PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe all the clicks from facebook was your friends having a look at your property :) So 70 views from zoopla plus whatever views from rightmove isn't bad. Is the market slow in your area?
  • chrissie83
    chrissie83 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Do any of you know how to post pictures? The rightmove link would be easier but don't want it to come up in searches 😕
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    people asking for 50k above true value and then painting the walls hoping someone is tempted does not fool anyone. As a recent buyer (and majority of rational thinking buyers) the decorative condition is not of concern and an easy/cheap fix.

Might have worked when credit was plentiful and property was a one way bet, but in this climate, no it won`t work.
  • Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think you have to put them on photobucket and then post them but I'm not an expert :)
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    if in two months no one else had made an offer it probably wasn't worth that, but maybe the buyers really liked the place and bid was due to an emotional attachment.

Probably. There is also a supply issue if you want a particular kind of house.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Chrissie only post a link if you have strong nerves.
    Most will be helpful, but a couple will be really rude and one or two will say things that are of no help, like "I wouldn't put that wall there".

You can upload to photobucket then copy and paste IMG links.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Chrissie only post a link if you have strong nerves.
    Most will be helpful, but a couple will be really rude and one or two will say things that are of no help, like "I wouldn't put that wall there".

You can upload to photobucket then copy and paste IMG links.

Actually, someone was asking the other day and I did say how there should be a wall there lol. There was a massive long narrow room the width of the house - it should definitely have been two as there was a separate dining room and all the furniture was around the walls like it was a village hall rather than a lounge. I gave advice on moving the sofa to create a divide/wall.

But I do agree you need strong nerves. I'm not putting mine up LOL. I know its weaknesses (paved garden and dark purple lounge mainly! :o).

What you have to bear in mind is that no two people have the same taste. I will say if something is dated, but if it's not my cuppa I might say it that way rather than 'OMG that wallpaper is hideous!' Ways and means - and I always apologise in advance and say I'm not trying to be harsh and really try not to be, but sometimes 'factual' doesn't come across as sugarcoated...

If people aren't too sensitive about it, there really is LOADS to be learned. I keep trying to look at mine objectively but it's just so hard!

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You could always create a short link and not include the www bit and tell us if it's a .com at the end (add spaces inbetween). I don't think the link would be searchable - but I'm not techie.
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,843 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a quick post about setting a price. We have just put a flat on the market, it was a rental we owned but is too far from home so we decided to sell. It's empty.

We had the flat fully decorated and sorted prior to putting it on the market. It is therefore move in ready for a first time buyer or immediately letable for a LL.

We choose an EA carefully, small company, single office, small staff all know all properties, doesn't do letting.

It's strategy is routinely to post new properties to RM on a Monday, open house on the flowing Saturday. No viewings prior to open house, no viewings booked for after open house until a week past with the understanding that house may be sold before viewing if you don't attend OH.

We deliberately priced slightly below probable value, 12 viewers booked for OH. 14 viewers attended.

Monday am 6 offers, 5 above asking, best and final, price to cash buyer (funds checked) well above asking and above price we believed could be achieved.

Now wait and see if it completes!
  • chrissie83
    chrissie83 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    property-for-sale/property-58225069
    .html at the end but not sure it will work ��
    Thanks for your help. I think I know what's wrong with the pictures, we weren't expecting them to be taken that day. Hubby doesn't agree with me though so just wanted a few opinions
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback