Maximising income - Mystery Shopping? Surveys? (Part Two)

Options

Comments

• Merry1
    Merry1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I'm new to the notion of registering to be a mystery shopper and am nervous of signing on with companies who need your bank details before you can even register. Should I be? I'm presuming that the 'recommended' companies are legit judging from the posts but still I worry.....................:confused:
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Nothing to be worried about. YOu are only giving them the same info as appears on any cheque you write, you're not giving them anything risky. And I haven't contacted every single company listed on this thread, but can vouch for TNS, Gap, Retail Eyes, 24/7, Bare. :D
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Dormouse
    Dormouse Posts: 5,617 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Merry1 wrote: »
    I'm new to the notion of registering to be a mystery shopper and am nervous of signing on with companies who need your bank details before you can even register. Should I be? I'm presuming that the 'recommended' companies are legit judging from the posts but still I worry.....................:confused:
    You're very right to be cautious when it comes to giving out this sort of information on the net, but the good news is all the companies in the first post are fully legitimate and most of us are registered with them all and have been paid. As you can see from the posts, there's a lot of people here who work for them, so no reason to worry - although I can where you are coming from. :)

Good luck :)
  • Timmne
    Timmne Posts: 2,555 Forumite
    Options
    Merry1 wrote: »

Just one tip though Merry before you embark on registering....

GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!! I bet a free trip to a rubbish restaurant that within 2 months you'll have become neurotic and obsessed with MSing and you'll find that the first thing you do in the morning is check your emails and phone messages!

You will also begin to tut when you're eating out at a totally unconnected restaurant and the service is poor - also you'll start asking sales people really random questions out of habit. This is all not to mention the compulsive liar MSing makes you! My mum must have had about 25 birthdays recently where I've needed to buy her an expensive watch/phone/flowers/earrings!
  • ilean
    ilean Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    Looking for shoppers with excel to do bar visits in:

BRIGHTON
    DURHAM
    IPSWICH
    MIDDLESBROUGH
    NEWQUAY
    OXFORD
    SALISBURY
    SWINDON
    Sunderland

Thanks
    Please email with your age and area

Thanks
    [EMAIL="Eflaherty1@yahoo.co.uk"]Eflaherty1@yahoo.co.uk[/EMAIL]
  • Merry1
    Merry1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Thank you all for replying and with an encouraging, generally positive tone....I need to do as much as I can outside my full-time job to pay off my debts. I'm not a compulsive liar but I am a hard worker and I check my email several times a day anyway so I think that's the least of my worries. The primary one, the motivation is debt! .................... Thanks again!
  • newmoneysaver_2
    newmoneysaver_2 Posts: 2,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    caroleannclark,Yes, Gap are annoying. It takes an age to get any reply from them and their system is so frustrating, but it's just one of those things :confused:

I think you have a set number of jobs for your first few months.

I would reccomend that you delete the client names from your post!
  • josie
    josie Posts: 3,106 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Talking about Gapbuster, can anyone remember what the bonus payment was for, for June?

I seem to remember you had to complete 6 assignments in June to qualify, but can't remember how much it was for and I want to check I get paid it next week!

It's a pity they don't give you the option to be "paid" in vouchers like some survey companies and then we wouldn't need to bother with tax at all for these jobs!

TIA
  • Tues-Onward
    Tues-Onward Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I did sooo many of these survey for money...advertisement e-mails in your inbox for money...freebie sites for money.

Although they helped greatly in paying for university tuition...in the end i found that getting a steady job at the university was much less work and paid better =P...aside from the fact that I could still do surveys and e-mail ads while at work....eeek addicting!
    No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3
  • TractorGirl327
    TractorGirl327 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    caroleannclark,Yes, Gap are annoying. It takes an age to get any reply from them and their system is so frustrating, but it's just one of those things :confused:

I think you have a set number of jobs for your first few months.

I would reccomend that you delete the client names from your post!

Thank you , I've just amended my post and deleted the clients names :whoops:

I've had an email from them today im reply to an enquiry I submitted in the middle of last week :T

So maybe the not-being-able-to-assign-anything scenario will be sorted out in the next day or 2 as well.

I'm having to step down a gear as the kids are on holiday but it's still annoying not being able to select the few I can do!
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure