Can I be forced to upload CV to Universal Jobmatch

Options
Signed up for JSA today and the advisor is expecting to see my CV uploaded onto the Universal Jobmatch.

Is there a legal requirement for me to do this. My CV was uploaded to some other job sites and since then I've received a number of sales calls.

I know I could use the TPS but I'm not wanting my private details available to whoever..!

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you want JSA, you need to do what the Jobcentre ask you to do. It's a reasonable request.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    Options
    Q*bert wrote: »
    Is there a legal requirement for me to do this.

Absolutely not - but then there's no legal requirement for them to pay you JSA

If you're worried about it get a free PAYG sim and dispose of it when you've found a job
  • andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    Options
    Just upload your CV and jump through hoops.
    If you donot then do expect a sanction - I think it is a c**p system, but sometimes you have to play by the rules.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    k3lvc wrote: »

If you're worried about it get a free PAYG sim and dispose of it when you've found a job

Sounds like a good idea. You should be able to pick up a cheap phone and then you can screen calls. Also set up an e-mail address specifically to tie in with the CV.
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    Signed up for JSA today and the advisor is expecting to see my CV uploaded onto the Universal Jobmatch.

Is there a legal requirement for me to do this. My CV was uploaded to some other job sites and since then I've received a number of sales calls.

I know I could use the TPS but I'm not wanting my private details available to whoever..!
    Unless it's changed uploading to Universal jobmatch does not send out your CV automatically, you still need to do that yourself.
  • Q*bert
    Q*bert Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thing is though..The job centre are claiming they lost my details...?

Can't be a rule for one and a rule for the other and that is my fault, having to sort their error and at the same time be threatened with action if i do not conform...

Come on
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thing is though..The job centre are claiming they lost my details...?

Can't be a rule for one and a rule for the other and that is my fault, having to sort their error and at the same time be threatened with action if i do not conform...

Come on

They can do what they like - and will.
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    If it's any consolation, I am just about to come off JSA. I uploaded my CV (but didn't give them access to my job searches) and haven't had a single phone call. And, to my amazement, there were a couple of jobs (at CEO level) listed on UJM which I didn't see anywhere else (I was short listed for both of them but now have a very satisfactory post elsewhere).
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    edited 15 September 2017 at 3:52PM
    Options
    You dont have to let your advisor see your Universal Jobmatch account but if you give them access they expect you to have a CV on and to make it public.

You wont be sanctioned if you dont let your work coach see your universal jobmatch account, but you'll have to show other evidence that you are jobseeking.
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    Your details arent seen by employers, only if you actually apply for a job.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure