IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Registered keeper defence

Options
Hi
Received notice to keeper for car given to daughter insured in her name parked at her flat in her parking space - she has valid permit.
She ignored it I received notice - letter told me I had the right to appeal ( driver's right elapsed) no time limit specified. I immediately wrote to request appeal and offered the facts ie the car was not illegally parked!
All letters ignored debt passed to DRP then Zenith collections then MIL collections who have issued court order. I have filled in Gateway registration and now need to write defence.

Two questions here- as registered keeper I am claiming my right of appeal was denied is this correct? Then the original fine can easily be defended I have photos permit signage etc.Can. I defend this even though I was not driver?
And (sorry 3 questions) surely there must be some defence against three companies who ignore letters and send out letters saying I have not responded? I have copies of all correspondence
Thank you

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the forum .......

have you read through the newbies thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

and more specifically Bargepole's link?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=61084955

this will explain much.......

after reading such please do a forum search for MIL .... there will be a plethora of cases for you to read .........

this blog will be well worth a search for MIL information

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/

whilst researching and preparing your defence please consider taking a short time out to help us ......

________________________________________-

This is a campaign of asking people to keep sending Theresa May actual hard copies of the trash they've been deluged with. Let her advisers' desks overflow with annoying paperwork re PPCs.

No emails, all letters from genuine people pouring their hearts out. Write to your MP as well as Mrs May:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211923909-Why-not-write-to-your-MP

The more the better, write it yourself if you are able and enclose copies of the threatograms and rubbish thrown at you.

Do not do this by email - make your paperwork land with a thump on desks, just like it all landed in a very unwelcome way on your doormat.

Apparently the DCLG are looking to make an announcement before the year end so let's make MP's and Mrs May aware that action needs to be strong. You can be sure that the BPA and IPC suits are lobbying Parliament and meeting their friends in suits.

So let the consumers' voices be heard.

thanks

and

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • Cboard
    Options
    Hi
    Thank you have already been reading threads - yes I can send all paperwork to support this campaign.
  • Cboard
    Options
    Hi
    I have read all the threads very helpful- I am preparing my defence but many posts say that an experienced forum member will help - whilst this sounds amazing can't I just plainly and simply set out facts rather than put someone to so much trouble - do I have to refer to parts of law at this stage ? will it harm my defence if I just state facts / dates and why I am defending the claim in full. Do I have to sound like a lawyer?
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    In answer to your questions .... I would suggest that you have a read of this blog .....

the solicitors / ppc's are different but it is an example ...

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/bw-legal-how-to-winlose-claim.html

It is not a definitive answer ..... you may well win any hearing based as you have said ........

it has to be your choice ...

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 October 2016 at 11:29AM
    Options
    Cboard wrote: »
    Hi
    I have read all the threads very helpful- I am preparing my defence but many posts say that an experienced forum member will help - whilst this sounds amazing can't I just plainly and simply set out facts rather than put someone to so much trouble - do I have to refer to parts of law at this stage ? will it harm my defence if I just state facts / dates and why I am defending the claim in full. Do I have to sound like a lawyer?
    You kind of WILL have to write in a bit of legalese as this is MIL. You must have EVERY point covered but you can learn & copy one.

Show us your draft and we will help on the open forum on this thread.

Same sort of answer as here, except you have your claim already so you need more in an actual defence (can't bring new issues in later):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5382182

Also read cueball's defence v MIL, just submitted to MCOL. Find his thread updated this week so you will see it on the first few pages of this busy forum!

Keep this thread updated and do not respond to any private message offering help off-forum. Could be anyone!

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Cboard wrote: »
    Hi
    I have read all the threads very helpful- I am preparing my defence but many posts say that an experienced forum member will help - whilst this sounds amazing can't I just plainly and simply set out facts rather than put someone to so much trouble - do I have to refer to parts of law at this stage ?

will it harm my defence if I just state facts / dates and why I am defending the claim in full. Do I have to sound like a lawyer?

Please come back. Did you defend this?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure