2for1 Zoo entry with Kellogg's

Options

Comments

• davetrousers
    Options
    bluenose1 wrote: »

It's Rice Krispies for me. They were 10% sugar

... and the rest is air, lol!

Does anyone know if this offer is on the slightly 'healthier' cereals such as bran flakes?

• moneysaves_2
    Options
    I e-mailed Drayton Manor Theme Park & Zoo.
    You can use the voucher to enter the theme park as well because there isn't a seperate entrance. The biggest saving I think out of all the zoo choices. £23.00 for an adult.
    The said you can use it from
  • moneysaves_2
    Options
    15th March 08 until 2nd November 08

The voucher cannot be used on Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday or any other Bank Holiday Monday.

(Sorry its in two parts, I posted it before i'd finished)
  • Carmina_Piranha_3
    Options
    Does anyone know if this offer is on the slightly 'healthier' cereals such as bran flakes?

i don't think so - the website only mentions the 4 - cornflakes, frosties, coco pops and rice krispies.

but if you want the zoo ticket it's probably worth the cost of cereal you won't use - especially if you buy it on special. or you could buy the tickets on ebay, 90p each at the moment.
    'bad mothers club' member 13

* I have done geography as well *
  • Father_Christmas
    Options
    sarahrjfr wrote: »
    How much are the frosties?

£1.63 BOGOF in somerfield
    Am i here to save money or spend money......hmmmmm
  • lynthepoet
    Options
    I ASK ALL OF YOU TO RECONCIDER TAKING YOUR KIDS TO ZOO'S, ANIMALS BELONG IN THE WILD AND NOT FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT. THESE POOR CREATURES ARE KEPT IN SOME VERY BAD CONDITIONS AT TIMES AND US GOING AND PAYING TO SEE THEM WILL CONTINUE WITH THEIR SUFFERING? Sorry didn't see caps on. I spent time last year rescuing 3 lions from a french zoo with Born free one sadly didn't make it. Please guys take the kids elsewhere and make sure they know that animals belong in the wild not in cages. Come on martain where is your compassion for animals we don't need to add to their suffering, free days out to the park or beach is far more rewarding x all the best guys lyn
  • sluggy1967
    Options
    lynthepoet wrote: »
    I ASK ALL OF YOU TO RECONCIDER TAKING YOUR KIDS TO ZOO'S, ANIMALS BELONG IN THE WILD AND NOT FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT. THESE POOR CREATURES ARE KEPT IN SOME VERY BAD CONDITIONS AT TIMES AND US GOING AND PAYING TO SEE THEM WILL CONTINUE WITH THEIR SUFFERING? Sorry didn't see caps on. I spent time last year rescuing 3 lions from a french zoo with Born free one sadly didn't make it. Please guys take the kids elsewhere and make sure they know that animals belong in the wild not in cages. Come on martain where is your compassion for animals we don't need to add to their suffering, free days out to the park or beach is far more rewarding x all the best guys lyn

This is precisely what worries me. I'm really not sure I can visit a zoo with a clear conscience............
  • Hopelesswithmoney
    Options
    moneysaves wrote: »
    I e-mailed Drayton Manor Theme Park & Zoo.
    You can use the voucher to enter the theme park as well because there isn't a seperate entrance. The biggest saving I think out of all the zoo choices. £23.00 for an adult.
    The said you can use it from

Does anyone know when the new Thomas Land is opening at Drayton Manor?
    Hopeless by name, hopeless by nature.
  • sailoil
    Options
    Lynn, you need to distinguish between the good zoos and the bad ones. The Zoos selected by Kellogg's for the promotion all seem to be of the good modern variety. That is, they are based on the model designed by Gerald Durell in Jersey, to provide a safe haven for endangered species, and a captive breeding program for animals that are threatened in the wild. If we did not have these Zoos we would continue to lose species. The success of these zoos is seen in the fact that they are now beginning to release animals back into the wild, into specially conserved areas.

If we followed your advice we would starve these worthy institutions of much needed funds and threaten the future of animals.

When you rescued the lions, where did you put them?
    Sailoil
  • stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Hmmm? Caps lock just 'happened' to be on did it.......lucky you noticed just after you made your headline statement then....

And how many of us can take our kids to Africa to see animals in the wild then??

Granted that their are some bad zoo's, but UK zoo's are generally of a higher standard than our continental cousins.

No mention of the vital work zoo's do in ensuring species don't become extict, promoting awareness of diminishing habitats, capturing a young minds interest in animals that might lead to a lifetime of animal loving (maybe I need to shout about this in capitals?)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure