Iii

Options

Comments

• le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    "They have switched off access to my account.
    Today they send me an email telling me I have a secure message"

Did the same to me.
    It will be about the quarterly charge.
    You need to speak to them again.
    Aren't they great, they just think so much of you that they want to stay in touch. Ahh!
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,279 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ozzage wrote: »
    In the meantime I've gone to HL and asked them if they will still honour the offer they made to me last year (lower, capped platform fee in response to my complaint) if I transfer back. Not sure what the chance of that is, but worth the ask. I will happily pay slightly more with HL now than stay with III.
    You should certainly share the results of this when you find out. I'm sure you will not be alone in wondering if those offers still stand.

Personally I'm still not willing to pay the extra platform charges associated with moving to the next cheapest provider, but I wish III would improve to the point that they were in the same league as other platforms. Perhaps that could be their goal for 2015 - to become almost as good as the competition.
  • ozzage
    ozzage Posts: 518 Forumite
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    You should certainly share the results of this when you find out. I'm sure you will not be alone in wondering if those offers still stand.

Personally I'm still not willing to pay the extra platform charges associated with moving to the next cheapest provider, but I wish III would improve to the point that they were in the same league as other platforms. Perhaps that could be their goal for 2015 - to become almost as good as the competition.

I will certainly let you all know the outcome. Being HL, I imagine I'll know pretty quickly.

re the costs, I feel that III are costing me actual money now.

The fight to reclaim the tax on the bond fund in the ISA is fairly minor in £ terms, but it all adds up. I'm not convinced they are going to manage to actually give me this money back, and I'm really concerned about what else they aren't doing that they should be! I don't want to spend hours every month double-checking everything.

There are also open questions about commission credits "expiring" when they shouldn't and needing to beg to have them reinstated.

A delayed response (1 month to get an actual answer) to my question about a one-off pension employer contribution meant that I missed the dip (that I was aiming for!) almost entirely. That potentially cost me more than a thousand pounds. OK the market could have gone either way - I realise that - but I don't want to have the timing of things dictated by their shoddy service.

Really I've had enough. Enough of having to wait for every single response to every single question I ask. Enough of having to ask questions at all simply because they don't do things properly!
  • JenniferK
    Options
    How it should be done - just received all my end of December Fund dividends via AJ Bell.
    Best of luck to those still with III.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i don't know what you're moaning about, JenniferK
    le_loup wrote: »
    They use BACS therefore you will see this on Wednesday.

it did arrive today:T there's nothing wrong with iii :p
  • JenniferK
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    there's nothing wrong with iii :p

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • sorcerer
    sorcerer Posts: 878 Forumite
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    i don't know what you're moaning about, JenniferK

it did arrive today:T there's nothing wrong with iii :p

Well I had a Bacs transfer happen on the 22nd Dec, and the money still hasn't arrived.
  • JenniferK
    JenniferK Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I would guess that Interactive Investor have never heard of fast pay.
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    JenniferK wrote: »
    I would guess that Interactive Investor have never heard of fast pay.

I think they get sent cheques which they cash and take back to the office.

Damien and Edna then divide the cash up into little piles for each client. Julie writes out the paying in slips as she has the best handwriting.

Once a month, unless it is cold or wet, they then walk back to the bank and pay the cash into each client account.

As they have nearly a hundred clients now, you can appreciate that this takes some time.

HTH - and Happy New Year all! :cool:
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    edited 1 January 2015 at 12:59PM
    Options
    Trouble is that Glasgow is always cold and wet!
    But apart from that, it's a good scheme and works well.

I hope that the gallant band still using III have a good new year and that things will get better ... let's face it, it can't get worse.
    Oh yes it can. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport