Caz counts it down

Options

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I hadn't realised either LAM..he is gorgeous, even when he is braying :rotfl:
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Great piccie - what a beautiful boy x
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cute! I've got my first ever one this year, though mine is chocolate rather than yellow. Mainly had bays or chestnuts before.

What is this "fly spray that works" you speak of? I'm using power phaser just now and decided it's a total waste. Went for a hack this evening that made my poor boy really miserable.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks all - yes, he's dun and he knows he's gorgeous ;)

Mfmaybe, the fly spray is a home-made job. Quantity to fit my spray bottle, so scale up or down as required.

750ml cold tea (I just get Mr Minx to stick his used teabags in a jug of water for a few days!)
    1 tablespoon of clear vinegar
    1 teaspoon of Dettol

Smells pretty rank, but does seem to do the job - either spray or wipe on with a sponge.

Lots and lots of proofreading today. I have about three days' worth to put on my invoice, but I think if I add in the transcription as well, I'm probably over £450 for the month already!!

A quiet-ish day on the bead front, the American customer is having a think about her order.

I'm not on shift for transcription or proofreading tomorrow afternoon and I don't think I'm expected over at the tack shop, so tomorrow will hopefully be a bit of a 'stop it and tidy up' day. A list may be required.... :D
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ah cold tea and vinegar. Haven't made that for years! I used to add citronella too but not sure you can still buy it? Thanks for the "recipe"!

Wow on the proof reading, that's some going. Not sure if I said well done on the progress, you're working so hard at it. :T
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    My half day for the proofreading today, so I was able to catch up with my July invoice. If I add the proofreading and transcription together, I'm *already* up to £533 :D:D:D:D:D It's just possible that I could make £1000 in a month, which would be absolutely unbelievably awesome.

The beads also had a pretty good day, I banked £260 and the American lady ordered, which is another £150 on its way via credit card. She didn't buy quite as much as she asked me to get in for her, so I have a bit of surplus stock kicking about, but she picked two of my most popular settings, so the rest will sell through fast enough. Looking on the bright side, her order weighed in at 30g under the maximum limit for Royal Mail International, so from that point of view she ordered exactly the right amount!

The Barclaycard statement came through today, interest now down to £6.41 a month (this is the 6.5% life of balance card). The minimum payment was £10.62, but I paid off the budgeted £40 plus interest and the outstanding balance is now exactly £500 which should be wiped with next month's proofreading and transcription money :)

I still haven't paid myself from the bead shop this month, but every other bill for July is now covered, so I've been able to tell YNAB to put £50 into my drawings for this month and hopefully I'll be able to take out my usual £1300. I am going to *try* to keep the beads going enough to continue to draw out £1300 a month until the cards are gone, then I'll switch to living off the proofreading and transcription money and just topping up to £1300 a month from the beads until the business overdraft is gone.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sounds like a plan :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • LAM2011
    LAM2011 Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good going on the proof reading! Your cards will be gone in no time.
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Whoops, told Mr Minx I'd be 'up in a minute' 20 minutes ago, but I've been playing around on People Per Hour - my account was approved this morning, so today I've bid for a couple of jobs and posted my first hourlie!

http://www.peopleperhour.com/hourlie/transcribe-15-minutes-of-audio-recording-i-will-complete-your-transcription/154183?ref=featured

That covers intelligent verbatim transcription work with an optional upgrade to full. Tomorrow I'm going to post two more, one for summarising (which I'm not sure anyone is offering on the site at the moment) and one for proofreading.

Not a lot else to report, sales are ticking over, proofreading is ticking over... oh, I did get to assign myself £250 for payday today, but it's going to have to come straight out again tomorrow because I had a request for 50 bangles from a customer and had to place a rather large order with my other UK supplier, the one which doesn't do credit accounts!
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    These Fridays are rolling around rather quickly, aren't they...?

Business
    Overdraft: -£-9000.00 / -£8860.00 +£140.00

Business total: -£9,000.00 / -£8,860.00 +£140.00

Personal
    Barclaycard: -£540.00 / -£500.00 +£40.00
    Nationwide card: -£2,330.00 / -£2,330.00 no change
    Halifax card: -£5,640.00 / -£5,640.00 no change

Personal total: -£8,510.00 / -£8,470.00 +£40.00

Grand total:17,510.00 / -£17,330.00 +£180.00

Okay, not *quite* last week's £670 reduction, but I'll take that, thank you very much :D Having a rough crunch of the numbers, I'm averaging just over £250 a week in debt reduction at the moment. If I can keep that rate up, then I'll only be £3,000 short of paying everything off by my 40th, as originally planned, not just the personal cards. I'm sure I can find £3,000 somewhere over the next 13 months...

I was getting slightly worried this morning about the fact that it's the middle of the month and I only have £313 left in my NatWest current account - then I remembered that I still haven't paid myself from the bead shop and that should actually be £1613. With this morning's bankings (£255) plus the money I'd put aside to pay myself, I've only got to find another £30 to allocate to last night's stock order, so next week I might actually get paid :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure