IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Request for popla refused despite quoting legislation, what to do now?

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    This! Much better put than wot I said.

This is about a principal.

When (on a different forum) we were fighting for PPI refunds, NatWest lost in court some £700, they ignored the judgement so the court bailiffs were sent in and that cost the bank a lot more.
    Imagine the faces of staff, customers when the bailiffs turned up at the branch
    It was so funny
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    This is about a principal.

When (on a different forum) we were fighting for PPI refunds, NatWest lost in court some £700, they ignored the judgement so the court bailiffs were sent in and that cost the bank a lot more.
    Imagine the faces of staff, customers when the bailiffs turned up at the branch
    It was so funny

I agree entirely. No faffing about asking for the money or complaining to the BPA. Go straight for the jugular. You owe me £10. You have got 1 week to pay me or it will cost you a lot more.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Gin_and_Milk
    Options
    Thanks for your help folks and sorry I didn't reply sooner.
    Guess what arrived in the post this morning?!
    Husband was a bit disappointed tbh, he was all ready for another fight, but personally I'm relieved.
    I'm surprised the cheque was from Gladstones though, I thought it would come directly from MB.
    Now let's see if it bounces!
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    MB were probably so ^&*(ed off they made gladstones pay it
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    time to buy a new wall frame ;)

well done

Ralph:cool:
  • heidim76
    heidim76 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I'm about to go through this myself - court date is set for May. Gladstones have paid the hearing fee according to the court.
    I've sent you a PM Gin & Milk rather than hijacking your thread.
  • Gin_and_Milk
    Options
    Well is there nothing Gladstones et al won't do?!
    Last week husband paid the cheque for costs into his account and this morning we got a letter from the bank alongside the cheque stamped 'PAYMENT STOPPED'. Now it's only for £10 but for us that's not the point and I don't know why Gladstones have stopped the payment, but the cheque was definitely issued by them albeit later than the judge said.
    I am going to email them, not sure about including MB in that email too, but does anyone know of any legislation I can refer to in my email as I'm loathe to go through the courts to get it back as money is a bit tight at the moment. Any other advice would be gratefully received too!

Thanks
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Well is there nothing Gladstones et al won't do?!
    Last week husband paid the cheque for costs into his account and this morning we got a letter from the bank alongside the cheque stamped 'PAYMENT STOPPED'. Now it's only for £10 but for us that's not the point and I don't know why Gladstones have stopped the payment, but the cheque was definitely issued by them albeit later than the judge said.
    I am going to email them, not sure about including MB in that email too, but does anyone know of any legislation I can refer to in my email as I'm loathe to go through the courts to get it back as money is a bit tight at the moment. Any other advice would be gratefully received too!

Thanks

WHAT ????

You need Gladstones to tell you why they stopped the cheque and they need to be warned that their failure to abide by the courts ruling, you will instruct the court for a warrant of execution to collect the money which will include further costs of £110
    The court will not be impressed with this.

First, Gladstones must explain to you within 7 days why ?
  • Gin_and_Milk
    Options
    Thanks beamerguy.
    I have a feeling their response will be to refer me to Minster Baywatch which is why I wondered whether or not I should include them in my email? I was surprised that the cheque was issued by GS in the first place, given that MB was the claimant, but there you go.

I know that chasing this up might seem petty to some, but they were more than happy to put me through the wringer over £1.50, so I don't see why they should expect any different from me!
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Thanks beamerguy.
    I have a feeling their response will be to refer me to Minster Baywatch which is why I wondered whether or not I should include them in my email? I was surprised that the cheque was issued by GS in the first place, given that MB was the claimant, but there you go.

I know that chasing this up might seem petty to some, but they were more than happy to put me through the wringer over £1.50, so I don't see why they should expect any different from me!

But Gladstones sent the cheque from their own account so there was a good reason for this.
    You must get to the bottom of this because someone has to pay and follow the court instructions

This is not petty, this is principle and you are right
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport