PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    well done everyone.

Only a tiny win for me on my visit to dads - just a couple more bits out. But the big win is that my brother has done some more tidying and clearing and is keeping the house clean :T
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    VJsmum wrote: »
    ...But the big win is that my brother has done some more tidying and clearing and is keeping the house clean :T

That's a big step forward :T
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good grief! What a set of posts! A lot of physical pain involved too, unfortunately :( I hope everyone's okay today.

I'm kondoing weeds today :):):)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Off to the tip after a quick cuppa - 15 tog kingsized duvet, far to heavy for us, passed around the family countless times and no joy with giving it away so off to the tip it goes, along with a small table that was being used by DH in his man cave but it's beyond economic repair now and needs to go. Will be passing a couple of charity shops on route to the tip so will drop off a big pile of books and a bag of shoes that DD's have found.

Winning, one bag at a time!
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 June 2017 at 4:29PM
    Options
    Two successes: the longterm guest has moved himself closer to potential work, and dd2's birthday party went well.

I have cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom, and am back to my normal routine of doing something every day. My admin needs to be sorted, though, it is all over the house at the moment, because the guest stayed in our office. He was not happy with our office, as it has no proper bed, and only a small window high up, and he hinted he wanted our other guest room. Well, no, that room is only accessible through our dds' bedroom, and we are never putting a male guest there.

Dd's birthday party was decorated from stock, was held at home, lasted only two hours, and had only five guests. She was allowed to pick six (as she was turning six), but only invited five. They mainly played in the garden while I provided homemade pancakes, water and icecreams :) They had a great time!
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Fen1
    Fen1 Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Siebrie: I'm so happy that everything is coming together for you. I have seen in your posts how things have been difficult. I hope you had some ice cream too, at your daughter's party????
    You were absolutely right in keeping your houseguest in the office. No way should he be going through your daughter's room. And if he had a nicer room he might never have moved out!
    Sorry for the bad English. A bit tiddled tonight as it is my belated birthday supper. My real birthday was a wash-out, as usual. But today, OH and I actually had a DAY OUT. Blimey.

I would like to get rid of more from Chez Fen, but have to wait until the next charity stall day. Grrrrrr. At least I know that things are on the way out, and I just need a little patience.....
  • 12months
    12months Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Hi :wave:

Hope you don't mind me butting in. I've been reading this thread and feel like I need to tackle the clutter and mess in my life. I've got lots of inspiration from reading your posts - thanks :) Does anyone have any advice re which of Marie Kondo's books is best to read or does it not really matter?
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    GQ you have't posted for a couple of days - is everything okay at Shoebox Towers?
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    12months wrote: »
    Hi :wave:

Hope you don't mind me butting in. I've been reading this thread and feel like I need to tackle the clutter and mess in my life. I've got lots of inspiration from reading your posts - thanks :) Does anyone have any advice re which of Marie Kondo's books is best to read or does it not really matter?

I don;t think the book matters (oh and welcome!) but maybe try the 1st one?
    Must use my stash up!
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In between dd's birthday party I managed to do 3 loads of laundry, and now 2 pants (mine and dh's) and 3 socks are in the ragbag :)

Dds have already done some of the crafting from the gifts dds received, so those items can be discarded soon, hurray!

Best friend's Mum died last night, funeral is next week; I'm now figuring out how to get there and back on time (3.5hr drive / dh works 7am-3pm / drop off and pick up dds / etc). If only her Mum had done as she was told and not touched the dog's lead! (Cliffhanger, much? :D)
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure