IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private Parking Appeals Ltd

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Nor was I, but I read emails and follow such case reports, and so do lots of posters here.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I may be wrong but wasn’t one of the directors hit with massive costs due to unreasonable behaviour in court?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is not the first time I've been attacked in court by the representative, to be fair. However, normally they attack my right of audience at the start, they don't let me get to the end and then lie about me.

Only once before has a judge said in a hearing that I cannot represent a party - that claim was adjourned, and won on the second hearing, at which I represented the client.

I have never been found, in 35 previous cases, to have acted unreasonably such that I should be liable for costs. Unlike Mr Beavis, who was found to have been unreasonable in a hearing on 5 July at Dartford. I'll use his own words...

"DJ Wilkinson was gravely concerned about my behaviour. There were concerns before today in the conduct of the case but especially in my conduct in the court. The case shifted and changed. There was unreasonable conduct in representation...

The award against the claimant has been made because of my inexperience and my errors."
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/the-indigo-matters-continue-who-is.html

and now the origional

wilkie.jpg
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • logician
    logician Posts: 204 Forumite
    edited 13 January 2018 at 2:24AM
    Options
    Yes but you seem to be blurring the blog, clearly where it was stated that Barry Beavis had been previously found to be acting unreasonably in a case.

pappa_golf wrote: »

To quote a different section:

"Additionally Mr Wilkie has now done a few parking cases - over 36 in total, and no-one has ever suggested that his conduct has been anything other than exemplary, indeed he has been allowed leave on more than one occasion to represent at appeal level and is regularly complimented about
    the standard of his submissions and behaviour as a lay person. One District Judge remarked that he conducted himself “no less than I would have expected from Senior counsel”. Additionally, Counsel for Indigo made no objection to John Wilkie continuing to represent after judgment, nor, at the appeal did he object to Mr Wilkie making submissions; he indicated that even if the matter went to multi-track, he would not object to the Defendants being assisted by Mr Wilkie.
    "

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/wright-hassall-blow-7000-of-indigos.html

And Parking Pranksters own words

"The attempted smearing of John Wilkie appears to be a calculated and premeditated attempt to 'justify' the Wright Hassall legal fees of around £50k. Wright Hassall started the maneuvering by trying to move the claim from the small claims court, where there are no legal fees, to the multi-track, where there are. This appears to be the next strategy -attacking the lay representative of the defence to attempt to get fees granted under 27.14(2)g 'unreasonableness' rule.

The Prankster does not have a transcript of the judgment so does not know how much of the costs awarded are due to the alleged behaviour of John Wilkie, and how much are due to other matters.

So far no independent evidence has emerged to support the claims of this apparent non-person, who does not appear to work at the contact address given on her witness statement.

It is interesting that while counsel for Indigo was allowed to introduce unsubstantiated allegations against Mr Wilkie, Mr Wilkie himself was allowed no right of reply, and was given the choice of either shutting up, or leaving the courtroom. Mr Wilkie chose to leave.

This is not the only controversial event in a large parking case. Who can forget the hearing of ParkingEye v Beavis, when their counsel was not available. A mysterious hoax phone call caused the first hearing to be cancelled, and in the next hearing their counsel was free to attend.
    "

Having read the transcript of the costs part of the hearing, I was absolutely appalled by apparent lack of ability of Mr Beavis who appeared to be working for the Claimant, agreeing with unreasonable conduct in defending the claim on apparently points which had been pre-agreed to explore for the 3 - day trial.

He practically handed the costs against the Defendants, failing to correct the judge on a number of points or raise issue as to why the Claimant did not raise relevant points at the time during the trial or why the judge was permitting these without any redress from Mr Wilkie or any formal Witness Statement of those involved.

Additionally,No attempt was made by him to argue for example against unreasonable conduct citing relevant case law

AFTER ALL the defence points used appear to run day in and day out with success in other small claims and are surely legitimate tactics open to Defendants to defend any claim.
  • Ryandavis1959
    Options
    The way I see it is PPA is a great service for many people, why the regulars have an issue with it is beyond me. They have done more to help people save money than any other parking service out there, other than maybe the excellent groups on Facebook.

We are all on the same team but that said, a few of the people who post on here do not seem to have best interest of new posters at heart (eg advising all Scottish people to ignore PCN’s including Carly Mackie, and not telling new posters who weren’t driving to name the driver to remove all liability, instead sending them on a wild goose chase when they could remove liability immediately with a simple letter to the scum parking firm) therefore it does not surprise me that there is some intense jealousy at the success of PPA from people here who are not as commercially savvy as the PPA team.

Well done PPA, keep up the good work. I see your services recommended often through Facebook so you are clearly doing something right! Ignore the haters who are jealous of your success.
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 January 2018 at 12:30AM
    Options
    (eg advising all Scottish people to ignore PCN’s including Carly Mackie, and not telling new posters who weren’t driving to name the driver to remove all liability,.

You really must stop misleading people with your posts ?

Carly never came here, if she did, doubt she would have
    declared bankruptcy .

That's what happens folks if you name the driver in Scotland,
    you will end up like Carly ..... in the sheriffs court

For the rest of the UK, as Martin Lewis says ..... you do not
    need a claims type company when it's easy to do it yourself
    and it's 100% free on this forum

For anyone who has paid money to any company and NOT
    received the service, report them to Trading Standards
  • bergkamp
    bergkamp Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 January 2018 at 12:29AM
    Options
    'Ryan ' ... ^ :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: ^
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 January 2018 at 2:01AM
    Options
    The way I see it...
    What's your opinion of the Trust Pilot page?

A mysterious hoax phone call caused the first hearing to be cancelled
    Some regulars know re the hoax phone call, someone took the mickey and wasted everyone's time.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    the people who post on here do not seem to have best interest of new posters at heart ..... not telling new posters who weren’t driving to name the driver to remove all liability.......
    This is such bad advice. The poster looks to have an axe to grind on behalf of the ppcs!

Please ignore the "advice".
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    it is beyond me.
    Most things are, RD...... Don't stress your head about it, chief. Don't want you bursting any blood vessels.

Now we've all had a good laugh at your silly comment so off you toddle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure