Ebay complaints

Options

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Horlock wrote: »
    I'm not convinced, that this can be hidden in small print. You can't sell a service which you don't provide and then hide behind small print.

I understand you are only the messenger - and don't shoot the messenger etc, but I don't think they can legally do this.

Small? Did you check the T&Cs?
    I think you will find they have 'legally' fulfilled what they promised.
  • barmonkey
    barmonkey Posts: 7,159 Forumite
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    It's designed to make it difficult to complain because it will deter most people from bothering...

Its easy to complain, just ring them, but make sure you speak to Ireland.

You may have got better help if you posted this in the eBay section.
    WWSD
    (what would Scooby Doo)
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What time of day did you actually send it? If you had missed the cutoff for the last collection of the day on the 18th it would be classed as posted on the 19th, with the next day then being the weekend it would be further delayed until the Monday.

Did you check the tracking or has your buyer told you it arrived late? Could either the buyer be lying about the late arrival or possibly a delivery attempt was made earlier but if the buyer didn't answer they have either had to collect from their local RM collection office or arranged redelivery to the 22nd.

I'm assuming it was sent via RM as everything I buy from eBay with printed eBay labels arrive with RM unless I specifically choose and pay a lot more for a courier.
  • custardy
    Options
    Fosterdog wrote: »
    What time of day did you actually send it? If you had missed the cutoff for the last collection of the day on the 18th it would be classed as posted on the 19th, with the next day then being the weekend it would be further delayed until the Monday.

Did you check the tracking or has your buyer told you it arrived late? Could either the buyer be lying about the late arrival or possibly a delivery attempt was made earlier but if the buyer didn't answer they have either had to collect from their local RM collection office or arranged redelivery to the 22nd.

I'm assuming it was sent via RM as everything I buy from eBay with printed eBay labels arrive with RM unless I specifically choose and pay a lot more for a courier.

Nope,sent by Shutl.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fosterdog wrote: »

A large percentage of people have been moved over to the Shutl service on ebay rather than RM - there has been a thread on this on the ebay board. I think this thread might have been better off on the ebay board anyway, I'm not sure why OP chose to put it here.

OP, Shutl don't have guaranteed services, and the T and Cs explain that . It is the same with RM, they offer 1st class which they show as a 1 day delivery but it is not guaranteed, for guaranteed you would need to use special as they compensate if item does not match the guarantee.

I agree though that ebay themselves need to understand what information they are giving us as they base our 'late' defects on delivery speed, so they sell us a service that they estimate is a 1 day service, but actually takes 2 days (they don't count Sundays in their delivery estimates) and not only do we get a disgruntled buyer, we get marked down with a late as well. If item was late according to the service used you will see that reflected on your enhanced dashboard - and it is always worth keeping an eye on the dashboard as a number of people don't and are then surprised when they get a restriction notice.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Rainbowgirl84
    Rainbowgirl84 Posts: 1,175 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You'd think a Board Guide from the ebay etc board would move it over there?
  • custardy
    Options

Well if you are from the Ebay board then you don't have the ability to move it from the praise,vent & warnings board,do you?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I am not a BG on this board so cannot move it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Options
    Sicard wrote: »
    It sounds like the assistant also had no proper training. I've seen this type of conversation on M$ troubleshooting boards where the employed troubleshooter doesn't listen properly to the problem presented.

Oh don't get me started on technet forums.

The MS drones on there are notorious for asking meaningless questions they must have pinned up on a wall above their PC, and not paying any attention to what you actually post.

They also start from a position that the forum poster is an IT idiot rather than use any judgement.

Worse than here really!
  • Nodding_Donkey
    Nodding_Donkey Posts: 2,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »
    Oh don't get me started on technet forums.

The MS drones on there are notorious for asking meaningless questions they must have pinned up on a wall above their PC, and not paying any attention to what you actually post.

They also start from a position that the forum poster is an IT idiot rather than use any judgement.

Worse than here really!

Oh come on, it sounds just like here :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family