refer to?

Also, was it just the GPS report they provided or did they also provide print outs of the job itself showing the name, pick up location, destination, time, whether the car picked up or not etc?

If the reception staff at the hotel can't remember you standing outside/what time you were outside, ask them for written confirmation of the time you checked out - if its computerised booking system it will likely be logged - and again, this can help give weight to your argument that you were outside before the agreed time.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Thank you.

There were no reports attached the email I was sent. I've emailed sunshine and asked for a copy of the GPS report that the Turkish is relying on. I've also asked if they have a job sheet available.

Regarding check out, we had to check out by 1200hrs. They had a room for us to keep out bags, and we just spent the remainder of the day by the pool, until 1800hrs when we freshened up, got changed and had a drink before waiting outside for the taxi.

Hopefully in a few days i'll receive something from the hotel to help back my version of events up.
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,521 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 October 2016 at 3:21PM
    Options
    Just received a response back
    Firstly thank you for your patience with this matter.

Further to your earlier correspondence, please find the supplier's response below:

Dear Team

Thank you for contacting hoppa.com

Please see the response from my local supplier:

Please note there were two transfers that day from the same hotel.
    One by the name of WILLIAMS the other belonged to this guest

Your guest transfer was at 1905 Williams was at an earlier time

I am afraid that we are unable to offer a refund for this booking.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused

No GPS report attached, which Sunshine said they would ask them for as not even Sunshine have seen the GPS report.

Just replied with the following:
    Thank you for the response. A few queries regarding this.

1) There is no GPS report attached which was requested yesterday which Hoppa.com mentioned. Please can this be forwarded on along with any job sheet the partner company may have regarding the transfer (Name, locations, pick up time, destination etc)

2) What time did the transfer for Williams arrive and depart the hotel. Did it collect a guest or did it leave empty?

Regards
  • naedanger
    naedanger Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just received a response back
    It seems to me that their response very strongly supports your version of events (if I have understood things correctly).

Your view was that the taxi company had made a mistake with another booking in the name of "Williams" and it turns out the only other booking from that hotel the same day was in the name of "Williams". How would you have known about the name "Williams" if your version was not correct?

(Not sure I would pursue the gps log, or the time of the Williams booking. Even if the booking was much earlier it seems to me that someone, somewhere supplied the name of the earlier booking for your collection.)
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    They never seem very forthcoming with information when they reply. Will have to see what the next response is.

If it gets to the stage of LBA and SCC, would it be Sunshine who I send this to? Holiday was booked through Sunshine, however they have a lot of comments stating they are just agents etc
    As sunshine.co.uk act as an agent we cannot comment on any response but instead work with you to try and get a resolution that both sides agree on.

As a member of ABTA we have an obligation to forward your correspondence to the supplier and to provide you with their response, or a reply containing an explanation for any delay in responding, no later than 28 days from today.

However, we do aim to respond to all customer correspondence at the earliest opportunity.

sunshine.co.uk acts as disclosed retail agent for all suppliers at all times.

sunshine.co.uk acts only as an agent in respect of all bookings we take and/or make on your behalf. For all arrangements, your contract will be with the supplier of the arrangements in question. You may decide to make one or more bookings with us at the same time, however all bookings are available to be purchased separately at the same price as they are if booked together. This means that any multiple bookings do not constitute a package as defined in the Package Travel Regulations 1992. Please see our booking conditions for further details.
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    This isn't just aimed at you, but I do chuckle at fellow Brits when they mention that (for example) Turkish people in Turkey do not speak English! Who would have guessed?! :p

To make a more useful post, it might be handy to also view the Ts and Cs you agreed to and see whether that can help you in any way (worth a shot)
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Heard back from Sunshine, this was the reply below.
    Firstly thank you for your patience with this matter.

Further to your earlier correspondence, please find the supplier's response below:

1) There is no GPS report attached which was requested yesterday which
    Hoppa.com mentioned. Please can this be forwarded on along with any job
    sheet the partner company may have regarding the transfer (Name, locations,
    pick up time, destination etc)
    Response - THE GPS IS BELOW

2) What time did the transfer for Williams arrive and depart the hotel. Did
    it collect a guest or did it leave empty?
    Response - WILLIAMS TOOK THEIR TRANSFERS GPS BELOW

Please be assured that we must, and do, strictly adhere to ABTA's Code of Conduct and having reviewed your booking, we have fulfilled our role as disclosed retail agent. Furthermore our role as Disclosed Retail Agent for the suppliers used on our website is to open a dialogue between the customer and the supplier and to act as intermediary by forwarding correspondence between the two parties in an effort to assist the resolution of any matters brought to our attention.

ABTA advise that having booked your arrangements through sunshine.co.uk, who act as an agent, our job is to place you in contact with a supplier of services, known as the principal. Although you have paid sunshine.co.uk, this does not mean that you have made a contract with us. It is the principal that is contractually bound to supply the travel services you booked.

I would respectfully draw your attention to our Terms and Conditions which all customers must accept at the time of booking and these state our position as Disclosed Retail Agent for the suppliers on our website.

ABTA permit a period of 28 days for each piece of correspondence, both received and generated. We must, and do, strictly adhere to ABTA's Code of Conduct where we are duty bound to write to our customers when 28 days, or a further 28 days period is reached.

As advised, as soon as we receive the suppliers response we will send it to you. I would also assure you that we regularly chase suppliers for their responses.

Thank you for your patience and we will be in touch soon.

The two attachments (GPS reports) are as follows. This one is for our booking:

image.png

This one is for the Williams booking:

image.png

Couple of discrepancies. Originally they said our car arrived at 1905 and departed at 1916hrs. The "GSP Report" shows our car apparently arrived at 1835hrs.

This would make sense as to why there was a vehicle outside when we came out at 1845hrs. However that car driver said he was waiting for Williams.

The Williams "GPS report" shows the car arrived at 1755hrs for a 1825hrs pickup .

Looks like im getting to the stage of a LBA now, as you can see from the replies of the supplier, they're not very forthcoming with information. My question, is who would I send the LBA to. In there blurb above, Sunshine make it clear that my contract is not with them, even though thats who I booked and paid.

So would I LBA sunshine, or the company they organised, A2B Transfers?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure