Last Minute.com - no mention of connecting flight

Options

Comments

• budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    So, Lastminute.com now join the ever growing list of crooks masquerading as businesses with once reputable names.
    Its like the "wild west" out there.
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    Murphy_The_Cat Posts: 20,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you do any research before booking?
    The departure/arrival times show a travel time of 15+ hours, a non-stop flight is around 11 hours.

(If the link works) the flight description on the lastminute is inaccurate
    its shows it as zero stops -- even when you click on deatils, the stop/extra flight doesn't appear.
    shonky work from lastminute.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is this really such a big deal?

The web page shows the departure and arrival times accurately: most people worry about when they have to leave, and how much of the day is left after they arrive, rather than what happens between those two points.

I complain a LOT, but this is one that I would chalk up to experience as a minor annoyance.
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    Murphy_The_Cat Posts: 20,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

If it was me, I'd be miffed about the PITA of taking a connection that I didn't plan to do. (and make a note to be much more thorough next time)

If I was the OP and had paid EXTRA in the belief that I was getting a hassle free direct flight, I'd be more discombobulated.
  • Jakie123Jakie123
    Options

The web page shows the departure and arrival times accurately: most people worry about when they have to leave, and how much of the day is left after they arrive, rather than what happens between those two points.

I complain a LOT, but this is one that I would chalk up to experience as a minor annoyance.

When you're on a long haul flight you just want to get there without the additional hassle of a stop and a three hour wait. That's why I searched for direct flights (or so I thought)! I still feel like they have mis-sold the deal despite the departure and arrival times being accurate.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 August 2016 at 8:56PM
    Options
    When you're on a long haul flight you just want to get there without the additional hassle of a stop and a three hour wait. That's why I searched for direct flights (or so I thought)! I still feel like they have mis-sold the deal despite the departure and arrival times being accurate.

If I was you I'd get all evidence you can of the flight being advertised with no stops and keep it. That includes your booking references, but also all the stuff on this thread which shows they still advertise it as non stop.

Then complain. And see what they do and if you can come to an agreement.

If you end up in a stalemate my next suggestion would be to report them to an industry body (such as ABTA or TTA) but from their website they don't mention they are a member of any trade organisations. So perhaps the trading standards office nearest their UK address of you still feel strongly enough...

EDIT: It actually seems they are ABTA members. They don't make it obvious but it's in their T&Cs. And ABTA list both lastminute.com and the parent group LMNext as members https://abta.com/find-a-member/results?term=E7760#results
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 August 2016 at 9:58PM
    Options
    Lastminute also have

Wed 28 September

London Heathrow
    Technical stop
    Terminal: 3
    American Airlines - AA0109
    12:15
    Honolulu International
    Terminal: M
    22:43

Also this isn't a technical stop.

14h 55m
    Wed 28 September

London Heathrow
    Technical stop
    Terminal: 3
    American Airlines - AA0051
    09:30
    Saint Louis Lambert
    Terminal: 1
    18:25
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 26 August 2016 at 7:00AM
    Options

honestly I dont think it is such a big deal , I do think it is bad service from lastminute and it is another site on my do not use list

I fly to Vegas most years and sometimes choose a connecting flight.

again IMO if you had wanted a non stop flight you could have checked the flight times, that would have alerted you.

with the 3 hour stop you will clear border control in Philly and then land at the domestic terminal in Vegas meaning you may save and hour or more queueing there as you can walk straight out of the airport.

as a side note which hotel have the switched you from and to
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bagand96 wrote: »
    If I was you I'd get all evidence you can of the flight being advertised with no stops and keep it. That includes your booking references, but also all the stuff on this thread which shows they still advertise it as non stop.

Then complain. And see what they do and if you can come to an agreement.

If you end up in a stalemate my next suggestion would be to report them to an industry body (such as ABTA or TTA) but from their website they don't mention they are a member of any trade organisations. So perhaps the trading standards office nearest their UK address of you still feel strongly enough...

EDIT: It actually seems they are ABTA members. They don't make it obvious but it's in their T&Cs. And ABTA list both lastminute.com and the parent group LMNext as members https://abta.com/find-a-member/results?term=E7760#results

This approach might get him an apology. However, there have been plenty of posts from people who, when given a choice of flights at booking, paid more for a more desirable option (eg convenient travel times); then found that they were transferred to the less desirable flight; and could not even get a refund of the 'extra' that they had paid for nothing! In this case, I fear that even if the complaint succeeded, the cash value of compensation would be a big fat zero.
  • Jakie123Jakie123
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    honestly I dont think it is such a big deal , I do think it is bad service from lastminute and it is another site on my do not use list

I fly to Vegas most years and sometimes choose a connecting flight.

again IMO if you had wanted a non stop flight you could have checked the flight times, that would have alerted you.

with the 3 hour stop you will clear border control in Philly and then land at the domestic terminal in Vegas meaning you may save and hour or more queueing there as you can walk straight out of the airport.

as a side note which hotel have the switched you from and to

We were in the Venetian and they came back and said Trump hotel. I refused this option so they came back with Bellagio which I accepted. Would have preferred Venetian but can't grumble too much!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure