CEOemail

Options
I didn't know where else to put this post, by rights it should be in the 'how to complain section'.

Does anybody use CEOemail website for ceo contact addresses (just search CEOemail)?
I used to be good but now I can’t make it work. Suddenly it seems to want to classify me as a business and so pay to use. Even when I inform it I’m asking in a personal capacity so shouldn't pay it won’t let me proceed to the information pages.

So suddenly it has gone from being a useful resource to become useless. Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Trying to mention that site here usually invokes the forum "swear" filter. :)

That's because the site owner previously spammed these boards (several years ago) with the link to their site.

The personal/business part has been in place for a while now ... have you tried to use the site quite a few times in a relatively short period of time?
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 June 2017 at 7:46PM
    Options
    I shuddered when I saw that sitename at the thought of it's owner returning. Try Resolver instead?

Remember CEOs dont see complaints they get automatically diverted to the customer service department. The staff on the next bank of desks to me would answer their phones as "executive complaints" but be trained no differently and have no different powers to the rest of us.
  • Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    In the USA, the head of a complaints department is often given the title "Vice President".
  • skintpaul
    skintpaul Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    try finding out the format any company uses for email addresses-

eg- firstname.lastname@anyfirm.com ),

if you know the top bod's name (easy found on a google search, or their website)..

also copy in @complaints@, info@, sales@ enquiries@ etc...

- at least one of those maiboxes would be monitored / actioned!
    breathe in, breathe out- You're alive! Everything else is a bonus, right? RIGHT??
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »

Remember CEOs dont see complaints they get automatically diverted to the customer service department.

Twice in my call centre work, I had customers asking to speak to the CEO and actually named him! I cannot remember how I resolved the calls.
  • pmduk
    Options
    When I worked for a Virgin branded company people would often ask for Richard Branson despite the fact had no involvement other than licensing the Virgin name for a fortune each year. He played no part in the running of the company.

You just explain that office doesn't take calls, but that is what the customer service dept is for and how can you help. At the end of the day the directors probably wouldn't know how the systems worked to solve a problem anyway.
  • System
    Options

You just explain that office doesn't take calls, but that is what the customer service dept is for and how can you help. At the end of the day the directors probably wouldn't know how the systems worked to solve a problem anyway.

One call centre I worked for, the in house customer service program,, you could see the names of employees that had a login for this. It was firstname,surname. If there were two employees of the same name - Karen Smith, one would been Karen.Smith1 - the one that was employed the shortest time. Needless to say, none of the board of directors and the CEO had logins.
  • pmduk
    Options
    One call centre I worked for, the in house customer service program,, you could see the names of employees that had a login for this. It was firstname,surname. If there were two employees of the same name - Karen Smith, one would been Karen.Smith1 - the one that was employed the shortest time. Needless to say, none of the board of directors and the CEO had logins.
    This is one of the reasons we never give surnames.
  • System
    Options
    This is one of the reasons we never give surnames.

My previous post was the login username for the in-house system.
    I never gave my surname. One call centre, we had to. I hate my surname as its difficult to spell and often mis pronounced. I raised my objections and I got was ' No-one has ever complained before'. I left on Wednesday and got a new job the following day to start on Monday.
  • Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    If you write to Buckingham Palace, and ask Her Majesty to hand out the prizes at your child's sports day, the reply will be something like :
    "Her Majesty has asked me to thank you for your kind invitation, but regrets that owing to prior engagements, she is unable to attend."
    She is the "CEO" of "UK plc".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport