PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th October 2017

Options

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have jammed. It eventually turned into caramel apple jellysauce. Smells deelish and tastes yum. Have one big and 3 small jars. Still got half a bag of apples left. Need more recipes (and jars).

Have been clearing DR. Box of toy cars going to a friend tomorrow and a curtain pole being collected later. Two other bags ready for chazzer. I’m determined to clear it. I’ve been reading about sunk costs to steel myself ;)

Cleaned kitchen splatters, wiped out kids lunch boxes and I really need to make butties for tomorrow. Actually, I have a salad so it’s just for them...

Then I’ll get changed before we go out!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Afternoon all :wave:

I'm still gutting the house in an attempt to make it habitable enough to move back into at the end of the month. Valli x

HANG ON! House, end of the month = no more caravan! Really? That is amazing news, so pleased for you, especially with winter coming. We need to raise a little toast to you on moving in day.

Hope you enjoy the meal Bossy.

Tired. BUT I went to the gym first thing before the madness of work. Went to the shops then Li@l then home to crack on with more paid stuff. DH is painting, its too wet for him to work and DS1 is home early because his boss also sent him home - its grim out there. He is supposed to be doing some coursework.

So I am hoping someone else can take care of tea while I earn us some money.

I dont really do the boys rooms, they are big enough to do their own but I will have a little tidy and gather up some laundry later.

But first there is work to be done.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Narco (((HUGS))) I don't know what to say, hun. :(
    pigpen wrote: »
    There isn't a 'cut-off' it just feels wrong for me.. I'm delighted for everyone else who finds happiness.. maybe I'm just jealous too lol
    That's how I am about having children - I'm delighted for anyone who wants a child who has one, but it's just not for me. :o
    But to hear some people, they either assume that I couldn't have had them, or else that I'm some sort of monster (maybe I am!!)

Big fat fail today - apart from seeing to the doglets' needs, of course. I'm afraid the lupus has knocked me sideways yet again. :(
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    DD after school sports club was cancelled due to rain so we are all tucked up on the sofa, they have their tablets and I'm watching an old episode of Friends :)

It's grey here so we will all be putting pjs on soon.

YL - your post from yesterday about feeling adrift & how fragile things are really resonated with me. It's how I often feel, which is sad.

Dizzy - keep on keeping on love, you're sooooo close now you must be delighted xx

Have lovely evenings all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Exciting times, Dizzy!

Feel better soon vibes for LW. Damn that lupus. And of course you haven't failed, as the doglets will be more than happy with you being there.

Well I didn't quite catch up on the lists, but I did dust and vac the bedrooms, landing and stairs. I even got carried away and pulled out a couple of bits of furniture to clean behind before I saw sense and just did the bits I could easily reach.

Planning meeting ticked off, DD met, but she wanted to come home. I dragged her for a quick shop because I had a voucher and there were things we needed :money:, then we came home as DH is going to take her to the school meeting this evening. And I can go volunteering, which I was quite looking forward to missing for a change. Never mind, at least I don't have to go far.

Dinner prepped ready for whoever gets home first to put in the oven. You would think it was rocket science the number of times I have had to explain....turn oven on, shove ready prepped tray in....:wall:
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    I'm back from work, there was actually a clean mug for my first cup of tea (I won't drink the stuff at work because we're too stupid to be trusted with kettles and real boiling water, so have those boiler thingies on the wall that spit steam and drip everywhere, just because they heat water to a temperature too low to make palatable tea, as that's apparently 'safer') and the house is peaceful.

He's locked away in a recording studio somewhere in London since 10am and will be there until stupid o'clock, which means I have only myself to please/feed/entertain.

Dumped the blob of meat related product in the cats' bowls, put the kettle on and, rather than doing anything useful here, I think I might grab my gym bag and trundle off down there for the evening, finishing off with the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi before walking back just as Wait rose have put their YS goods on the shelves. Which means I should have a decent lunch tomorrow.

Today's offerings were pitiful. A sandwich bag of celery and carrots, followed by a 'Simple Salad' bowl from Mr T, which translates as the peelings from cabbage, lettuce, carrot and 0.057 of a red pepper with no protein, fat, dressing - or flavour, apparently.

I will also, assuming I can find a clean plate and a pan, have something nice for dinner when I get back. I reckon I've got about 7,500kcals going spare from the last week, so I don't think I need to worry about whether it's particularly healthy or virtuous tonight. :)
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hugs all round
    Daily stuff done
    Work done
    HM curry made and eaten
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,781 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My steam cleaner is home :happyhear:happyhear:happyhear
    It was delivered to work.
    My colleagues are much amused by my delight in it!
    I've also had a very tricky phone call...boss much amused by my controlled anger and absolute denial of cashing the cheque and my accusation against the bank staff because if someone's had it away with the PTA money it has to have been someone at their end.

Now marking or steam mopping.?
    :rotfl::p

I've had curry too, with SW curry sauce, mushrooms and leftover chicken. Nyom
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Wait rose's YS quota wasn't too impressive tonight.

So within ten minutes of getting back, I have had

Lime and chilli squid (intended for 2 people)
    A massive pack of sushi (intended for 2 people)

and a Goats' cheese and beetroot wrap. (intended for 1 person who hasn't already inhaled 4 so called servings of food). :cool:

I'm still hungry. The turkey pieces that were intended for tomorrow's lunch along with a stupidly virtuous salad involving kale, spinach and suchlike are beginning to call to me from the kitchen.

Maybe I should have just gone to the chip shop?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Sorry to hear your news Narco.

And Valli I love new household gadgets.

DS2 has a really bad stomach bug, poor love. Hoping it doesn't go around us all. I am in bed, 15 minutes reading and I will be asleep.

atb you know the worst of it? The better things get for DS1 the more I worry that it will all go wrong.

Sorry, random, brain fuddled post. Time to put this away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure