Shop & Scan

Options

Comments

• maiden_scotland
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    is anyone feeding this back to the company directly? maybe if enough complain they might do something.

I'd contacted them about this last year but nothing was done so I asked to be removed as it was now too much trouble trying to provide them the information they required.
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    edited 22 July 2015 at 10:48AM
    Options
    I rang and complained that I now only get 1000 a week if I'm lucky before I was getting 5000 and this way takes longer. They weren't interested said it's quicker and it's not about earning as many points as possible. You get psid 100 points per transmission now not per item.

You get 260 points for your first submission each week then 100 for every other one. You buy drink, sandwich and crisps in one shop you only get 100 points whereas before you got 200 per item plus 1000 just for participating.
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    littlewren wrote: »
    I just think it's so unfair that not everyone is having to use the app. The people that use the 'old' way of texting barcodes through are getting a very reasonable amount of points each week......unlike us that use the app! And then on top of that it's so fiddly and the scanner doesn't always work.

They told me they no longer accept transmission via text?
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I just got booted off as it has been bought to there attention that I have posted negative feedback about them on here.

I had a jiffy bag in the post the next day to return my clicker and book and have received a jiffy bag everyday this week for the same thing!
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • judexx
    judexx Posts: 495 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone else had an invitation to a new panel - Screenwise Select (the email states that it is by invitation only to existing Shop & Scan panellists ) ?

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Kantar is conducting a research project in partnership with Google to help them better serve their users, partners and customers by learning more about people's media use, on the web and elsewhere.

As a member of Screenwise Select Panel you would receive a small meter and handset to use with each TV set, and a web meter that links with your existing internet connection. When someone is watching TV, the people in the room would simply need to press a button on the handset to indicate their presence. Similarly, on shared devices that access the internet, the person using it would be required to identify themselves by selecting their symbol.

Rewards

Once the meters are installed in your home we will credit your account with 25,000 points. Each month we will reward you with a further 5,500 points for your TV and web data. In addition to this you will be rewarded an annual bonus of 30,000 points for your continued participation. This is all on top of the rewards you receive for participation in ShopandScan, of which you will need to remain an active member."

Reward is good but sounds a bit too intrusive for my liking - what does everyone else think ?
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
  • xsunnysuex
    xsunnysuex Posts: 582 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    judexx wrote: »
    Anyone else had an invitation to a new panel - Screenwise Select (the email states that it is by invitation only to existing Shop & Scan panellists ) ?

I have been a member of Screenwise Select for over 2yrs now. The way I look at it is it's a good amount of points for very little work. You don't even know it's there. Unless you forget to sign in. Then you get phone calls or emails to remind you.
    They only monitor what you watch on tv or what sort of web sites you go on. And with the website monitor you get an option to sign in as a guest. Then data isn't collected.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,229 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    xsunnysuex wrote: »
    I have been a member of Screenwise Select for over 2yrs now. The way I look at it is it's a good amount of points for very little work. You don't even know it's there. Unless you forget to sign in. Then you get phone calls or emails to remind you.
    They only monitor what you watch on tv or what sort of web sites you go on. And with the website monitor you get an option to sign in as a guest. Then data isn't collected.

Same here, but I bet they are disappointed I record most programmes, mainly on BBC, never watch daytime TV , reality shows, quizzes etc, and whiz through all adverts
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • tb4100
    tb4100 Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi I'm a new shopandscanner I got my book and clicker yesterday read it through and loaded the CD on my PC and my clicker wont click ? can someone advise me please x
  • smeeth
    smeeth Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When you plug it into your computer what colour is the light? If it's red leave it to charge.
    HTH
    Anchor yourself to the foundations of everything you love.

Thank you to all those who post competitions!:beer:
  • tb4100
    tb4100 Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you smeeth it was red at first but is now green and still not clicking ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback