PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd October 2017

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bossy.. go read the link I shared on my FB yesterday... usually this is fobbed off with 'it's because they like you' .. and 'stay away from them' ..I'd go in to speak to staff because it could well have consequences into adulthood.

Too much tired, not enough sleep.. DD2 had me up until after 2am, Twinkle was up at 4 and the others at 6..

Kitchen is less full of dirty pots and I took 2 huge carriers to school for 'junk modelling' .. and half a wheelie bin of recycling.. my kitchen is still gross! I am too tired to do anything about it today
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bossy - give her a big hug from her Fly-aunties and tell her that we think she's amazing, because of course she is!

I am not going to get distracted today from Valli's list. I was going to head back over to the allotment yet again as it isn't raining at the mo, but I was awake again at 1am, so quite frankly got a bit of cba. Towels were washed and dried yesterday, so I have stripped the beds and that is blowing outside. I'm keeping one eye on the weather as it can't seem to make its mind up. Errands to run this afternoon in small town, so I will meet DD after school as well.

Went on a slow jog this morning, showered and hairwashed when I got back. Just having a coffee and something to eat....I will not get distracted from the list....
  • sammiell
    sammiell Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kitchen & Dining Room

Level 1
    Level 2
    Wipe/polish chairs - don't forget underneath seats where sticky fingers linger

Level 3
    Extras
    Check fridge for use-up stuff
    Do a freezer inventory - start using up/creating space for Christmas
    MAD half hour - plan to start nibbling away at a big job
    New month - do you need any cards? Buy December's cards too - because they mysteriously start to disappear from the shops

Trffic Tuesday - Lounge about

Level 1

Empty bins
    Remove anything that doesn't live here
    Dust coffee table and tidy
    See to flowers

level 2

Dust everywhere
    Plump cushions
    Wipe sockets and switches
    Wipe sills
    Clean windows

Level 3

Vacuum all soft furnishings, curtains
    sweep/vacuum/mop floor
    Dust skirtings

Extras
    Vacuum/dust radiators
    HHI
    Half term this month...start making plans - do you need craft materials for Christmas card making with the littleys?
    (laughs hysterically - I have to do it with 26 of them...)
    Plan something nice for the weekend

Wonderful Wipey Wednesday - bathroom

simple list - but effective

remove all gibble
    fling towels in wash
    scrub bath, loo and sink. THOROUGHLY inc under rims and outside...

dust everywhere

polish mirrors and any glass

sweep and mop floor
    MAD half hour...
    Bit late posting this week but have been flying
    thanks for the lists
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've calmed down now ;)

But my wardrobe has seen the benefits lol. It's very tidy, I've flung lots - a whole bin liner full - and organised the rest. I can actually see my clothes, and I have a stash box for the winter festival :p

I've even got some books to donate :T

Right, I'll got tidy the kitchen and dust and sweep again :mad:
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And the list is done! Even the floors. Drumroll please...

For my half hour MAD I turned out a cupboard shelf and a drawer of old towels. I've rehoused the best ones and the others are in a pile to go to the Dogs Trust next time I am near. I got a bit carried away and have just rescued the bolognaise sauce which I had forgotten I had left cooking on low. Luckily just in time.

I've just had a long phone call with an old friend. Unfortunately she didn't mean to dial me, but she recovered that quite well. I've often wondered what I did wrong / to upset her as she just stopped responding to my texts. Having spoken to her today, I think she just moved on, and I was no longer in the plan. A shame, but I guess that's life. :( No suggestion was made for a meet up....

I'm going to wash up again, then I'll be off to town to tick off some errands. Catch you all later.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Feeling quite chirpy today (although the decorating mess on the landing is getting to me a little but it will be worth it in the end).

Paid stuff no. 1 done, home to swish the hoover round, put the dw on and put a hotpot in the sc. On with more paid stuff now.

JoJo many years ago I worked in accountancy practice. We were not allowed to wear trousers (yes really) .. in fact heels, skirt suits and tights were pretty much compulsory. I used to go out auditing in dusty factories, warehouses and shop basements but I would have never dared challenge the dress code.

Things have been much better at work since I challenged the boss on a couple of things. Dont want to be negative but I am not sure it will last. Wondering if I should give it a couple of weeks and then say thank you for taking my comments on board I am feeling a lot more positive about x and y. Or just leave it for now.

Right job no. 2 awaits.
  • macpep1
    macpep1 Posts: 1,749 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Everyone

May I come back & join you all? Good to see a few familiar faces still around. I need to get my house back into some sort of organisation as I have things falling out of cupboards when I open them & I just stuff them back in. :o Not had the best few years I was on medication but been off it now for a few weeks & starting to feel like the old me. I thought of you all this morning when my 18 week old kitten (who has been with us for 4 weeks & has settle in great) sat on my bed & peed on it :(:eek: I have no idea why as we got the litter her breeder had her on & she has used her litter box with no problem, it was cleaned out yesterday & my bed sheets were only just changed on Monday so I am totally confused. I will print the list off & see if I can do a couple of HHC's tonight as this is the only night kids don't have something on.
    :TGratitude is the best Attitude :T
    Long Term Flylady
  • aklmatthews
    Options
    Bean busy with work so nothing done in the house today but as on top of things it's not a problem house still looks ok and my bathroom is tiny so will catch up on today's list over next couple of days.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JoJo many years ago I worked in accountancy practice. We were not allowed to wear trousers (yes really) .. in fact heels, skirt suits and tights were pretty much compulsory. I used to go out auditing in dusty factories, warehouses and shop basements but I would have never dared challenge the dress code.

Hasn’t changed much! I ended up at a meat market in a straight skirt and heels as a sub for someone who called in sick:D. When I was training we were allowed trousers, but nothing like a jumper when on a farm in January doing stock take (and I mean STOCK:rotfl:)

Thankfully I tend to work on smaller start ups these days and I’m office based. I live in woolly cardigans.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,778 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    just dashing in

Bossy please mention that to teacher/school. It's against theri anti bullying policy. Name-calling (repeated) is bullying.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family