Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tracywimbledon
    • By tracywimbledon 21st Dec 15, 11:39 AM
    • 21Posts
    • 5Thanks
    tracywimbledon
    Capital 2 Coast FCN ticket
    • 21st Dec 15, 11:39 AM
    Capital 2 Coast FCN ticket 21st Dec 15 at 11:39 AM
    On Nov 24 2015 I was issued with an FCN in a private car park at my block of flats in Wimbledon. The situation was that I had an unknown car park in my allocated space, for which I hold a valid permit. Due to this, I then parked in one of the “20 minute bays” (for which I have a permit although these permits were actually rendered obsolete in October, although the management office failed to notify every flat, but merely affixed a sign to a wall near the postal lockers) and I promptly received a Fixed Charge Notice on my windscreen, c/o Capital 2 Coast (a company based in Brighton, who have presumably been contracted by the landowners). My initial response was to send them a letter notifying them that my own space had been taken by someone else and I was forced to park elsewhere). They rejected this. I then followed this up with a second letter to them, the standard letter stating:- a) The sum sought does not represent a genuine pre-estimate of yours or your principal's loss. b) The signage on site is deficient and fails to comply with the British Parking Association's Code of Practice, Annexe B. c) In the absence of any evidence it is my case that you lack any or sufficient proprietary interest in the land. d) Your notice was deficient and fails to comply with Schedule 4, Protection of Freedoms Act.

They have now also rejected this and stated I must now appeal to the IAS (Independent Appeals Service) who I see from the internet reject 80% of all appeals anyway and, it would appear, act on behalf of the car park cowboys anyway ?? I now have until 31 Dec 2015 to either pay the £60 parking fine ; or until 14 Jan 2016 to pay the full rate of £100. Otherwise I am liable for potential court costs etc etc .....

PLEASE HELP !! What do I do now ?!! IS there any way out of this horrible mess ??
Page 1
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 21st Dec 15, 11:53 AM
    • 2,241 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 21st Dec 15, 11:53 AM
    • 21st Dec 15, 11:53 AM
    Hi tracywimbledon, and welcome to the forum ......

you are mostly right in what you have said .....

please have a read through the newbies thread below ..... as well as useful background info the are sections devoted to the wonderful world of the IPC / IPA ....... so yes it will be a bit of a 'nightmare before christmas'

but

just as in the film it should all work out

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

other section that are a must read include debt crawlers ......

come back if you need further help / advice / assurance

happy xmas

and

good luck

Ralph
    • tracywimbledon
    • By tracywimbledon 21st Dec 15, 12:14 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    tracywimbledon
    • 21st Dec 15, 12:14 PM
    thanks Ralph
    • 21st Dec 15, 12:14 PM
    Thank you for your reply Ralph, which bit exactly should I be looking at please ? I really don't know what I should do next .... :-(
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 21st Dec 15, 12:23 PM
    • 5,561 Posts
    • 4,271 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 21st Dec 15, 12:23 PM
    • 21st Dec 15, 12:23 PM
    They would be bonkers to even think of taking this to court, no-one has lost a penny from your actions.

Why are residents putting up with this nonsense from a dishonest outfit such as this, who are probably bunging the MA. Get together with the other residents and make life difficult for the MA.

You now have two choices, appeal and cost them money, or ignore, and cost them money.
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 21st Dec 15, 12:24 PM
    • 2,241 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 21st Dec 15, 12:24 PM
    • 21st Dec 15, 12:24 PM
    try and skim read all of #1 (lots about BPA and POPLA should be noted but do not apply)

then #3

scroll down to the "IF YOURS IS IAS (AN IPC MEMBER) MY ADVICE FOR 2015 IS, DO NOT BOTHER WITH THIS STAGE UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING LIKE 'NO SIGNS AT ALL' AND PROOF OF THAT, AS YOUR APPEAL REASON.
    "

section .........

the section on debt crawlers is being re written
    ........ so for now all you need to know if that they are toothless and should be ignored ....

good luck and a merry xmas

Ralph
    • tracywimbledon
    • By tracywimbledon 21st Dec 15, 12:34 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    tracywimbledon
    • 21st Dec 15, 12:34 PM
    • 21st Dec 15, 12:34 PM
    Thank you Ralphy and The Deep !! So I'm safe to just ignore them totally and there is absolutely nothing they can do ? They're basically just bullies that try to scare people into paying up !!??
    • tracywimbledon
    • By tracywimbledon 21st Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    tracywimbledon
    • 21st Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    • 21st Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    Just one other thing though .... obviously I still park here (in my own allocated / permitted space), there's no risk that (as Capital 2 Coast still control the car park) they will clamp me and demand what I "owe" them ? I THINK they wouldn't have power / authority to be able to do that, but just wanted to double-check ?
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 21st Dec 15, 1:14 PM
    • 2,241 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 21st Dec 15, 1:14 PM
    • 21st Dec 15, 1:14 PM
    sorry .... after cheering you up .......

we can not say you are home and dry ........

they have up to 6 years to decide what to do ........

they are (under the present climate) unlikely to take this to court ....

but the murky world of private parking ..... just like fog comes and go's .........

you will almost certainly start to get the threat o grams from debt crawlers ....

so ignore these unless a true letter before action is received .......

if you have read through the links given you must decide if you are going to do the IPA appeal ..

this will not go away as far as if the PPC remains circling like a vulture (sorry to all real vultures out there) above your property then there is likely to be a next time .... you should continue to read up and put pressure on the management committee / land owner to clip their wings ....

clamping (apart for people like police is now a criminal act)

good luck

and

have a merry xmas

Ralph
    Last edited by Ralph-y; 21-12-2015 at 1:45 PM.
    • tracywimbledon
    • By tracywimbledon 21st Dec 15, 1:19 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    tracywimbledon
    • 21st Dec 15, 1:19 PM
    • 21st Dec 15, 1:19 PM
    ok Ralph, thank you. I had a read through and basically decided NOT to do the appeal to the IAS - as it seems totally pointless to do so. So I think the best advice now is to ignore everything they send through (debt collectors letters etc) and, as you and The Deep both advise, its highly unlikely they will take it to court anyway ! Many thanks for your help and Happy Christmas to you also !!
    • tracywimbledon
    • By tracywimbledon 10th Mar 16, 1:17 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    tracywimbledon
    Hi all, HELP ! Still getting chased by debt collectors for this outstanding parking payment - and they're letters state that they are "recommending the creditor (Capital 2 Coast Parking) proceeds with court action". Should I worry ? Or just ignore them ??
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Mar 16, 1:18 PM
    • 40,460 Posts
    • 52,359 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Please read the NEWBIES thread post #4 about this stage.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• tracywimbledon
    • By tracywimbledon 10th Mar 16, 1:30 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    tracywimbledon
    ok, thank you. So from that I assume it should be safe to just ignore the letters from debt collectors then ? In the hope / assumption that its highly unlikely the car park company (Capital 2 Coast) will take this to court ?
    • dazster
    • By dazster 10th Mar 16, 1:51 PM
    • 487 Posts
    • 823 Thanks
    dazster
    ALWAYS ignore letters from debt collectors.
    • catfunt
    • By catfunt 10th Mar 16, 2:59 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 701 Thanks
    catfunt
    You will continue to get debt collector letters in ever more desperate and threatening language and big scary red font, but they cannot take you to court. They can only threaten that they may just recommend to the PPC that they may perhaps possibly consider recommend taking court action. Maybe.

Ignore and file away safely.
    Got a Private Parking Notice??
    ** Do Not Pay
    ** Do Not Ignore a Notice to Keeper (except Scotland)
    ** Do not mention who was driving (No "Me" Myself" "I")
    ** Never, ever phone a Private Parking Company
    ** Please read the NEWBIES thread at the top of the forum
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Mar 16, 5:23 PM
    • 40,460 Posts
    • 52,359 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    C2C are ex-clampers, they and their ilk are considered by many posters to be knuckle-draggers of little brain, highly unlikely to try court:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203629601-One-Parking-Ltd-Trading-As-Capital-2-Coast-Parking-Management-

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203589972-Debt-Recovery-Plus-Ltd-also-t-as-Parking-Collection-Services-Zenith-Collections

HTH, come back if you get court papers but not various debt letters.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• tracywimbledon
    • By tracywimbledon 18th Oct 16, 8:52 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    tracywimbledon
    Morning all,

Following on from the below threads, which date back to last year, I thought this one had finally gone away. But now it appears not – help ! The company assigned to taking care of the car park (private land) have passed (“sold”) the debt onto a company called MIL COLLECTIONS (based in Truro) who are now threatening further action via a small claim.

What do you think ? Should I still ignore ?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Oct 16, 9:34 AM
    • 10,979 Posts
    • 16,384 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Check on this forum and PePiPoo for MIL cases. Loads of them. Your case needs to be defended to avoid a default judgment against you. All are generally handled in the same way and, where properly defended, the vast majority are withdrawn by MIL before they get to court. Make a note of the time you spend in dealing with this as judges are awarding costs against MIL where they have withdrawn.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=60

This won't go away without you heading it off.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • tracywimbledon
    • By tracywimbledon 18th Oct 16, 9:44 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    tracywimbledon
    Thanks - which part / line do I need to look at ? Can I do this myself ?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 18th Oct 16, 9:54 AM
    • 5,362 Posts
    • 4,894 Thanks
    pappa golf
    ok , goto google , type in "parking prankster mil" and start reading pranksters views on them

search this forum and pepipoo for "mil" , especially read any posts by HO87 , who is clued up on this company and explains their flaws well

the mil scenario has been going on for a couple of yrs , solisitors based in truro who are buying up alleged parking debts for coppers , hoping to frighten people into paying , or indeed get default wins due to people moving house , and having to pay MIL (credit clamping)
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • tracywimbledon
    • By tracywimbledon 18th Oct 16, 10:03 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    tracywimbledon
    ok - thank you, so what should I do ? Will they take this to court, as they have threatened ? (There is a statement in bold on their letter, saying "DO NOT UNDER-ESTIMATE THE SERIOUSNESS OF THIS LETTER") . I don't want to involve solicitors which would be costly, but I can't defend myself in court ..... do I need to write back to MIL ? What should I say ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

3,350Users online

Martin's Twitter