Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lovely to see you posting Indie sounds like you are having a busy old time!

Re Wayne Sugarbaby can I quote dear old Del Boy and say what a 42 carat plonker he really is! :rotfl:

Another one here who creams her feet before bedtime, only with the hand cream that sits in my bedside cabinet but do my hands & feet before swinging my legs into bed, only way I can remember.
    Nursing a bit of a cold here so wrapped up warm in fleece and leggings sipping on a hot honey and lemon, most chores are up to date so will have a bit of me time.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,591 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I know you're right chanie and Lainey. the chiropodist said that the best time was night time as when we're at rest our bodies can focus on repair. But the morning has to be better than nothing and I recall that creams can soak in well after a shower. I think I'll put some cream by my bed to see if I can remember that too. Who knows I might get in twice a day!:D

Hope you feel better soon Lainey. I don't want to tempt fate but DH has had a cold/cough for weeks and is amazed that I haven't caught it from him.

Glad you're looking forward to some 'me' time on Friday chanie. Do let us know if your online buys will be keepers.:)
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »

Glad you're looking forward to some 'me' time on Friday chanie. Do let us know if your online buys will be keepers.:)

I have signed up to a scheme where if I buy stuff online, the children’s school gets a donation, so I’ve been doing a lot of click and connect purchases recently, even when items may be in store. But I quite like click and connect as it guarantees me the item, particularly as I only have Fridays for kinda runnng around.

Most of my purchases are presents, so I doubt I’ll be returning anything. I have 90% keep rate for online purchases and because I know what suits me.
  • Tiggger
    Tiggger Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ladies,
    having failed to get on the circulation list for information about the proposed London meet-up next week may I ask if it going ahead? I know there was talk of postponing it because Lessons Learned wasn't able to attend but I'm unsure of the final decision. Please could someone update me, by PM if you prefer.

Many thanks!
  • maman
    Options
    Tiggger wrote: »
    Ladies,
    having failed to get on the circulation list for information about the proposed London meet-up next week may I ask if it going ahead? I know there was talk of postponing it because Lessons Learned wasn't able to attend but I'm unsure of the final decision. Please could someone update me, by PM if you prefer.

Many thanks!

Sorry tigger. You're right, we decided to postpone until LL was feeling fit enough to travel. Fortunately she's now much better and has gone on a short cruise. We'll, no doubt, talk about it again when she gets back. Watch this space! 😃

How are things with you.?
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Wayne is history. It was not worth trying to maintain any kind of friendship with him. I have too many demands on my time as it is without wasting any more time on him. :cool:

Take today. I had 3 loads of laundry to get done before I went to work. Then when my Tesco shopping was delivered, I realised I had bought too much fresh chicken to put into my ultra small freezer space. I then had to cut a whole chicken into pieces and remove the skin and remove the skin from a kilo of chicken drumsticks and season all of the chicken. Then I had to cook the 2 trays of chicken, in between getting the wet washing tumble dried. Then after lunch, I had a lovely relaxing, pampering bath and got myself ready for work.

I was having chest pains throughout the morning, even though I had taken my pain killers, but being ultra busy not only gets the housework done, it distracts me from the pain.I continued to have chest pains at work as well, but I just got on with it.

We had a new male cleaner start work on Friday and he only went and quit today! :rotfl: We are all shocked. Apparently he felt that the work was not right for him, but I think he was just work-shy. Some people just do not see any value in working. :p

Chanie I hope you have a really enjoyable Friday. :)
  • Tiggger
    Tiggger Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Maman for the update about the meet-up. Hopefully we can re-schedule soon.

Things are busy here at the moment, so not as much fabbing as I’d like but I did have my nails done yesterday with gel polish. I also have a beauty appointment on Monday for my brows so next week starts well on the fabbing front!

I’m struggling to find ‘skinny’ black work trousers to go with a lovely new tunic that I’ve purchased, I’ve always bought them in a longer length from Planet and Wallis but Planet is no more and Wallis seem to have stopped their tall range. Any ideas people?
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sugar although you are busy, you are productive and get a lot done. Pleased to see that you got to have a nice soak in the bath.

My ‘me’ day was busy, but in a nice way. I was going to treat myself to a nice lunch, but thought breakfast would be easier, so I went to Ikea and had fry up for £2.30. I went to town after and picked up my various orders. Luckily, they are all keepers. I then went to Costco to buy DD something for her new bedroom.

OH told me that he also bought DD the same item and we missed each other at Costco by 20 minutes. I had asked OH to get the item, but he’s had a bug, so hasn’t been feeling well this week. I totally forgot about the item until I was in town, so whilst I was out, I decided to pick it up myself as they only had a few in stock.

As my breakfast was so cheap, I decided to treat myself to a bath bomb whilst in town so by the time I’d got back home and had my soak, it was time to pick up the children.

Progress on the children’s room stalled last week, but that was due to being busy and needing a lazy weekend. Luckily, it isn’t a big job and all that’s left to do is finishing off some glossing and paint the walls. Then it’s about making the room nice for DS, with shelves, curtains and bedding.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I went to Reggaeoke last night and had a really enjoyable evening. :D I even got up enough courage to get up on stage and sing Tease Me by Chaka Demus and Pliers. It is not an easy song to sing on your own but I was glad that I gave it a try. Even though I sing at Karaoke in a pub quite often, this is a bigger deal, as there are far more people and you are on a stage in front of everyone. It was far more nerve wracking. I had promised my daughter that I would sing at least one song and I did not want to let her or myself down. :)

I am feeling tired and my arms are painful despite painkillers so I am going to have a restful, relaxing day.

I hope you all have a good Sunday.
  • maman
    Options
    Sounds like you had a good 'me' day after all chanie. :)

I'm interested in you getting the bath bomb and having a soak. We're one of the many families that has a bath but never uses it. I can see that perhaps it's a good idea to have one with young children but these days it seems like a waste of space. Any views?

This past week I've been putting away my more summery clothes and having a sort through while I'm at it. I've got a bag for the CS but pleased to say that I'm keeping most of my stuff. I've just got one drawer left to go through of winter scarves and gloves but don't think too much in there to discard.

I've also been into the city centre a couple of times on errands (and hope to again this week to pick up my new glasses:D) and I've been browsing the autumn/winter stuff. I'm quite pleased that I have lots of the colours and styles that seem to be on offer already in my wardrobe.:)

Sorry but I haven't really looked for black work trousers tigger. I was working part time until Easter but found myself wearing trousers less and less in favour of dresses/skirts and opaque tights. I know they don't get much right but you could try M&S or maybe Zara. The one pair I have left came from New Look but it's a bit hit and miss in there.

Pleased to say I'm keeping up with the foot creaming. I've also bought more body lotion for everyday. Sugar, I know you're a great one for layering perfumes. Do you keep stuff for going out or use it every day? I've got a number of tubes of Clarins Eau Dynamissant body lotion (from gift sets) but it seems a waste to use it when I'm not going anywhere.

It's bright and sunny here. Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure