Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 2 - Groundhog Day

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all :coffee: It was indeed a double coffee morning this morning and I'm now just enjoying a sneaky ice lolly during my free and before I'm on duty at break time. I'm really pleased to have made it to the last day of this half term and am looking forward to a little bit of r&r over the next week. Even though we have a couple of days away. Fingers crossed.
    Sorry I'm so moany on here. I figure it's my diary and I should be able to say what I want. But this half term has been particularly stressful and tiring for me. More so than I remember in previous years. Still, summer is not a million miles away and the nicer weather always helps to improve things (well - not my sleeping patterns, but it's hard to be grumpy when it's so lovely outside)... I'm just hoping that it hangs on into next week.
    I don't think I have much to report really. I'll be back on later, maybe celebrating the end of term with a cheeky bucks fizz or something as I don't have to get up for any football run tomorrow.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    You moan as much as you like, it's your prerogative on your diary after all :)

Enjoy the ice lolly :D
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Say what you like Cat.

I am sorry DS keeps saying unkind things. I can't remember but he has before hasn't he.

How expensive as well for DDs kit!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Good morning all :coffee:
    How typical that on a day where I didn't have to get up early I woke up earlier than I normally do during the week. Half term is here :j
    You're right about ds Bob - he has a really bad temper when he goes, and he's still a bit young to properly figure out how to deal with it. I think it's going to get him into trouble though so we're working hard on trying to keep him calm. I had a run in last night when a gang of about 8 kids set upon him when he was walking home from his friend's house. There's been an ongoing issue with kids from further up the street for ages (years) and they always chase him and hit him. He gives as good as he gets but I'm getting a bit fed up of defending him when he goes and winds them up. However, last night he was walking home from his friend's (friend's mam watches from their house and I watch from ours) and about 8 of them surrounded him. He tried to push one of them out of the way and another one kicked him. :mad: so I went round to speak to his parents. They told me that perhaps ds shouldn't be in 'their street' even though I explained that he was walking home (on his own) rather than playing and shouldn't be set on by a gang of bigger kids. Basically they backed their own kid up, as I would expect, but I'd seen this for myself. I'm not sure what to do next because I don't want to stop ds seeing his friend but they can't seem to get between houses without running into these kids. I've tried all reasonable stuff and it's not getting any better, and ds doesn't really help himself either. Looks as though I'm going to have to walk him there and back from now on. I definitely don't want to keep him in but how can I keep him away from the other kids in the street? And how can I get him to just ignore these other kids when they do run into each other? One more thing that I can't be bothered to have to deal with at the moment...
    It's dh's birthday today - not sure whether we'll see him or not but fingers crossed. There are cards and gifts in the kitchen for him. Hopefully he'll be feeling ok - he seemed ok last night.
    Other than that I'm going to enjoy the sun before the storms arrive this afternoon - I also have tutoring, which is way less hassle without the football. DS has fallen out of love with playing football and wants to leave his team (which is ok with me if that's what he wants). I just want a quiet life, as usual ;)
    Right - time for me to head off to bestie's house for our morning coffee and catch up. See you all later.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    God how worrying! I can't believe it. Surely an issue for the Safer Neighbourhood team? I don't know if that's a national thing but we have that in London. They are police but it's more about liaison between parties and working on improving relations. Your son doesn't deserve to be scared and intimidated in his own street!

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Thanks Bob - luckily I didn't have much to deal with yesterday as ds spent most of the day with bestie's son, and then the rain came so nobody was out and about. I'm going to start evidence gathering - videos and photos - so that I can go to the police if need be. I'm fairly sure that we have a neighbourhood policing team so that will be the next step I reckon.
    Yesterday was fairly quiet in the end. DH didn't get up until after 3pm. I actually give up. I know that he's ill but I don't know why I always have to feel so responsible for his health. I have my own anxiety and mental health issues to deal with as well as being a parent and having a full time job and keeping the house running. I know I need to be sympathetic to his health but it's so very hard not to take it personally. Yesterday was his birthday and he couldn't have been less bothered about his presents etc. He just looked really p***ed off and in a huff. Fairly sure he's not but it doesn't feel fair - especially to the kids. He stayed up really late into the night drinking and woke me up coming to bed at 4am and I couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up. That means that we're unlikely to see him today before late afternoon so there's another day lost. I'm not sure what else I can do - he's reluctant to help himself and I need him to take some responsibility for his health. Ugh. I hate this situation so much and we just seem to keep coming back to it. I need to focus back onto me and the kids for the moment and leave him to it. We have a couple of days away together on Tuesday (without dh) so we'll see if a break does us any good. Hopefully it will help me refresh myself and I'll feel less run down with the situation.
    DS stayed out last night at bestie's house and I have to go collect him in an hour or so, then we're off to see my mam. We're desperate for grocery shopping and I've been waiting for dh to come and do it with us but I'm starting to suspect that isn't going to happen so might go and do it with the kids today.
    Right, time for a cuppa :coffee: - have a good one everyone :D
  • Bobarella
    Options
    So sorry your husband is slipping back into old ways. You are quite right to feel fed up of trying to pull someone else along for the ride. It's exhausting.

You will be ok Cat. Sometimes you can't see the how, but you are a strong person and I know you will find a way to make it right for you and the children.

• erin_transport
    Options
    Hi CCL
    If you fancy a read, the AA do a booklet called 'detaching with love'. It's really helpful in the fact that they know where you are coming from and that they acknowledge the strain you're under with the burden of responsibility of the day-to-day tasks and family etc plus love for a non functional partner. Useful read if you can get it.
    On a mission!

2018 & 2019 MFW #138

On babystep2 (#DR)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Thanks for that Erin - I will look into it. I have an incredible amount of guilt because I do love him to bits but find it so difficult.
    Yesterday descended into chaos very quickly indeed once ds got home - he was in an absolutely terrible mood and within about 5 minutes he was grounded and I had forced dh out of bed so that me and dd could go to my mam's without him. It was a difficult day and I was quite tearful by the time 6pm ticked round. Then dh announced he was going out 'for a drive' and disappeared for 5 hours. I hope that it has helped him to feel a bit better.
    Today it is chucking it down with rain so we are unlikely to be doing much. We are completely desperate for a proper grocery shop though, so I intend to get that done today. It's been literally months since the 4 of us went supermarket shopping together with a list so we need to make sure that gets done. I will leave it until lunchtime and offer dh the option of coming with us but if I can't get him up we'll go without him.
    Also need to pack a bag. Me and the kids are going to Alton Towers for a couple of days tomorrow and Wednesday with bestie and her ds. We won't need much so a little bag each will do - but the car is desperate for sorting and cleaning out. Was going to do it today but the weather may not permit it. We'll see. Looking forward to a bit of a break and some time away from everyday life - although I always miss the cats when we're gone :o
    Exam marking proper starts today as well so I'm setting aside a couple of hours today so that I can do that. Need to pace myself as I have a lot of exam marking this season. Good job I enjoy it so much.
    Obviously the house is still a mess, and obviously I will be doing the bare minimum that I can get away with. :D
    Have a good day all :coffee:
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Enjoy your break cat hope the change if scenery does you good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure