The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cit sounds like you had a lot on your plate Eager Elephant. I hope you can achieve what you want to with your new spare time.

Procrastination and disorganisation led to many of my debt problems, and it's an ongoing fight at this end. If you find a way to overcome it let me know.:rotfl:

Good luck on your journey too.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thats the last time you will here me say that.

I have just looked at my statements for v4nquiz and Aqu4 for the past few months. Shocked and appalled at them. I CANNOT wait for my 0% card to arrive so I can bin both of them off. I don't like using the phone but I will enjoy those calls.

I have been checking my freezer and cupboards planning meals for the next few weeks. The next shop should be a frugal one.:j

Perhaps my card will appear tommorow and I can start on my plans. I will be stalking the postman until it arrives.

Going to continue now with the sewing room. I need to makes lots of money this year coming.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • doingitanyway
    Options

I was accepted for another 0-% credit card.:j:j:j
    Such good news to go into 2017 with. Well done you :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • takingcontrolatlast
    Options
    Hi Parsniphead :hello:

Glad you are doing well - best wishes for the NY !
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thank you Doingitanyway. Its sad to be excited over a 0% card. I would never have imagined as a teenager what a dull, middle aged woman I would become.:rotfl:

Thank you taking control and best wishes to you too.:beer:

• parsniphead
    Options
    Well it's New Years eve, and it's a time I'm not fond of to be honest. DH and I have brought a bottle of champagne to say bugg3r off to 2016.

I have decided 2017 is going to be better whether it likes it or not. Positive thinking all round.

I'm setting myself a target to earn an much extra each month from self employment, selling tat, etc, as I earn in wages. I'm going to set up a spreadsheet, or something in my notebook to keep track.

I feel with the acceptance of the 0% card with the big limit I now will be debt free in 2017. My april I want my final card with interest paid off and just be working on the two 0% ones.:D

I WILL ALSO GET THIS HOVEL SORTED. I started a massive clear out before Christmas which needs completing. Then a massive deep clean before freshening up the decorating. Doingitanyway has led me astray and I have brought a steamer. It was half price though and I used christmas money.

Weight.......I will work hard to lose 3 stone. We have piles of Christmas goodies which have hardly been touched. I think they may be donated to the local old folks home.

This year coming I'm making time for me as well as everyone else.

Happy new year all. :beer::)

• takingcontrolatlast
    Options
    Well it's New Years eve, and it's a time I'm not fond of to be honest. DH and I have brought a bottle of champagne to say bugg3r off to 2016)

You did make me laugh with this comment - luv it !

Enjoy the champs :j
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    And me. Echoing that sentiment
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Happy New Year Parsnip!

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Happy new year to you all.

Thank you Takingcontrol, in need of direction and fortunes smiles. It's was such a difficult year and I have to admit as the year changed there were a few tears. I thought mid year that life was going a very bad way but we worked our way through it.

I have decided that I need to slim down time takers. For some strange reason this year I signed up to f4kebook. Something I said I wouldn't do. I kind of did it to keep in touch with ex colleges and also to link to my business. What a flipping nightmare and how boring that site is. If I see one more 'Share if you agree' or 'Only true friends will share' comments I will scream. I'm one of those folks if you tell me what to do I will do the opposite. It drives me mad so I'm going to bin it off. The only business I got from it anyway ended up with me not being paid......yet......I may be very naughty Nd out them before I go. Perhaps, or perhaps not.

I have used my new steamer this morning, just a few test areas. It's fab, but I'm ashamed at the mess and muck.:eek: off to do. Bit more now.

P x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure