Aqua Reward Credit Card - 3% cashback up to £100/year

Options

Comments

• ironlady2022
    Options
    Hi I'm paying off my Mum's aqua card tomorrow and noticed you can pay in any banks with a mastercard sign with cash. Does anyone know exactly which bank? As it's part of Halifax, has anyone managed to pay it at Halifax?
  • Blue_Max
    Options
    mayling03 wrote: »
    Hi I'm paying off my Mum's aqua card tomorrow and noticed you can pay in any banks with a mastercard sign with cash. Does anyone know exactly which bank? As it's part of Halifax, has anyone managed to pay it at Halifax?
    It can be ANY BANK in the UK with a Mastercard sign. So Halifax would be fine.
    Cash or cheque and bank giro credit slip.
    Must be at least 5 working days before due.
    Have a look on the back of the statement under "How to pay".
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes - be aware that cash still has a "clearance" time.
  • blitzboy
    Options
    £19 cashback in the bag already :D

And £5 on the other half's too. Should have no problem making it to £100 each in a year at this rate:cool:
  • downshifter98
    Options
    Just back from using this card in Florida. I've set up a faster payment from my back account and just paid an amount when close to £500; payments showed up in less than 24 hours. The exchange rate was close to market so 1.62 towards the end of the holiday plus 3% cashback - happy days and big thanks to this site again.:T
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    Faster payments does seem to work well with this card, I spend £327 one day, FPd that night which showed up the next morning, then spent £245 and £160 followed by another FP. Day later its back to £500 again.
  • Nath4n
    Nath4n Posts: 2,161 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all, can I please check something before I do something silly and lose all my cashback:

My credit limit on the card is £500. I have already spend £300 this month but want to purchase something that costs £400. Can I make a faster payment to pay off the outstanding balance and then purchase the £400 item. This would obviously mean I would have spent at least £700 in a statement month despite my £500 limit, will this affect cashback in any way?

Secondly - not that I'm planning on it - could you take this one step further and pay extra in to the account to put the card in CREDIT and then purchase something that costs more than the credit limit? This sounds like something which could deem to be taking the proverbial and void cashback? But yea the main question is the first point, anyone had any experience with this?
    Thanks.
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd like to definitively know that too. As I understand it, you can't "boost" your credit limit by paying in money but you can pay off the balance early to "regain" any used limit.

If my understanding is correct, if you've used £400 credit but want to use the card for a holiday abroad, for example, you can pay in £400 and then have the full £500 to play with whilst on holiday.
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you pay the any outstanding amount by Faster Payments, it won't show on your statement for a couple of days. However if you check online you will see that your Amount Available has returned to £500.
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    I can tell you that a FPS takes less than 24 hours. I paid late evening and my "Available Balance" changed back to £500 by the next morning.

I'd always check before spending the cash though! Just in case it's not registered.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure