Car hire in Houston Texas fir 2 ppl with insurance

Options
Hi guys

I have been trying to look for information on this and I am unable to find specific answers to my queries. Please help if you can?

I am travelling to Houston this December for a couple of weeks so spend time with family. Can't do anything there without a car. I need to hire a car for 2 weeks so myself and my wife can drive it. We have UK drivers licenses.

I have seen car hire options but none of them have insurance added onto the rental. It's always an add on at collection point. I don't want to take the risk of a huge hit on insurance on collection. I can't tell how much insurance will be.

Can you kind people please share your experiences on what the best and cheapest way would be to hire a car for 2 people on UK licenses, with insurance cover?

Many thanks

Comments

• blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    5abi wrote: »
    Hi guys

I have been trying to look for information on this and I am unable to find specific answers to my queries. Please help if you can?

I am travelling to Houston this December for a couple of weeks so spend time with family. Can't do anything there without a car. I need to hire a car for 2 weeks so myself and my wife can drive it. We have UK drivers licenses.

I have seen car hire options but none of them have insurance added onto the rental. It's always an add on at collection point. I don't want to take the risk of a huge hit on insurance on collection. I can't tell how much insurance will be.

Can you kind people please share your experiences on what the best and cheapest way would be to hire a car for 2 people on UK licenses, with insurance cover?

Many thanks

Not sure where you've been looking (USA sites? )but UK brokers always include insurance.

Have a look at this Topic
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    As stated by blindman, uk brokers and the uk sites of car hire companies all include insurance.
    If you go to the US sites, they often don't. Just make sure you use uk sites and check the terms of the booking.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure