Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You will be able to move out. We are all stressing aren't we. I am sure we will get there in the end.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    I found it was always a juggling act when you are a single parent moving money around and waiting for the child benefit and tax credits and maintenance. Then they leave college and the money stops ! Luckily my DS got a job and I increased my hours, but money is still tight. I'[m sure you and KW will find a way to be together soon x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    edited 23 August 2017 at 10:58PM
    Options
    Today was a bit of stressy, eat too much, spend a bit of money I don't have kind of day (probably a maximum of £25 but it felt like more as I was spending it), but then it turned lovelier - as I decided to leave school when the fabulous cleaners started deep cleaning my classroom, and messaged KW to see if he fancied going for a drink, as he finishes work a few days a week at 1:30, a few miles away from my school.

Thankfully he was delighted to see me :) We went for a cheapie lunch in the garden of a pub near his work and he helped me put the world to rights. Bless him!

I worry that I'm burdening him too much at the moment with my anxieties about home life etc, but he assures me that we just need to keep going, keep looking for a place and it will turn up at the right time.

After all, we met at the right time, so it's surely all just meant to be....:)
  • Kittikins
    Options
    I've just realised I'm still waiting for the £100 deposit to come back from my holiday rental, so that, along with my maintenance from ex when it finally turns up, will nearly repay my borrowed savings. Phew!

No other financial shenanigans, but I need to have some money about me today as I'm taking DD and her chum out again.
  • Kittikins
    edited 24 August 2017 at 10:10PM
    Options
    19p in coppers to our holiday arcade on the pier fund - the best type of gambling, take a couple of pounds' worth of coppers to an arcade and do the tipping games :)

A £2 coin into the jar - yay! DD has suggested I put it into the bank when I get to £100, will have to find yet another reasonably high paying interest account though, this is important money for our future!!

Spent £6 whilst out with DD and her friend at a Total Wipeout water assault course type place. They had a whale of a time, but I did need to hire a wetsuit for DD and get them hot chocolate and cake afterwards, as they were freezing, bless them :)

Friend's mum gave me £20 towards the days out I've taken them on, I feel a bit guilty accepting it, but have done so graciously on this occasion.

The £100 deposit from our holiday has come back and has been transferred back where it belongs, in my car maintenance fund. Phew! That's a relief...

I've also sent back 3 of the 4 pairs of boots that I ordered, so my credit card will thank me for that, as I'll only have spent £38.40 rather than £150!
  • Kittikins
    Options
    92p moved to online savings - (note to self - Sant = £57/£12,103.76)
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,569 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 August 2017 at 5:39PM
    Options
    Well done to DD's friend for helping out with the cost and good on you for accepting KK kids are not cheap and some parents would just let you pay.

You have done really well sending back the boots and paying back the £100 into the car fund.

When does KW "meet the parents" ? hope it all goes well. Have a lovely bank holiday weekend x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Gulp, it's tomorrow! He's now coming to our house and poor lamb, he's very nervous :)

Have spent money (again), not sure yet how much, but it's mainly been useful/needed things, rather than frittering. We "needed" to sample 3 different fruity ciders last night, for example.....

We had to celebrate, as "we" (him really) have been allocated an allotment near his flat :) I'm so happy, he put himself on the list only in February, so we weren't expecting anything for years and years, but he had noticed that there were quite a few derelict looking allotments. We can't wait to find out where it is for definite and what we're allowed to put on it - chickens?!? a shed?!? He works part-time as a gardener, so at least he's used to working hard, and I'm really good at sitting back and enjoying the view. I'm hoping there'll be a wifi connection nearby (don't laugh, it is in a very urban area), so I can do work there when the weather's fine.

As he's in a tiny flat with no outdoor space of its own, we're hoping that as well as growing lots of lovely fruit and veggies, we'll also use it as a relaxing space.

60p into the Marmite jar when I got back this morning. Ex has paid his maintenance, so £165 into the car fund. Phew! Just £1.31 to go to fully repay what I borrowed, but I may 'forget' about that....
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Hoorah, just redeemed £5 of points from doing online surveys to my Paypal account. Am going to put my final £5 cash into the Marmite jar. Very happy about that :)
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck in meeting between KW and parents. I am sure it will be fine. Well done on extra paypal money. An allotment sounds good it will be relaxing hopefully and help you to get away from stress and a place to escape to.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport