BT Broadband, Phone and TV cashback deal

Options

Comments

• ghost_rider
    ghost_rider Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    snook wrote: »
    I signed up for Bt Infinity on the £150 pre paid MasterCard and £50 cash back 15/4/17. It went live yesterday and I went to claim vis My BT and it says I am not eligible to claim. I followed the link from MSE which took me to BT .com and complied with the instructions given. Phoned Bt to query it and they admit its a mistake regarding the MasterCard and I should get it. BT deny any knowledge of the cash back offer. I didn't keep a screen shot of the deal and don't know where to find proof of it as the deal has now ended. Anyone else had a problem with this?

Signed up to the same deal, same day, and same result it said I am not eligible to claim, (Broadband is now live),so looks like I will have to contact BT, Did you call a particular number/department? or just customer services?
    When I try to claim the cashback it asks me for an order number beginning with AJM, but mine starts with BTC, did anyone else have the same problem, or find a solution? Love to hear from anyone about this

I have exactly the same problem. I have contacted BT through the LIVE CHAT and literally got nowhere. After reading this thread I can't believe that MSE are still touting the deals.
  • OnlyAlan
    OnlyAlan Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Mister_G wrote: »
    Certainly 6km from the exchange would give ADSL speeds of 1Mb.
    Did the BT checker say if FTTC (VDSL) was available?
    Do you know how far you are from the cabinet, and if it is fibre enabled?
    I had a similar situation where being 5km from the exchange and having 1Mb ADSL speed. Fortunately they put fibre to our cabinet in last year and, although being 1.5km from the cabinet, I do get a very reliable 18Mb on VDSL.

These days, there's not usually much difference in price between ADSL and FTTC (VDSL).

Fibre is available, and I have just spoken to BT about it:

I currently pay £24.49 per month (inc line rental) and have just paid £49.49 for a DSL modem.
    To upgrade to fibre will cost £42.99 per month plus £59.99 upfront.
    So, over their minimum term of 18 months I will have shelled out £518.99 more than my original deal.

So it is either pay £500+ more or stay with a virtually unusable service. Some choice.

I will now look into their 'handback criteria' cos I feel I am being 'taken for a ride'.
    Money may not buy happiness .. but it lets you be miserable in comfort.
  • plugiinbaby
    Options
    I placed an order on 18/4/2017 when there was the offer of a £150 Mastercard cash reward card and £50 cashback. BT was activated on Monday so I have filled ou the £50 cashback form. However, the Mastercard claim link says I am not eligible for a reward. I see from the posts on here that I am not the only one. I have just used BT's live chat and spoke to a very helpful agent who took my order and account details and passed them on to an offline claim team. I have just received an email from BT customer care stating that my £150 reward card has been claimed and should arrive within 30 days. So I would recommend this route to anyone else having trouble with the online claim link!
  • charlysays
    Options
    Went live with the BT Broadband & line package on 28/4/17 expecting to be able to claim my £150 in rewards then. For over two weeks the claim link informs me I'm not eligible. The online chat help has informed me first that I will receive a call in a few days (still waiting after 17 days) The second chat handler tells me I have to wait 45 days and then make the claim (wrong) When pushed they said they'd resolve it. The third attempt asks me to be patient and that it will be resolved. Of course it hasn't been. Call me cynical but by making this reward claim excessively difficult to complete many people will give up. I mean have you actually attempted to find the claim link? It's not easily discovered. Heaven help anyone not too savvy on a computer. I expect BT to say at some stage that 'we're a victim of our own success in offering a very attractive deal.' That would wash with a small company but BT? Appalling
  • OnlyAlan
    OnlyAlan Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    For your convenience - and anyone else in our situation - here is the MSE archive relsting to this BT deal.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips/15-03-2017/

Hope it helps.
    Money may not buy happiness .. but it lets you be miserable in comfort.
  • annasun
    annasun Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    won't accept my code when entered. says im not allowed to use it.

also i copied it but never got an email with code on it and so don't have it.

what to do next?

thanks
  • CatD16
    CatD16 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I AM TRYING TO FIND A COPY OF A DEAL THAT WAS ON YOUR WEBSITE AROUND 20 MARCH ( I THINK THE CLOSING DATE WAS AROUND THEN TOO.)
    This was for BT broadband and phone at £23 month for 12 months.
    There was a cashback/voucher for £200 and one for £35/40? included.
    I need to have a copy of exact details as this doesn't show on their order confirmation.
    I have raised a complaint as they have totally messed this up.
    I have 2 phone lines at home, one was with Virgin for home phone and broadband which is the line I wanted to change to BT to save money. The other is BT broadband and Vodaphone phone line ( originally BT) which is my work number. BT in their infinite wisdom transferred my home number to the work line ( knocked off the work number) and as far as I know the work broadband is still on same line, but Virgin Broadband line is dead. I am so tired and frustrated with the whole thing. My work ( Government) are none too pleased either as no-one can call me on the work number ( as this is now my home number) and they are in talks with Vodaphone on how to restore this. BT said they could send an engineer to install a new line ( at cost of £130) which no way am I paying. Their engineer is coming tomorrow but I am not confident they will fix this properly and really not sure I want to have a contract with them. I have wasted hours on phone and in e mails. I have the funny feeling that they are treating this as a new order and I won't benefit from the Martins Money Tips deal ( £23 for 12 mths with £200 and £35/£40 cashback/vouchers, so I need to find the web page with this info. I need to save money as I am really struggling. Can you help?
  • were
    were Posts: 632 Forumite
    Options
    annasun wrote: »
    won't accept my code when entered. says im not allowed to use it.

also i copied it but never got an email with code on it and so don't have it.

what to do next?
    Phone them up. They confirmed I an not currently with them. Confirmed that I have not been with them in the last 12 months. Then confirmed I has no outstanding finance with them, or unpaid services, and at the end they wanted about £270, to which I claimed £124. He told me to look at the mse link which I did not see even after looking more than once on the page, but my mouse found it, fill out the page and it generated a code on the screen which I read to the guy and he was happy with. Our conversation ended...

Under this screen number there was a Continue??? button, and on pressing this found it did not work and lost the page. However I took a photo of the conformation number with my camera while it was on the screen, and got sky emails through today too.
  • Coveredinbees!!!!
    Options
    I signed up on 15th April, I'm sure it was £200 mastercard and 50 cash back. I claimed the master card but it says £150 but the cash back element they say the cheque will be sent with in 45 days, is this the right deal (£150 not £200) and do they just send the cash back with out it being claimed. So confused as I basically had no interent when I signed up to BT.
    Nothing to see here, move along.
  • dreamypuma
    dreamypuma Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received a text message and email on 5th May advising that my Rewards Mastercard would be with me within 30 days. The clock ticking and still no sign of it yet.

So has anyone who signed up to a BT Broadband contract in April, actually got their Mastercard reward card yet?
    My farts hospitalize small children :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport