The Love is in the Air February NSD Challenge

Options

Comments

• emslovesmickey
    Options
    I'm up to NSD 7 now. Wasn't one today as i treated myself to a yankee candle and a dress in the sale.
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    I've had a lovely day off and not spent a penny,so I'm declaring #5 and 2 in a row.

Thanks for the update freeby.:)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    No 7 today.
    Have a bit of a problem through.
    Tis my mums birthday next week and I have no idea what to get for her nor more importantly how to pay for it.
    I love my life sometimes :rotfl: ~not.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    And kerching! Another NSD in the pot makes 4 NSDs in total!!!!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    *slinking in*:o

:wave:Hi everyone

Well .... where should I start!:rotfl:

Short version is that I'm struggling a bit trying to get back into being back at work & am exhausted at the end of the day - so it's very short visits to the forum (and culture shock for me!). Not too well again which isn't helping - still trying to get the new meds sorted!

Spending ... well .... still no NSDs to add (currently on No 2) :eek: - can't see me making it this months:eek: - few big spends due ..... Opticians (and need at least 2 pairs & maybe 3 pairs of glasses :eek::eek:) and the car tax is due!:eek::eek:

mmmmmm :o Hope all are well & will try to catch up on the thread over the weekend!
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • MummyRivett
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    No 7 today.
    Have a bit of a problem through.
    Tis my mums birthday next week and I have no idea what to get for her nor more importantly how to pay for it.
    I love my life sometimes :rotfl: ~not.

Homemade Chutney, biscuits or jam is nice, or bath salts. Knit some lavender draw freshners. Sew a cushion out of off cuts or some old clothes.

Bake a cake, or a nice picnic and a visit to a museum.
    • MSE Forum Achievements:
    • Debt-free & Proud - December 2014
    • Fully Funded 12 Month Emergency Fund - December 2020
    • Current Challenges: No Spend Challenge 2023
    • January NSD: 16/25
  • ModestyB
    ModestyB Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not an nsd yesterday or today as we went to a Murder Mystery overnight stay at an hotel. Unfortunately we missed all the action and clues due to what DH called a 'Motormouth' at our table. :mad: We don't even know who was murdered! :eek: Why do people go to these things if they're not going to take part? It's so unfair to others. :mad:
    To make up for it, DH took me for a meal when we came home today. :)

Hugs to all who are poorly.
    S.P.C. 9 2016 No. 062 Banked £337.50
    My Gold Stars off Sue. :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin
  • MummyRivett
    Options
    8NSD for me today :)
    • MSE Forum Achievements:
    • Debt-free & Proud - December 2014
    • Fully Funded 12 Month Emergency Fund - December 2020
    • Current Challenges: No Spend Challenge 2023
    • January NSD: 16/25
  • Jelly_Biactol
    Options
    Jonesy88 wrote: »
    We [STRIKE]needed[/STRIKE] wanted a new corner table
    'Need' vs 'Want', excellent:rotfl:
    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.'
    Groucho Marx

• EverTheOptimist
    Options
    ModestyB wrote: »
    Not an nsd yesterday or today as we went to a Murder Mystery overnight stay at an hotel. Unfortunately we missed all the action and clues due to what DH called a 'Motormouth' at our table. :mad: We don't even know who was murdered! :eek: Why do people go to these things if they're not going to take part? It's so unfair to others. :mad:
    To make up for it, DH took me for a meal when we came home today. :)

Hugs to all who are poorly.

Ah that's a shame, some people can be so rude. I love the idea of going to a murder mystery night, was supposed to go to one a few years ago but it got cancelled due to poor uptake, and never been to one since.

Nice of DH to take you for a meal though.
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family