IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Picking up children and got a postal fine

Options

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    so that would prove to be very interesting in every case that Smart bring in England

2015 , tickets issued 258,045 court claims NONE
    2016 tickets issued 254508 , can you guess? ok its NONE

which cases in england?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    r_annie_c wrote: »
    Would that be the reason then why they haven't yet brought a case to court??

doubt it but pappa raises a good point so bear with it, an answer will be forthcoming
  • beamerguy
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    2015 , tickets issued 258,045 court claims NONE
    2016 tickets issued 254508 , can you guess? ok its NONE

which cases in england?

I know, so do your detective work pappa as to what a company registered in Scotland can do in England and Wales
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dout or not , check the MCOL website and see of your "auntie" in sunny scootland can start a County court claim for a person in england /wales , yes it can be done but the paperwork and costs are more excessive than the figure written on the origional ticket , and costs incurred before the MCOL are not allowed to be passed on
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    dout or not , check the MCOL website and see of your "auntie" in sunny scootland can start a County court claim for a person in england /wales , yes it can be done but the paperwork and costs are more excessive than the figure written on the origional ticket , and costs incurred before the MCOL are not allowed to be passed on

Where a company is registered means little, they work out of a English address

registration address is 5, South Inch Business Centre, Perth, Perthshire, Scotland, PH2 8BW

The ultimate parent company in the UK is Smart Parking (UK) Limited, also registered in the UK registered number SC413479.
    Smart Parking Ltd
    Unit 43, Elmdon Trading Estate
    Bickenhill Lane
    Birmingham
    B37 7HE

so they can
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    yes and they are as a company registered in scootland and australia and new zeland etc etc , but as a COMPANY their address with companies house is in scootland no England

Registered office address
    5 South Inch Business Centre, Shore Road, Perth, Perth And Kinross, PH2 8BW

as a company that is with the BPA they would have to issue a county court clain in their own name and correct postal address (as per company house) , and thats in scootland not a forwarding address in england .

there is as such no county court in scootland , and a person/company attempting a claim in england would have to be registered (with comp;anies house ) as an english company
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • r_annie_c
    Options
    Hi, due to my nan passing away I didn't use my popla code and have received 2 red letters and now a threat letter from scs law, but they have stated that my contravention is displaying an expired ticket and being asked to pay £155. My actual pcn was for being in the carpark for 16mins and not purchasing a ticket. So it seems like I've got two different charges?? I'm not sure what to do about this. Can anyone advise me please.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    You must not side with scammers.

or bilkers
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 March 2017 at 4:46PM
    Options
    is a bi(l)ker a BIKER with "l" plates?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 16 March 2017 at 5:20PM
    Options
    No PG, a Bilker is a person who parks on private land where there is a charge for doing so, but drives off without paying.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure