Top Cash ISAs Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• renard_2
    renard_2 Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks for the advice, KingL.

There is another thing I hope someone can help with.

Do Intelligent Finance use the Faster Payments Service for transfers between a cash ISA and the holder's current account? My current account is with NatWest, and I would hope to have swift transfers of funds.
  • leaphaze
    leaphaze Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    renard wrote: »
    Many thanks for the advice, KingL.

There is another thing I hope someone can help with.

Do Intelligent Finance use the Faster Payments Service for transfers between a cash ISA and the holder's current account? My current account is with NatWest, and I would hope to have swift transfers of funds.

Intelligent Finance are part of HBOS and I know that Halifax support Faster Payments Service so I would expect Intelligent Finance to as well. I've sent them a secure message asking to confirm this. I'll let you know what they say. Also be aware that some institutions have a sending limit beyond which the transfer is done via BACS. I don't know whether NatWest have a limit.
    Wearing my other one today.
  • renard_2
    renard_2 Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    leaphaze wrote: »
    Intelligent Finance are part of HBOS and I know that Halifax support Faster Payments Service so I would expect Intelligent Finance to as well. I've sent them a secure message asking to confirm this. I'll let you know what they say. Also be aware that some institutions have a sending limit beyond which the transfer is done via BACS. I don't know whether NatWest have a limit.

That is very kind of you. It never occurred to me to ask them direct - which perhaps shows how dependent on MSE I have become! :o
  • leaphaze
    Options
    Reply from IF:

A decision has made not to introduce Faster Payments to IF at this time. The rescheduling of switching on the service will be reviewed as part of planning the future change programmes.

Our customer offering is regularly reviewed and we will be monitoring the industry progress of this service.We are deferring the roll out of FPS on to the IF current and savings accounts to enable us to use the industry's and HBOS' experience to shape our customer proposition.

Guess that's a no, then!
  • hushpuppy
    Options
    Hi all,

I have decided to invest in a cash ISA and following Martins advice Bank of Cyprus seem to have the best one at the moment. I wish to invest £400 per month but I'm not sure if this account lets you do monthly payments or a one off lump sum. I'm sorry to ask but I have tried to find out the answer on the website but really struggling to do so.

Can anyone help, or even suggest a better Cash ISA?

Thanks
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ..... wow what a Ride!
  • tashalove
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I tried to apply for a Cash ISA at IF but it wanted me to apply for a Savings Jar first. How long did it take you to receive the so called Welcome pack? And where do you get the cash jar number needed for the transfer? There doesn't seem to be much information and I haven't received any correspondence in the post yet.

If anyone can put me out of my misery that would be great :rolleyes:

thanks in advance!
  • leaphaze
    Options
    tashalove wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I tried to apply for a Cash ISA at IF but it wanted me to apply for a Savings Jar first. How long did it take you to receive the so called Welcome pack? And where do you get the cash jar number needed for the transfer? There doesn't seem to be much information and I haven't received any correspondence in the post yet.

If anyone can put me out of my misery that would be great :rolleyes:

thanks in advance!

Tash, it's been a few months since I applied for mine but I seem to remember it took about a week for the letter confirming the Jar number to arrive. It did seem an awfully long time at the time since I was desperate to move from providers with ultra-low rates, so I can appreciate your frustration.

You can download the transfer form from the internet and have it filled out ready for that final vital piece of info!
  • tashalove
    tashalove Posts: 144 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 September 2009 at 12:02AM
    Options
    leaphaze wrote: »
    Tash, it's been a few months since I applied for mine but I seem to remember it took about a week for the letter confirming the Jar number to arrive. It did seem an awfully long time at the time since I was desperate to move from providers with ultra-low rates, so I can appreciate your frustration.

You can download the transfer form from the internet and have it filled out ready for that final vital piece of info!

thanks leaphaze! i got the relevant forms in the post today so now for the Transfer part :D Oh they ask me for an initial deposit, do I still go ahead with this even though I am transferring my ISA?

And althought it doesn't ask in the covering letter, do I have to send proof of my identity and income? I received a mini booklet detailing the documents they require but I haven't actually been requested to provide this info. When I joined A&L ISA they didn't need any of this info. Can someone clarify please?
  • leaphaze
    Options
    thanks leaphaze! i got the relevant forms in the post today so now for the Transfer part :D Oh they ask me for an initial deposit, do I still go ahead with this even though I am transferring my ISA?

No, no need for an initial deposit if you're transferring, it's just a standard letter.
    And althought it doesn't ask in the covering letter, do I have to send proof of my identity and income? I received a mini booklet detailing the documents they require but I haven't actually been requested to provide this info. When I joined A&L ISA they didn't need any of this info. Can someone clarify please?

No, they don't always need this proof. Maybe you're already known to them through another company in the group.

Just get those forms in the post asap!
  • cordjam
    Options
    Hello.

I intend to use my ISA allowance this year for a stocks/shares ISA. However I also have some old cash ISAs which I want to transfer into higher interest accounts.

Can I open a new cash ISA account just to transfer old funds into, or will the new account then count against my allowance for the year?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure