Different mattress sent asking for £49 charge for return

Options

Comments

• robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Other, if you really want to cancel Paypal's dispute.

Just an observation OP - and I fully agree that you didn't receive goods as described - you aren't going to a get a quality hand stitched pocket spring mattress for £200.

Spend a bit more - after all you spend maybe 1/3 of your life in bed which is likely more that you spend in any other single place.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't close the dispute. If you let it time-out they will get their funds eventually. It puts you in a better position to have the dispute open and add the dispute details to any legal proceedings. This shows you gave them time to make arrangements to collect it. Or re read post 64 and have the dispute settled in your favour.
  • Sebyle
    Sebyle Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »
    Other, if you really want to cancel Paypal's dispute.

Just an observation OP - and I fully agree that you didn't receive goods as described - you aren't going to a get a quality hand stitched pocket spring mattress for £200.

Spend a bit more - after all you spend maybe 1/3 of your life in bed which is likely more that you spend in any other single place.

Fully agree with you but I fell in their trap, I thought they were a clearance workshop.
    My last mattress was £750 on sale originally ovet £1000 and for my guest I have a futon company bed don't coma cheap as well.

I am so cross with myself! :mad:
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Options
    Don't get me wrong I bought a mattress online - but I did loads of research first and had tested lots in shops. Really pleased with mine too.

Shame you didn't mean the "coma" pun.
  • Sebyle
    Options
    Hi guys! I am after some time.
    I was waiting for the PayPal case to close and in the meantime I did send a letter of action by email and by post to beds.co.uk.
    During the PayPal case I have contacted PayPal by message and told them my concern and asked them to file it in the case. Underneath you ll find the outcome of the case.
    Beds.co.uk haven't responded to my letter of action so I wrote to them again about it asking why they haven't responded. They got back to me straight away with this:

Hi there,Thanks for your time today, I have been passed your order across from our e-mail team, I can advise the mattress you have is correct item. As our terms and conditions advise that there will be a £49.00 collection charge. Please advise of a suitable day for collection.

Outcome of PayPal case:
    Our records show that you have not responded to requests for additional
    information about this claim. This claim has been cancelled. We hope that
    you have worked out this situation amicably with your seller.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Yours sincerely,

Protection Services Department

I will need some advice on what to do next please. I am really tired with this I am trying not to give up.
    Can you please help, I don't have any knowledge regarding law...
    I really value the help you gave me so far p, thank you very much.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sebyle wrote: »
    Hi guys! I am after some time.
    I was waiting for the PayPal case to close and in the meantime I did send a letter of action by email and by post to beds.co.uk.
    During the PayPal case I have contacted PayPal by message and told them my concern and asked them to file it in the case. Underneath you ll find the outcome of the case.
    Beds.co.uk haven't responded to my letter of action so I wrote to them again about it asking why they haven't responded. They got back to me straight away with this:

Hi there,Thanks for your time today, I have been passed your order across from our e-mail team, I can advise the mattress you have is correct item. As our terms and conditions advise that there will be a £49.00 collection charge. Please advise of a suitable day for collection.

Outcome of PayPal case:
    Our records show that you have not responded to requests for additional
    information about this claim. This claim has been cancelled. We hope that
    you have worked out this situation amicably with your seller.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Yours sincerely,

Protection Services Department

I will need some advice on what to do next please. I am really tired with this I am trying not to give up.
    Can you please help, I don't have any knowledge regarding law...
    I really value the help you gave me so far p, thank you very much.

Have you tried contacting your local trading standards? The response you get will pretty much be pot luck - some TS offices wont even speak to you, some will take details but no action, others will (for matters like this that could be easily resolved) contact the seller and make them aware of their obligations.

Try sending your local TS office an email just stating the goods are not as described/not of satisfactory quality yet the retailer keeps telling you that you need to pay for the return. Hopefully your local office is one of the better ones.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    If a LBA has been sent and they still wont play ball isnt it time to start the action
  • Sebyle
    Options
    Have you tried contacting your local trading standards? The response you get will pretty much be pot luck - some TS offices wont even speak to you, some will take details but no action, others will (for matters like this that could be easily resolved) contact the seller and make them aware of their obligations.

Try sending your local TS office an email just stating the goods are not as described/not of satisfactory quality yet the retailer keeps telling you that you need to pay for the return. Hopefully your local office is one of the better ones.

Hi, thanks for your response.
    I haven't done that yet, will do.
  • Sebyle
    Options

Hi,
    My local trading standards doesn't deal with this things, what do I do now?
    Thanks
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As above, if you've sent a LBA then really the only step open to you now is decide whether you want to issue proceedings against them or not.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure