PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• RavenQueen
    Options
    Well today we've had a viewing and an OFFER!!!! it's a little lower than what we wanted but we've been on the market nearly 12 month's now so we've accepted it!!! ������ just hope everything goes smoothly. She's a FTB so we aren't in any chains and she wants in asap. Fingers crossed this is it!!
  • Cath_Ster
    Options
    Brilliant news RavenQueen! hope it all goes smoothly for you.

No further luck here, the people that offered on our house when we first went on the market ended up buying another property which fell through so they came back to us early this week for another viewing. Not heard anything since so convinced they are just wasting our time.:mad:

Really wish that we had never seen this house we love, as it is a kick in the teeth every day that we have a viewing that comes to nothing. Wish we could just accept we won't get the house but while it's also still on the market we keep picturing ourselves there, argh!

Don't know what more we can do, we average about 1 viewing a week - is that good or bad?
  • RavenQueen
    Options
    Cath having 1 viewing a week is bloody good!!! We've hardly had any and when we've had viewings booked in half the time they haven't turned up. We've had so many no shows it's been unbelievable. We had a viewing on Sat by our other EA but they haven't bothered to call and give feedback and my week has been a nightmare and I just think why should I keep ringing you all the time!!!!

Have the other people put an offer in or did they just come for a wander around again? Have you dropped the price?
  • fudge7000
    Options
    Congrats Ravenqueen!

I think I take back my initial comments about it being a pain keeping the house tidy, it was much easier than packing...!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • RavenQueen
    Options
    Awww thank you Fudge I just hope it's all good. Truthfully I can't wait for packing, it's another excuse for a mass clear out
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Raven Queen Bravo!
  • 9ja4life
    9ja4life Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats RavenQueen! Hope it goes very smoothly! We've had an offer. Turned it down as it's still a little low. It's been on the market for less than a week. More viewings this weekend. Fingers, toes and everything crossed for everybody
  • Sus59
    Sus59 Posts: 73 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations RavenQueen.
    We have sacked our agent and are preparing to go on the market with a different one (might lower the price a bit too). Going to see new agent on Tuesday, want to hear their advice on whether to market now or to wait till after Christmas.
  • Ragtimeplayer
    Options
    Well, what a palaver!
    Had an offer of £82,000 by two different buyers on the same day!
    Took the first bid and then she messed us about for a full week, didn't even input her solicitor details or give the Ea her mortgage in principle stuff either. Today, she withdrew! should have known really.
    Anyway, got back in touch with the other buyer who also bid £82,000 and she confirmed the same offer and we have now sold, yippee!
    Also, went to look at a house today and we have fallen in love with it, made an offer and had it accepted, so very very very happy :)
    Stopped smoking Jan 2007 after 23 years!
    Cigarettes NOT smoked = 240,945
    Smoke free days = 11 Years :T
    Cash saved so far = £125,45,11
  • rubywhatashmoo
    Options
    Joining in the waiting game with everybody else :D

We listed our house last week - had three viewings booked and all have cancelled before their appointments so pretty disheartened already! Not a great time of year to be selling but hey ho we'll see what happens in the next few weeks and months. At least there's no mega rush for me to get my paperwork sorted out for the solicitors :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback