Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Jpc1980
    Jpc1980 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Jpc1980 wrote: »
    First time poster - currently trying to secure a Nationwide mortgage on a new build / Help to Buy property!!

4/3 - put our house up for sale
    12/3 - Had an acceptable offer - but put them on hold until we found somewhere we liked
    16/3 - found a newbuild that we could afford with Help to Buy
    17/3 - spoke to Mortgage Advisor who took all our details and identified Nationwide as a potential lender
    19/3 - Told we had AIP with Nationwide
    19/3 - we accepted offer on our house and had offer accepted on new house
    21/3 - completed HTB forms online/over phone
    24/3 - HTB Equity Loan agreed and paperwork received
    25/3 - completed Full Mortgage application, and sent off
    26/3 - Text from Nationwide to say application received
    27/3 - Text from Nationwide to say Valuation has been booked on the 27/3 (the same day so not sure if that's the date it had been booked - or that was the date has been booked for - the former presumably)
    1/4 - Mortgage Advisor emails to ask us to send through evidence of a) my previous 2 years bonuses from work, b) current mortgage redemption figure and c) last months bank statement showing my salary being paid in. Sent this off tonight

Not sure what to expect next - I am gloomy at the best of times so fully expecting something to go horribly wrong - but does everything seem on track for a decision in the next couple of weeks do you think?

Latest is that our valuation/survey was carried out today according to our developer, and then had a text from NW confirming that they were waiting for a copy of the report.

Meanwhile the broker got in touch and told me that the mortgage statement I sent through last night was not in an acceptable format for NW. Didn't have access to a scanner at the time, so took photos of the statements, converted all 5 pages in to 1 PDF but the brokers administrator isn't having any of it! Will get it scanned and sent over tonight - but presumably it will be sat in their inbox until Tuesday now rather frustratingly.

See what next week brings!!
  • snudge01
    snudge01 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can anybody confirm that the term "I have escalated the case for offer" from the mortgage company to my broker is a verbal offer or are there still hurdles to jump? Maybe best suited for a broker to answer please.
  • Kryptothesuperdog
    Options
    Just to update, completed and got keys on Tuesday. Just over 2 months from application. Could have been earlier buy seller held things up. Still feel like my reality and dreams have somehow been reversed.
  • Lilhobo
    Lilhobo Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Valuation instructed! Very happy that things seem to be moving on.
  • Vok_2
    Vok_2 Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    07/04/15 - Valuation instructed too. woohooo, I am over the moon.
  • hohum
    hohum Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hohum wrote: »
    I can bear to update on this thread now...New application to Accord submitted last week. Fee for valuation and the application fee taken today. Here's hoping for a more simple process than last time.

Valuation carried out today..we've got further than last time!
  • dats
    dats Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The valuers are busy - ours is happening this week, too! :D
  • pl6pilgrim
    pl6pilgrim Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Likewise. Ours was done this morning. Judging by other timelines, fingers crossed tomorrow may be a big day for us.
  • djedga
    djedga Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    No updates from me today :( Valuation was done on 31/3 and home buyers report received 1/4. Hopefully it's just bank holiday getting in the way that's slowed it up by a day or so.
  • stalkah
    stalkah Posts: 227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mortgage offer papers came in the post today :) so guess I should head to the waiting to exchange thread
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback