PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    wwalker30 wrote: »
    Hi

I just need to get some advice what I should do, I got letter back from the Halifax yesterday saying that:

"In view of the fact that you are a valued customer, I have decided to pay you an amount which will put you back in the position you would have been in had you not taken the insurance. This is done without admission of liability and in full and final settlement of your complaint about the PPI on your loan."

I not sure if I should go back to the Halifax with a 2nd letter requesting a full refund of all premiums and subsequent interest on the payments that I have paid to date and the 8% statutory interest or just take what they have offered. I'm concerned that If I do write a 2nd letter that I could end up with getting nothing back.

What should I do?

Hi and welcome.;)

Going by what they have stated it looks like they are going to do this anyway, refund all premiums and so on, but maybe it would be best to ask them to send you a full written detailed breakdown on this, just in case.

Anyway, well done to you.:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • SPITAKIMUS14_2
    Options
    As you may be aware I have a massive vendetta against Ambulance Chasers (or as some people call them CMC's - Claim Management Company's), and they will be on to this ruling like a rash once it goes into force next year, taking for guaranteed people that don't know that their complaint will be reviewed for free!! Also I reckon cases that ambulance chasers have had declined and the contract with the client has duly ended, they will try and re-instate.

Cases with the FOS will not have to be reviewed. People will have to sit and wait patiently until it has run its course with the FOS. Although as there should not be as many cases going to the FOS, cases should be looked at quicker, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I understand what your saying about the ambulance chasers but i know people who are in totally awe of banks etc .
    One of our friends has loans credit cards and a hefty mortgage which he has once again(6 months ago) turned into a big mortgage with the Halifax at a silly rate (dearer than a broker quoted him)complete with ppi etc this is the third time in 6 years and he is now very close to neg equity. Why did he go with the Halifax because he is loyal to the point of stupidity .
    When i told him about our case with Egg he said he wouldnt understand the process and how could the banks be wrong...
    Now he must have thousands of premiums and payments to claim back so giving a company even 25% would make them both rich...
    everyones a winner ;)
  • SPITAKIMUS14_2
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi and welcome.;)

Going by what they have stated it looks like they are going to do this anyway, refund all premiums and so on, but maybe it would be best to ask them to send you a full written detailed breakdown on this, just in case.

Anyway, well done to you.:beer:

we just received written comformation from Egg that our claims going for calculation and should take 3 weeks ,we replied with a letter asking for a full breakdown of there calculations .
  • di3004
    Options
    we just received written comformation from Egg that our claims going for calculation and should take 3 weeks ,we replied with a letter asking for a full breakdown of there calculations .

Well done to you.:j:j
    :beer::beer:
  • This isn't looking good for me. So so sorry its long, but need advice

I've been using Black Horse Finance for 6/7 years, had several secured loans and paid them all back, never a late or missed payment. Then 2 years ago I took out another secured loan, same office just a different financial advisor, however on this occasion the young lady was really pushing for me to take out PPI, I said that I didn't have PPI's with my last loans and didn't see the need to take it out on this loan. She then said that the APR rate she was giving me on the loan was the managers rate and I couldn't have that rate unless I took out PPI, adding my payments would be a lot higher or I may even be refused the loan altogether. So I agreed and sign for the loan and PPI. A week or so later I got the paper work in the post, I regreted taking the PPI so I rang the head office and asked for the PPI to be cancelled, They sent me fresh paperwork to sign minus the PPI, the APR rate didnt change at all on the secured loan it remained at the same, so called managers rate. Before I had a chance to sign and return the papers I recieved a call from the finacial advisor who sold me the PPI asking why I had cancelled it, because now I wouldn't get the loan or managers lower APR rate, I questioned the rate changes, but I was convinced by her to take the PPI out again. She said she'd send the paper work again with the PPI added back on which she did. I struggled with payments of 620 a month 300 of which was PPI, so July this year I paid the loan back in full with heavy resettlement penalties for both the loan and PPI.....HELP do I have a case against Black Horse Finance?
  • di3004
    Options
    This isn't looking good for me. So so sorry its long, but need advice

I've been using Black Horse Finance for 6/7 years, had several secured loans and paid them all back, never a late or missed payment. Then 2 years ago I took out another secured loan, same office just a different financial advisor, however on this occasion the young lady was really pushing for me to take out PPI, I said that I didn't have PPI's with my last loans and didn't see the need to take it out on this loan. She then said that the APR rate she was giving me on the loan was the managers rate and I couldn't have that rate unless I took out PPI, adding my payments would be a lot higher or I may even be refused the loan altogether. So I agreed and sign for the loan and PPI. A week or so later I got the paper work in the post, I regreted taking the PPI so I rang the head office and asked for the PPI to be cancelled, They sent me fresh paperwork to sign minus the PPI, the APR rate didnt change at all on the secured loan it remained at the same, so called managers rate. Before I had a chance to sign and return the papers I recieved a call from the finacial advisor who sold me the PPI asking why I had cancelled it, because now I wouldn't get the loan or managers lower APR rate, I questioned the rate changes, but I was convinced by her to take the PPI out again. She said she'd send the paper work again with the PPI added back on which she did. I struggled with payments of 620 a month 300 of which was PPI, so July this year I paid the loan back in full with heavy resettlement penalties for both the loan and PPI.....HELP do I have a case against Black Horse Finance?

Hi and welcome.;)

Blimey this is not on is it?
    I am surprised they are still doing this, managers rate or not, its your choice at the end of the day.

Personally I would defo complain on this matter.

Just a suggestion here though, you could do this yourself but if you give the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) a call, ask if they can write on your behalf, this way the FOS will get the picture of this upfront, if you explain to them.

I would give the FOS a call on this one here
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html

I am not certain if they are able to help on the earlier finance but there is no harm in trying.

I suggested the FOS at this stage now, because I think the ones who sold you this, will see that you mean business, to get the FOS to do this for you and refund what they owe you.

However there is no harm in doing this for yourself by writing to the business, but me personally would contact the FOS.

They do this for you on your behalf, good luck.;)

I will also add the link below for you as well, on the guidelines of reclaiming if you decide to do this yourself first.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
  • showergirl
    showergirl Posts: 885 Forumite
    Options
    hi everyone,

I need some advice.

I have been helping my hubbies boss claim the ppi back from MBNA for his wife. She was approached on the high street and offered one of their credit cards 6 years ago. At the time she was pregnant, not working and suffers from a medical condition called Lupus.

She has received a letter back offering her £783.66 and this is their final reponse. They are sending her a cheque within 10 days.

Should she accept this or do you think she should go to the ombudsman. In the meantime should she cash the cheque when it arrives.

Looking forward to your replies
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    showergirl wrote: »
    hi everyone,

I need some advice.

I have been helping my hubbies boss claim the ppi back from MBNA for his wife. She was approached on the high street and offered one of their credit cards 6 years ago. At the time she was pregnant, not working and suffers from a medical condition called Lupus.

She has received a letter back offering her £783.66 and this is their final reponse. They are sending her a cheque within 10 days.

Should she accept this or do you think she should go to the ombudsman. In the meantime should she cash the cheque when it arrives.

Looking forward to your replies
    If its not any where near the full amount and they state that then perhaps she could use the FOS for the full amount? I dare say that you would have no idea of the real amount showergirl so a difficult one??
  • cot1198
    cot1198 Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    This isn't looking good for me. So so sorry its long, but need advice

Yes you have a very good case indeed
    I can not believe banks and their employees operate like this, bullying customers like this. Its a blatant attempt to confuse, scare and manipulate people in to taking out high cost PPI that makes them a lot of money in premiums not to mention commission to the person who sold it to you.
    I presume you have this persons name and phone number to add to your complaint.
  • showergirl
    showergirl Posts: 885 Forumite
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    If its not any where near the full amount and they state that then perhaps she could use the FOS for the full amount? I dare say that you would have no idea of the real amount showergirl so a difficult one??
    Thanks for your reply. So can she go to the FOS if she thinks the rebate is unfair. The ppi was about £30 per month on her last statements.
    Should she also cash the cheque when it comes or will this go against her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport