Weekly Spend Challenge W/C 25th August 2013

Options

Comments

• tinkermcjingles
    Options
    I'm going to pledge £25 again this week and I WILL be under budget this week!!! Got cinema planned but got free tickets!

Spent £2.45 today - got confused with days with it being a bank holiday!
    Tink
  • EverTheOptimist
    Options
    Evening everyone.

Hope everyone has had a lovely bank holiday.

Had a spend day today but from grocery budget. Although I did get myself and hubby an ice cream which should have come from this budget but its too much of a pain splitting the shopping for the sake of taking from the correct budget so ill try and replace it from this budget when Ive got some change. Does that even make sense. :D
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
  • MissE001
    MissE001 Posts: 797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Although I did get myself and hubby an ice cream which should have come from this budget but its too much of a pain splitting the shopping for the sake of taking from the correct budget so ill try and replace it from this budget when Ive got some change. Does that even make sense. :D

Ha ha ETO - we do tie ourselves up in knots with these budgets at times :rotfl:

Forgot to drop in last night to say I've got £25 in my purse and aiming to spend no more than that until Friday when it's finally payday :j. I'm going to a friend's for dinner on Friday night and will definitely need petrol by then so probably another £30 or so

Target for this week (to include ALL spends) is £55 :)
    SPC Member #112 :A Save £2k in 2014 # 160 :money:
  • MissMelLady
    Options
    Hi guys, this week has been quite difficult for me as currently housesitting for somebody so have had to buy two weeks worth of food that wasn't budgeted for but I think that i'm going to keep that separate from this challenge as its not something I had a choice about purchasing. So total for this week £40.23/£20.00. Im not totally proud but at least its not in the £100s region now.
    Please could I pledge £20.00 for this week and I'm gonna try so hard (even tho I'm on holiday from work for two weeks!)
    Gd luck everyone.

Sealed Pot Challenge #2035 £40.70
    Weekly Spend Challenge w/c 10th November - £3.90/£30.00
    Debt free since 17/10/2013 :j
  • flyinggiraffe_2
    Options
    Sunday: NSD
    Monday: NSD

Am waiting for a bacs to clear into my account. Apparently it was made on Thursday, so processed Friday and should therefore be paid in today? Or should it be Wednesday now because of the bank holiday?

Need to pay some cash into my account (as lack of bacs appearing has meant I am slightly overdrawn this morning and if I can top up to 0 again I won't be paying any fees) so going to ask. I'd assume the bank can still see if there is payment waiting to be made..
  • ShootForTheMoon
    Options
    Hi Guys!!

Sorry I'm a bit late joining in - had a manic bank holiday at work!! On the plus side, earned 15hours overtime over the weekend - so that'll boost the savings next month!! ;)

Very chuffed to report a GREEN week last week - £0/£0 - feels like a big achievement having avoided the temptation for takeaways etc during long shifts at work! But I stuck to my guns and happy with the result!

So, just having a think about budget for this week... Sun and Mon were NSD as I pretty much did work, sleep, work! I need to get my hair cut this week but I think that's about it for personal spends... So, my budget this week will be £20 please ETO!!

Total so far: £0 / £20

Have a fantastic week money-savers!! Lots of love xxx
    :T DEBT FREE AS OF APRIL 2013! :T
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul"
  • flyinggiraffe_2
    Options
    Monday:NSD
    Tuesday: £5.10 on fudge from the best fudge shop in the country, if not the world!
  • splodgethefirst
    Options
    Hi all!

Sorry for my being AWOL - I was visiting my outlaws and spending some time with the fiance before work starts again ... boo ...

I am going to attempt between today and saturday to keep it to a low £20.

I've got £100 until Sept pay day to last me (most things are budgeted for elsewhere !)
  • MissMelLady
    Options
    Monday: NSD
    Tuesday: £4.49 (Airwick Candle- kinda needed it because the house smelt of dog) :P

Sealed Pot Challenge #2035 £40.70
    Weekly Spend Challenge w/c 10th November - £3.90/£30.00
    Debt free since 17/10/2013 :j
  • tinkermcjingles
    Options
    Today I've spent £2.40 on drinks at work, will be better prepared tomorrow and aiming for a NSD!
    Tink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport