How old is your mobile?

Options
1235»

Comments

• thescouselander
    Options
    I have 4 mobiles.

My main phone is a Nexus 5x which I picked up 6 months ago. I use an iPhone 6 for work which they gave me back in December. Then I have a Moto X and an xeperia z3 compact which serve as backups and which Mrs thescouselander borrows - these must be around 18 months old.
  • synth
    synth Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    I purchased my iPhone 6s outright for £512. This was in September 2016. As it has so much space/memory, I plan to keep it for a good while!

I am on a SIM only deal with 3 Mobile at the moment. £9 per month. 4GB data, unlimited texts and calls (they had a special offer going. Usual price for this would be £17 normally.)

It's a 12 month contract. The price will go back to £17 once the contract ends. I plan to find something else then.
  • Sam_Fallow
    Sam_Fallow Posts: 923 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I still have a Motorola V220 (somewhere), still works.

Also a Motorola RAZR, thinking about getting a new battery for it. (I feel the need to play Snake again)

Still using my nokia 6302i because it is bulletproof and goes forever on a charge.

Recently decided to go the smartphone route with a HTC Desire X which I promptly dropped and smashed.
    Followed by a Nokia 920 which was nice but then the SIM reader quickly went belly up.
    Finally got a Sony Xperia T which does everything I want and it still works. This means the old faithfull Nokia will soon be retired.

All were bought second hand on PAYG (this is MSE after all) and I've never bought a new phone or had any monthly plan.
    I don't like morning people. Or mornings. Or people.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sony Experia M2. Its about 2 years old.
  • wess_lawson
    Options
    I am still using old flagship phone Samsung s6.
  • Li0nhead
    Li0nhead Posts: 16,922 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oneplus 2, nearly 2 years old. Very happy with it but think I will be switching to the next Oneplus phone that comes out.
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature. It was so good we removed it because we cannot think of one so good as you had and need to protect others from seeing such a great signature.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 May 2017 at 5:51PM
    Options
    My iPhone SE is 7 months old. I usually have a contract phone but I paid cash upfront for this one. I usually change my phone every two years but I'm looking at probably changing this one next year, after about a year and a half as I know that will be the last time I have the money to buy one outright.
    Sadly I am being ripped off big style with the phone plan I'm on- £40 a month on the EE Extra for iPhone- unlimited calls and texts and 10GB data. I am however stuck with it- it is in the name of an estranged family member who none of us speak to and I cannot get one in my own name as my credit rating is too bad. EE helpfully said 'don't worry you can get one of our fantastic PAYG plans' which is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard to me as the data allowances are woeful (I need the 10GB as I stream a lot of music) my phone is locked to EE and the only networks with service round here are 3 and EE :mad:
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure