PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For today:
    Mothers Day malteser as breakfast in bed with 2 daughters and a dog piled in.

Made teeny tiny lemon cupcakes with a blob of lemon curd I also made ( bag of lemons left at my front door last week) and teeny tiny chocolate cupcakes with a teeny tiny chocolate pavlova on top.

Took some to our afternoon tea and dropped some off on neighbour's doorstep. They are going through a tough time, her husband is in hospital, they have 2 young kids and I hope they enjoyed the cakes when they got in from visiting.

Afternoon tea....my cakes and lemon sponge and Mars bar slice and truffles. Friend's mum there for the afternoon ( stays in a nursing home) she has dementia but the love for her grandchildren was just so lovely to see. Lashings of tea. All vintage tea cups and just a lovely afternoon.

Home and a nice doggy walk. Lots if leaves to scrunch through.

Lovely phone call from the lady who was the other wife at carers afternoon tea..I should get a better description of her. She just wanted me to know she was thinking of me on my first mothers day without OH. She is such a lovely person and it was so nice to chat with her. Her husband is poorly but still with her.

My boy came home, he's been away for 3 days mountain biking.

Have a lovely Sunday
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) The most beautiful walking day today, Cookie and I have just circumnavigated the village and walked the lanes and the riverside in gorgeous sunshine.

2) Many small people very animated in the sailing club compound as there's a stiff little breeze blowing off the river today and they were off for a lesson in their dinghies and anticipating lots of bouncing about fun!

3) The sound of the waves driving on to the beach, the smell of the river and the breeze tossing the trees around overhead as we walked.

4) A family or two picnicking in the riverside park sitting on blankets and with 'proper' wicker picnic hampers accompanied by a whole gaggle of under 5s running round chasing each other and rolling in the grass, wonderful stuff.

5) One small girlie rather than roll in the grass was running uphill as fast as her tiny legs would carry her trying to launch a home made kite into the wind, proper childhood memories are made of such things as this!
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Eggs easy done.

King Kongs house visited.

Central Park toured

Muffin eaten.

Now for Cats. Front Row. Broadway.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, what a rubbish day. We've had insults thrown (not by me!), items confiscated, measures put in place, other child's parent contacted (who, by chance, meted out exactly the same punishments as I did, which amused me).

Despite all that...

1) Tasty porridge for breakfast.

2) Did an hour of digging on the allotment.

3) Smaller son went with my brother and my mum to watch the cricket at New Rd against Durham - with mum being a native of that county... (We won!)

4) Left Mr Naughty sulking and had a drive, found a couple of geocaches (and a swarm of bees) and had a pot of tea in NT Berrington.

5) Another poem was revised with NO INPUT FROM ME!!

Hmm, that's about it for today.

Exciting, BoP!
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My pleasures for today

1. Coffee and poached eggs on toast made by dh for breakfast.
    2. Journey from south to Lancashire under 4 hours - 230 miles.
    3. Dgs1 3rd birthday party, he had short hair today as he had been cutting his long locks himself! Had to be tidied up by barber.
    4. Joining in with the kids on the bouncy castle.
    5. Seeing all my family.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day mhags. As you know ours was a few weeks back
    Pm to bop have gone off tangerines!and from an ex hatter too. Pooey
    1) after excitements of midnight plumber had a lie in
    2) promised sunshine indeed appeared and got washing out on line
    3) then off to Edinburgh with 4 friends to spend afternoon with another friend who moved down 6 months ago. It's taken us a while to all be available the same weekend!
    4) we had roast chicken and played careers with counters that looked remarkably like cluedo figures. Prof plum won
    5) home to find xoh has fixed door handle, hung a couple of pictures, sorted the tv and rehung the downstairs loo mirror. She's going tomorrow so no more little jobs ( though hoping she can hang front room curtain rail before she goes!) but she'll be taking some stuff away so very much progressing :-)
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    3. Dgs1 3rd birthday party, he had short hair today as he had been cutting his long locks himself! Had to be tidied up by barber.
    4. Joining in with the kids on the bouncy castle.
    5. Seeing all my family.

That made me smile, I wonder how many times the barber has done a quick repair of U-16 DIY haircuts?
    Possibly over 16's too. I have a memory of ex OH deciding he could cut my hair for me and DD's too, despite protests. Wrecked tresses and angst for weeks as our hairdresser was away on leave...

I haven't made the sourdough bread yet, but will do.
    Quick collection.

1. Cycling in warm weather. The house was relatively cold, the kitchen so much so my bread was sullen to rise, but outside was warmer - as I discovered, having prepared for a cool cycle!

2. Lovely fundraising concert and quick catch ups with old friends. I was saddened to hear of the death at the end of March of someone who had dropped outside our circle some time ago.
    I felt sad that I had missed the funeral, but when I looked up details of their death online, it took place the same day as L's funeral last month. The services were at different crems, well over the width of the county apart in distance and only a couple of hours apart in time. I couldn't have got to both services.

3. More money-saving recipes sourced from odd places. Today's was a savoury bread pudding made from fridge and storecupboard staples. Stodge, but hm bread made it tastier.

4. A few more flowers on my oriental poppy and the promise of many to come. I hope stray footballs from the park don't flatten it..

5. Your pleasures. Good to hear you made it to NYC in one piece, BoP and BoPsie. Front row seats... oh get in!
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,032 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    BOP and Bopsie, wow..

1 Lovely to see the butterflies and bees on the garden plants.

2 Did a fridge check and used up everything good for us into a bolognaise type thing, I put the leftovers in a tub on the side to cooldown, and dh got excited thinking it was a Christmas pudding…

3 A friend from up north is working “dan” south and called into see us, bought an old generator off DH, and played with the animals.

4 A little bit of cleaning and tidying.

5 Watching Thunderbirds.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Interesting couple of days.

1. Went to see Harry Potter film on Saturday with live orchestra and it was excellent.

2. Ate out and then had a walk round London.

3. Friend came and stayed til Sunday. We hadn't seen him since Christmas.

4. DS2 cooked honey glazed ham which was good.

5. Glass of wine in the garden.

DS1 girlfriend was meant to be coming with us but felt she couldn't cope with it. She has mental health problems and now feels she needs to be admitted before she self harms. Her GP was good on Friday but mental health team didn't want to know as they had discharged her a couple of weeks ago on a phone call.
    Hopefully something will be done today.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope your son's girlfriend gets the help she needs village life

Almost bedtime!

Love a Monday at work and payday!

Picked up by my Canadian friend, who was recently in Europe for Vimy commemoration, lots to chat about but oh dear getting in and out of her very low sports car! Waaaah! Her treat. Went to what was at one point mine and OHs favourite cafe , not been for a long while. Had a scone and peppermint tea. Her treat.

I'm trying to be a grown up by drinking peppermint tea. I'm not really a hot drink-er and don't like coffee or regular tea and most cafes don't stock lactose free milk or I would have a hot chocolate but don't want soy milk.
    Cafe had it's fire on! It's so chilly! Was a very foggy start, a bit eery walking to work this morning.

DD2 not well today and off school but had to go in for a theatre production doodah this evening, she's very critical of herself but I thought it was good...what do I know? I'm just her biggest fan! Same again tomorrow but being assessed by external assesors.

Dog snuggles. I've had a few 'moments' today and he just comes up and snuggles in.

Have a good day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport