Experian vs. Equifax

Options

Comments

• empfun
    empfun Posts: 608 Forumite
    Options
    I would like to add Sky Card to the Equifax search list.
    I know nothing
  • danjaq2004
    danjaq2004 Posts: 361 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to everyone in this thread for their help and advise. This week I got my Cahoot cards this week - much sooner than my one from Capital One.

I was accepted and got my Capital One card earlier this week - took almost three weeks to arrive. Really don't think much to their customer service, which transfers to some godforsaken part of the world somewhere where no one speaks very much English!

Rate is crap at 29ish% APR which won't matter as I will be paying back in full each month.

No deposit required and a reasonable credit limit.

Thanks for peoples' advise, which all helped me obtain 2 credit cards.
  • mh
    mh Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hi people - first post - ;D

My problem with experian and equifax is quite simply frustrating! AAAAAAH!

My address is formatted differently on experians database (theve put my flat number as the building number) than on equifax's and all the automated systems when you apply online. So it doesnt show up with these companys that im on the electoral role unless the company is using equifax! I applied for a halifax one card using the wrong address - knowing that they use experian and i got one straight away even though ive had real problems getting credit!

I have contacted experian and they say they are right and everyone else is wrong! can you believe it! My local councils electoral role department agree with me and equifax but experian wont budge!

im so cross!

I've had a similar problem too. I've been in contact with experian numerous times because I got turned down for a current account. Although I was on the electoral role, experian didn't have a record of this because of the way in which they store the address. I've since tried to ammend the situation through numerous phone calls, only to have the same problem a few weeks later when I tried again. I dont have any bad credit history either which is really frustrating, and I'm really cross too, because I have 2 resufed cridit searches because of their error. And Neither bank are willing to remove these searches either! Anybody else had the same problem?
  • Angelbud
    Angelbud Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Any updates on these searches?
    Recently applied for Cahoot and If - both searches done with Experian and not equifax!

Any others with Equifax?
  • danjaq2004
    danjaq2004 Posts: 361 Forumite
    Options
    Angelbud wrote:
    Recently applied for Cahoot and If - both searches done with Experian and not equifax!

Any others with Equifax?

That's odd, I was told that Cahoot used Equifax, hense me getting accepted by them. I have not looked at my credit reports for a few months, see no need now as got the cards I wanted, but when I do, I'll see who Cahoot searched with for me.
  • Angelbud
    Options
    I was annoyed really as I called IF to check if they still used Equifax as I only wanted to go ahead if they did (done 2 searches recently on Experian) ...they assured me they only use Equifax???? after being declined I checked my Experian and there it was - nothing on Equifax :mad:

Do MBNA use equifax anyone?
  • Imperfect_One
    Options
    Angelbud wrote:

Any others with Equifax?

I too applied for Cahoot and the refusal letter was referring to Experian.
  • Angelbud
    Options
    Hi

Still looking for a card company that only search equifax for the credit check?

Any help - cheers!
  • crazyfj
    crazyfj Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I applied to marbles for a card two months ago and they only used equifax.

fj
  • seaniboy
    seaniboy Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    Options
    das is good ya....bump
    If I helped or saved you money - Thank me
    If I helped you spend some money - spank me
    If I done both - :lipsrseal me:eek:
    :D
    ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors