Egg Money migration...or not....

Options

Comments

• trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 September 2012 at 12:32PM
    Options
    i just completed the Migration form, had a few issues choosing a username and password suitable for YBS, but now i am away. Disappointed however, I can not see any of my other external accounts which I could with egg.com.

I see from above first direct have a simular system in place, does anyone bank with first direct and can you see your external bank accounts with them???? this system is much easier than constantly having to log into each bank/building society website, i hope someone can offer more info on first direct???????
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • schnide
    schnide Posts: 129 Forumite
    edited 24 September 2012 at 12:32PM
    Options
    innovate wrote: »
    I have decided to use AccountUnity as the replacement for my EMM - they are the developers of the application, anyway.

As the only reason I'd have the account would be for the MMI think I will close my YBS account as soon as they let me actually register.

Amen to that, me too. The only reason I kept my Egg account these past few years was to take advantage of the EMM every day.

I do wonder though - is saving login details to the registry the safest idea in the world? Previously, the EMM had a 'password safe'.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    .....Will bring up internal accounts but no external accounts.
    .... I can not see any of my other external accounts which I could with egg.com.

I have a nasty feeling that whatever replacement for EMM you decide to use, you'll have to enter all your login details again.
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    schnide wrote: »
    I do wonder though - is saving login details to the registry the safest idea in the world? Previously, the EMM had a 'password safe'.

Good point- I don't know, and the Help doesn't seem to be much help. May be the First Direct version is safer, didn't know they have one, too
  • pinball13
    Options
    Has anyone got the money manager to work? The ybs site is incredibly slow and it would be nice to know if it is worth persevering.
  • trinidadone
    Options
    I have a nasty feeling that whatever replacement for EMM you decide to use, you'll have to enter all your login details again.

well if i need to re register my accounts as a one off again, tgen i will have to do it. i just want a bank or building society to apply to, so i can get that system back
  • Havent_Got
    Havent_Got Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 24 September 2012 at 12:53PM
    Options

The ybs website is running very slow so should work better when everyone has finished registering.

Using IE9 I can see my ybs accounts but not the external ones I used to see in egg money manager.

A search on the ybs site shows:

"Q: How do I add an account to Money Manager?

To add an account to Money Manager simply log in to your account, click 'Edit' in the 'External accounts' section, select the organisation you want to add an account to and follow the instructions."

At the moment the "external accounts" section is not visible on the screen but hopefully will appear when things have settled down.

I suggest you take a look late on tonight.
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Review/comments about the First Direct money manager: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=960163&page=2

Looks good
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Not impressed. Egg had an old phone number so had to ring YBS up. They allegedly have changed but it remains the old one when I try to register. So still can't register - only got a quid it anyway and just used it for the Money Manager account aggregation which doesn't appear to be up and running anyway.

Think I'll just forget YBS and register with Account Unity aggregation service direct.
  • trinidadone
    Options
    Havent_Got wrote: »
    The ybs website is running very slow so should work better when everyone has finished registering.

Using IE9 I can see my ybs accounts but not the external ones I used to see in egg money manager.

A search on the ybs site shows:

"Q: How do I add an account to Money Manager?

To add an account to Money Manager simply log in to your account, click 'Edit' in the 'External accounts' section, select the organisation you want to add an account to and follow the instructions."

At the moment the "external accounts" section is not visible on the screen but hopefully will appear when things have settled down.

I suggest you take a look late on tonight.

Hello Havent Got,

this is very helpful to know, so YBS DOES have money manager then???? i will wait a day or so, and register my other external accounts, thankyou,m this was very helpful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport