mutualpoints

Options

Comments

• funnyguy
    funnyguy Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    Options
    I too noticed the reduction in mutual points today.....but I have just joined this new cashback site..https://www.cashback-rewards.co.uk and it is the best of the lot for daily clicks..I have already received over £5 worth in my first week..as well as getting £5 for joining. the daily clicks are for 30p/20p/10p/5p and their are several of the smaller ones..plus you get extra points that you can exchange for cash..you could easily earn over £250 for christmas..
  • Edna_Bucket_2
    Options
    Curious. Talking of the reduction in those daily points (Kelkoo, etc) at MP, I note that we have one family account that shows the reduced amount and another person still getting 20 a day.

The only difference I can see is the person on reduced points has "cashed out" in the past, and the other person hasn't.

Do you all think there might be a connection there?
  • lyniced
    lyniced Posts: 1,880 Forumite
    Options
    I have used mutualpoints for quite a few years now and they are very good - however it takes time to build up enough points for a reward. For a quicker return on your spending use pigsback.com - although they have a limited number of 'partners' - its all swings and roundabouts I guess!
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni
  • remrats
    remrats Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Am wondering just what has happened with Mutual Points. I've had disagreements with them about points not being added, though I do the regular ones, Pricerunner, Kelkoo etc. every day. Also, last time I had a payment due it came through promptly. This time it has now taken 3 weeks, although the points have been takenfrom my account. Their bargain section hasn't been changed since Christmas - when it was very useful. Anyone else with these problems? (By the way, I am not getting answers to e-mails at present, which is most unusual).
  • IHateDida
    IHateDida Posts: 1,670 Forumite
    Options
    Yep! I tried to chase up points last week - this is the reply I got:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

Please note that there is no problem with the merchant Pricerunner and Searchtheinternet.However, they are famous for rewarding real soon or later in bulk.May I request you to kindly wait for a week and check if the
    points are allocated into your account at the merchant's request. In case if they are not, please mail me along with the number of missing points so that I could investigate into this for you.

Regards Searchtheinternet, to ensure that you are rewarded for your 2 searches, you would need to go through one of our links on two separate occasions to be rewarded rather than clicking out 2 times through the one link. (this is applicable for Pricerunner too.)

Thank you for your patience."

So unless you keep a tally of what you have clicked on each day - chasing up is a nightmare! I've noticed its become worse in the last couple of months - taking me ages to reach the £20 payout at the minute!
  • ianonline
    ianonline Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    these are a great site however there are two different versions one which has higher rewards but you need 15000 to redeem and the other which i am with which is 3000 to redeem howver the points are lower. hope this helps
    yeah, I've always found it strange that they run the two sites in parallel with different earning/redemption rates. When the two companies came together back in 2003, I emailed them asking for my two separate accounts to be merged into one - I'm still waiting for a reply:eek:

I think confusion has reigned ever since and the issue over redemption limits etc keeps cropping up:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=1139388&postcount=38
  • remrats
    remrats Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Since I wrote about my shortage of points, and delay in getting £25, 2 days ago I received the cheque, and today I heard that they are crediting my account with 295 points for Kelkoo,Buy Central and Search the Internet.So, Keep pestering, and hope for the best.
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    kirstielou wrote:

It takes a while to mount up but you can earn 3000 points every 6 weeks which is £20. Cheques arrive in about 5 working days.

Great Site

please tell me how, i have been a member of them for 3 just about 3 years and am only just about to hit my first 3000. i get their emails and open all the 5point ones, i used them for buying, and found a lot of places never tracked. they havent been helpful either for tracking queries ime.
  • Edna_Bucket_2
    Options
    I suspect it makes a real difference if you are on the "old" version of the MP site and getting 20 points per Pricerunner search and the others, as opposed to the "new" version getting 5. By my quick reckoning that's about 140 points/day as opposed to 35 - that would soon make a difference!

See discussion earlier in thread.
  • ianonline
    ianonline Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I suspect it makes a real difference if you are on the "old" version of the MP site and getting 20 points per Pricerunner search and the others, as opposed to the "new" version getting 5. By my quick reckoning that's about 140 points/day as opposed to 35 - that would soon make a difference!

See discussion earlier in thread.
    As I understand it, the redemption values take into account the respective earning rates so it makes no difference overall :think:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=1139388&postcount=38
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport