IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking - Letter Before County Court Claim (LBCCC) - Fight back! Guidance Thread

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Daisy hasn't been contributing to the forum for around 3 years now. You need to start a new thread of your own with many more details than those you have given above where you will receive more responses than just tagging on to this largely information thread. Some of this thread is losing its currency.

Also do have a read of this latest submission from 'bargepole' who is highly experienced in dealing with private parking small claims court cases.

This link will take you to a definitive description of the procedures you will need to follow in defending your case.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5546325
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Sploing
    Sploing Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I've just started a thread entitled: "Passed onto a different firm despite SRA complaint, what now?"

Are you able to offer some guidance please?

Thanks,

Sploing
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sploing wrote: »
    I've just started a thread entitled: "Passed onto a different firm despite SRA complaint, what now?"

Are you able to offer some guidance please?

Thanks,

Sploing

You need to ask all your questions on your own thread. This one is out of date as far as I am aware.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Aelayt
    Options
    Hi All,

I have created a new thread titled 'Gladstones Witness Statement' and would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks :)
  • Angels44
    Angels44 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Daisy and everyone for the information. I'm going To be busy this weekend reading all the threads as suggested 😩😃
  • Chimichanga
    Options
    I'm getting more and more confused the more I read.

This thread has been really helpful and I really appreciate your time in putting it together.

Just to clarify, the LBC I have received only contains the PCN number, the date, the 'car park" and the charge amount.

They have given me 30 days to pay or reply in the letter. Does the 14 day limit you state in your thread still apply in this case? Slightly panicking now as i thought i still had time to respond but after reading this thread I'm wondering if only now have actually got 3 days :eek:

I have started my own thread titled LBCCC - Gladstone Solicitors.

Thanks so much.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The base information in this thread was written almost 5 years ago. It is unwise to rely on any thread that is so old, and not updated.

For up to date information about dealing with a LBC (and the ongoing court process), please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 where very recent inputs from qualified lawyers are there for perusal and use.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    STOP!!!!!

Did you not notice, this thread is from 2013??

2013!

Do not read parking threads that are this old, the legal arguments have long since changed and the pre-action protocol was updated in 2017.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, DO NOT READ OLD THREADS

You are just TWO clicks away from the current advice and live forum help.

See my signature, below...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Chimichanga
    Options
    Apologies, realised the date after I posted:(
  • Tog23
    Tog23 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hi my new thread is posted with the above title.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport