Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Laid in bed can't sleep. Boo! Just worked out that every £90 paid towards debt is 1% down. That make it seems a lot less worse and more achievable.

DP is off today but is going wake boarding he's never been before but it's his friend at Audi who keeps asking and we thought he best keep the guys sweet as he's the one pushing for him to get this job. It will be the 9th day he's been out as worked 8 shifts in a row and I could really do with a break. Must try not to be annoyed at him as it's all for a good cause. Day in pottering around for me and DS today. Xx
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    I've had the worst NSD :rotfl: oops! Payday tomorrow but DP is off so we will no doubt be out and abour so took advantage of nap time to get bits sorted....or money spent more like:eek:!

Signed up to tesc0 delivery save and placed a food order for monday. It was weird doing a meal plan and shopping from a list. i normally go to aldi with a vague idea on my head then buy the same things every week. £5 coupons used at checkout £73 spent but this includes £18 on car mirrors which I was going to order of amazon. Will give it a few weeks using the online shopping and see how it goes.

I found a local gym that does toddler football classes. Signed DS up as the toddlr gym i enquired about yesterday has a waiting list and I really want to get something trialed before I pop. He starts this sunday exciting. £24 per month but was £39 this month with his kit. i may need to buy trainers too but we'll go in his converse this sunday and see how everyone else is dressed. Realy looking forward to getting him into a little hobby. We don't account for his child benefit so this should fit ok into the budget if he continues.

Spend £50 on a HandM order I decided I have enought pj's and to get a few new bits for post baby. I will hopefully be breastfeeding so have ordered 3 loose jumpers there was a deal of the week 50% off a loose thin jumper which will be perfect so i ordered two of these a thicker baggy jumper a pair of jeggings (I always regret buying jeans online...hoping I will be able to fit in these for the first month or so i've put on 2 and a half stone so far :eek:) and then to top it up to over £50 for free delivery i ordered a scalf! I think i'm getting into football mum mode already plus baby is due Oct so in my head im wishing for cooler weather so its closer to my due date. :rotfl: I'm a baby get me out of here!

So payslips available and money will be in tomorrow. We have decided to live as if I were on statatory mat pay from now as DP is full time (he works part time when i'm full so we have extra money coming in his pay cheques) and thats how we'll have to survive in a couple of months anyway. I'm getting a massive pay!!!!:T We will pay my overdraft off £785 DP's overdraft £600ish I think! Then we will live like we don't have these. Also I think there will be £1300-£1400 left over to go into savings/emergency fund. :T I have also put aside £30 for a hair cut that I need to book in, £30 for a monitor for DS I will move my all singing all dancing one to the new baby and buy DS a sound only one and £20 for a coming home outfit. Other than this I think I have brought everything we need for baby!

DP on his way home from wakeboarding hopefully he's heard more about this job interview......

Bit of a long post as i'm on the laptop and usually use my phone. It's so much easier to waffle on on a proper keyboard.

Think thats all. Roll on tomorrow so I can move all the money around :j xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow you've had a productive day! Good plan living as if you were already on maternity leave, and brilliant about clearing the overdrafts and putting some money away into the emergency fund/savings.

I bet your ds will love his football. My ds goes to rugby and he completely loves it. It's nice that they have their hobbies and can mix with other children.

I haven't started to think about baby's coming home outfit yet. With ds I was so organised........I'd probably bought it by the time I was 12 weeks. I might wait until more Winter bits come out in the shops!!!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    I've just cashed out £2 from my topcashback to make myself feel better about all the spending! Ha ha ha!

I've been looking for outfits but can't see anything that really takes my fancy. I love ne+t so maybe a look online as the stores are limited. Other than that though I have so many lovely bits from DS it would be silly to spend much. I'm not planning of dressing this one in anything other than a baby grow for the first 2 years anyway!

Going to do a couple of trail nights with no monitor for DS and see if we survive. He stirs in the night now but we don't go into him anymore but his is recent. Could save on a monitor completely.

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We were in 2 minds about what to do about the monitor. We started looking at expensive ones where we could connect 2 together. Eventually we decided to try a few nights without a monitor with ds and it has been fine. Our house is small enough that we hear him anyway if he cries.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Ditto unfortunately all my debt hasn't come from renting/buying a big house!
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning, morning, morning,

Payday here :j!!!! I'm in bed meant to be having a lie in but got all excited is been paid so just shifted it all around on my app's.

Overdraft paid back :T
    All savings account DD's processes so signature uodates.
    I'm going to call and make an extra payment of £32 on my CC as this will take debt total below £7000 and CC under £2009! Another couple of mile stones hit.
    I have the rest of the money sitting around ready to pay DP's overdraft off then the rest will be in the savings account. I just hope we manage to get through Mat leave without spending this as it would put us in a much better position for a mortgage one day. We should be able to bank a good chunk of money next pay day too....but with DP receiving Pat pay and two weeks holiday we may need to use a little of my pay.
    Still waiting for an interview date from DP's friend hopefully next week.
    I really want to buy a toaster. The one that matches my kettle is reduced in argos to £30 from £50 so I may just bite the bullet and buy that today. Me and DP arn't big toast eaters but DS is loving it at the moment he's like a hobbit with his two breakfasts and it's a pain using the grill everyday it's a low oven and I worry DS will get burnt too plus the toast crumbs all in my oven are bothering me.
    Going out to lunch at a new restaurant near buy today. DP has pocket money left he will be paying.
    I have my new pocket money allowance but I'd like to not spend until Monday as then I'll have £50 a week. I plan to go to a messy play session at the childrens centre tomorrow morning then he has his football Sunday so that's plenty if activities for DS. Oops forgot I'm going out for dinner and the cinema Sunday night to see the new bridge jones film (if my sister isn't in labour that is she's due 20th) we wanted one night of freedom before it all kicks off again. Damn that's a spanner in the works. I may have to crop my budget down to £40 a week to cover this. I have a friends birthday meal on the 11th so will need to make sure I save some money for that too. Although I'm due on 16th so might not make it! Now this payday is here my due date seems closer! One month tomorrow :):eek:.

Think that's all I'll update my savings fig one I've talked to DP...must not forget to make cc overpayment as I've already updated this! X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Oooh also we didn't use the monitor last night and all was well so that will save us £30 whoop! X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    23% down - go you!
    Well done.
    Like you say it may not be easy whilst you are off on mat leave, but if you can be good with your budgeting then hopefully you can come out the other side with no more debt to add on.

I'm going to be Martin now and challenge you on the toaster. Do you really need one? And if you do, Why don't you go for a cheaper one?

1 month to go to until the big day - that will fly by!
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Hey Martin :money: oops I mean Ramble. I haven't brought it yet and have been in two minds all day. I've been googling and I want a 4 slice one so for anything half decent it's £20ish so my thinking is if I get the matching one it's a good make and will last. Buy cheap but twice is my moto....or don't buy at all maybe should be my new one. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts