IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I have had HCE at the door for a private parking ticket HELP

Options
In 2013 I got a couple of ticket on some private land
We ignored the tickets following the information back then we moved house in 2014 and in February this year we received a letter asking for £800 with regards these tickets and the threat of going to court. I rang them and gave them correct address and said we hadnt recieved any previous letters as we had now moved house and they agreed they had sent everything previous to an old address. I asked them to send the details and evidence regarding these tickets to new address which they did. I appealed these tickets and this was the last I heard. Until yesterday a high court enforcement office came and I had to pay £2000 he said I have 14 days to appeal... on the document for the court there is the old address and he said that the CCJ have been going there. How do I even go about appealing and do I have a leg to stand on

Comments

• RichardD1970
    Options
    Try asking on this sub forum http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163, they deal with private parking matters.

Although you have passed the initial stages for their usual help there may be some one who can help.
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    Try asking here:

http://www.pepipoo.com/forums/

They're experts in anything to do with parking tickets.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Ask the mods to move this to the parking forum. Its quite likely that the experts will not see it here.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Pity you ignored it as this has not been the advice on here since 2012.
    Did you update the DVLA for the car address as well as driving license?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Lmurray2013
    Options
    We moved and sold vehilce at same time that was the problem... I followed the advice that was listed on here at the time ... how do I get this moved to different forum ?
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    Who was the parking company?

You can appeal against this as the papers went to the wrong place. However, you also need a valid reason why the charge was not valid.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • Lmurray2013
    Options
    Vehicle control company
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Vehicle control company

Thats a new one on me, are you sure it wasnt Vehicle Control Services (VCS)?

It may sound a little petty and pedantic, but at the stage you find yourself at, facts are important.

A few other things that may/will potentially be of help: where was the original parking ticket picked up from, and why did you get the ticket in the first place?

Also of not will be the actual parking company do any of the documents that you have received mention that you owe Excel parking instead?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hoohoo wrote: »
    Who was the parking company?

You can appeal against this as the papers went to the wrong place. However, you also need a valid reason why the charge was not valid.
    The papers went to the correct place.

The papers only need to be sent to the last known address of the person which would have been the address obtained from DVLA for that vehicle
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    "we moved house in 2014 and in February this year we received a letter asking for £800 with regards these tickets and the threat of going to court. I rang them and gave them correct address

credit clamping done to the extreme , you need to contact Sheila at bailiffs online ASAP to get a hold put on the bailiffs and then organise a statutory "set aside"
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family