Transfer Test AQE 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Mr_Bun
    Mr_Bun Posts: 339 Forumite
    Options
    Found out what S.A.S. means-Symphony Assessment System.
    This is the computer based assessments that they do each year.
  • Scarletlady_2
    Options
    Mummyglam wrote: »
    To Inzane Mummy, sorry you did not have a good experience at Grosvenor when you left your form off. However, I suspect that Grosvenor are in a big shock about the cut off score as anybody else. Please I would look Perhaps they cannot say where your child is on the waiting list because there are still places but they are wanting to see how many applications come in, in the next week and look at the highest scores. I know it is hard to stay positive at this time but please do and continue to keep in contact with the schools. That is what I did a few years ago and eventually it paid off, but it was a long summer or me, I hope you do not have to wait so long.

To Scarletlady. I am a parent of a Grosvenor Child and it is a fantastic school. I am in total shock at the scores they have accepted. It has and I think will continue to be an excellent Grammar School. I do not know why people did not choose it this year. They have got a fantastic new Principal from January. Perhaps parents like to play wait and see when they hear of a new Principal taking over the school. However, I can say 100% The new Principal of Grosvenor is absolutely FANTASTIC. I think you would be hard pushed to find a better Principal. I too would like to hear from other parents who have children at Grosvenor to hear what they have to say, but I have nothing but praise for the school and my child did not start out at Grosvenor a few years back he started out at a different school, and I have absolutely no regrets moving my child and they have no regrets. They always wanted Grosvenor. Wait and see what happens next year, Grosvenor will be inundated with applications.

Thanks for the info. I had considered Grosvenor in the choice between Methody. I have spoken to many parents and all says grosvenor are very good academically. The latter was chosen in view of distance from school with all thing being equal and child's preference due to friends.
  • flymetothemoon_2
    Options
    Hi m-u-m

Have you had any luck with Antrim Grammar?
    Did they tell you their cut off (excluding SC cases)?
  • Eastbelfast_mum
    Options
    Hi inzane_mummy, is Campbell told you what no. Your son on the waiting list? What do you thing the chance are?
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And they will close more if they can I am so worried already for my son for next year I doubt he will get the high score needed for our local grammar the whole Education sector is a mess��
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • Eastbelfast_mum
    Eastbelfast_mum Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 28 May 2015 at 2:28PM
    Options
    Hi BOBS,That's my situation at the moment.
  • thestack
    thestack Posts: 47 Forumite
    edited 28 May 2015 at 2:43PM
    Options
    Cherryscone - try not to worry if you look up the ETI inspection on your local schools you may find local secondary schools equally as good if not better than the local grammar - I did.
  • Co_Down_mum
    Co_Down_mum Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    And they will close more if they can I am so worried already for my son for next year I doubt he will get the high score needed for our local grammar the whole Education sector is a mess��

Cherryscone - whatever you do - decide the school order you want - do not be driven by previous scores. The example with Grosvenor this year shows that you really never know what could happen. Whoever thought that the score would come down to 76. Many parents were put off by the previous high scores and have lost out on a place. So please go with whatever order you want regardless of the history of the scores. Then at least you will know you did all you could.
  • Co_Down_mum
    Co_Down_mum Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Hi BOBS,That's my situation at the moment.

I really feel for you and hope that you get this resolved. Keep the pressure onto all of the schools. But also remember it is possible to havethe child transfer during 1st year or onwards. Hope you get somewhere sorted soon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure