Mind change to debt thanks to MSE forums!

Options

Comments

• RainbowBridgeReturns
    RainbowBridgeReturns Posts: 408 Forumite
    edited 28 January 2014 at 11:56AM
    Options
    It would be interesting to see how much those 0.45 p's add up to in a month.

I have checked out the Virgin Lounge and there is one not too far from me! Unfortunately, it is right next to Harvey Nichols and I am not sure I could bear the temptation. One wrong move in that shop and I am scuppered for the year.

I am waiting on my Waitrose card coming though, which apparently entitles me to free coffee in Waitrose and a coffee and cake for nought in John Lewis each month.

At this rate we will be having more coffee and cakes for free than we ever had to pay for. This is the life!
    "I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, and then it hit me". £9/£250
    Project Peacock - 2/33 - 1lb/7lb target.
    £6.00 a day challenge £118.77/£170
    Mtge debt includes car purchase - £46,381/ now £44,336 - Paid 4.4%
    Emergency Savings 550.00/£1000
  • sassychick2014
    Options
    Morning all

So, yesterday I went to the shops armed with my shopping list and came home with ONLY the things on my shopping list - yay go me!!

We also walked to school again this morning so that's another 45p for the pot, it's all building up.

Hope you all have a great day! x
    CC1: 10273.70/6892.56. CC2: 1000/832
    Cat1: PAID :j Cat 2: Paid :j Cat3: Paid :j Cat4: paid :j Family: paid :j CC3: paid :j M/A: Paid :j.
  • dottyanne
    dottyanne Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi sassy :)

You're doing really great and seem very focused, I need to be the same so will be subscribing :)
    Focusing on clearing the credit cards in 2018 :T
  • FinanciallyUnsavvy
    Options
    Hi hun!

Well done on all these walks to school you're doing! :j Those 45p's will quickly add up I bet. Are you counting the journeys to and from school separately (ie 90p a day) or just 45p each day?

Excellent news for going to the supermarket and getting only what was on your list! I *almost* did that last week, but succumbed to the ingredients of pina coladas- that set me back an extra £7. Oops! This week I certainly will do it - aiming for £25 :)

Hope you have a good day! x
  • sassychick2014
    Options
    Hey chick!

I'm only counting it as one way so it's 45p a trip. It's all adding up nicely & I'm not as knackered when I get home as I was last week so I'm guessing the excercise is good for me too! lol

With regards to the shopping, if you can't treat yourself now and again what's the point? At least you got pina colada ingredients & did it yourself (much more fun!) rather than buying pre-bought which is probably way more.

Have you found out about that job yet? Ooh, I'll have a look at your thread and see if you've put it on there.

Have a nice evening! x
    Cat1: PAID :j Cat 2: Paid :j Cat3: Paid :j Cat4: paid :j Family: paid :j CC3: paid :j M/A: Paid :j.
  • sassychick2014
    Options
    Hey Dottyanne

Thank you for your kind words. I'm so glad I appear to be focused as I'm rubbish and keep forgetting things. I have set up a few webpages on my browser so as soon as I go onto my laptop everything is there staring me in the face, silently nagging me to continue with what I'm doing!!

How are things going with you? I see you've been on here a lot longer than I have so are there any tips I should know!?

Have a great evening!
  • sassychick2014
    Options
    Ok, so today I'm really chuffed that I did some plumbing. I had a leaky trap from the washing machine that I wasn't sure if I could fix or need someone out to do it. Looked it up in the DIY book and found out what I need, took a pic of it and went to local DIY store and got what I needed for under a tenner. AND it's a smaller part too so it looks neater as well. Fixed it all up in mere minutes, put a wash on and no leakage. Am so unbelievably proud of myself it's unreal! Told a mate who said her plumber mate would've charged about £50 so theoretically I've saved myself £40 today - whoop whoop!!

I then made a "free" tea which is basically a left-over dinner but I don't like that phrase so have declared them free teas. It was only a pie - which I'd never made before - but I made it all from scratch. Because it's just me and my daughter I find I either have to pay more for less food or pay less and waste a lot of food. This really annoys me but is one of those things you can't change. I also got a free pudding as my mum brought round half a cake she bought - the theory being if she cut it in half and brought it here all the calories would escape and it wouldn't affect her diet. Totally bonkers but I'm all for it! lol

On that note I'm off for a cuppa & a slab, ahem, slice of cake. Hope you all have a good evening and speak tomorrow! :)
  • RainbowBridgeReturns
    Options
    Well done for doing the plumbing job yourself, that is seriously impressive and nothing beats a good home made pie. A very accomplished day!
    "I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, and then it hit me". £9/£250
    Project Peacock - 2/33 - 1lb/7lb target.
    £6.00 a day challenge £118.77/£170
    Mtge debt includes car purchase - £46,381/ now £44,336 - Paid 4.4%
    Emergency Savings 550.00/£1000
  • sassychick2014
    Options
    Hi Rainbow, can I call you Rainbow? lol :)

Missed your message the other day regarding Virgin lounge. My lappy's being very temperamental atm so doesn't always update everything when it's supposed to.

I didn't know Waitrose did that too. It sounds a good idea and I think I'll look into it. My mum works up the road from a John Lewis & pretty sure my dad's got one of their cards so I'll point her in that direction.

Yes, I was very happy and a tad smug with myself yesterday and even managed to not eat all the cake - yay!

Walked to school again this morning even though it was raining, A first in a long time! If we walk again tomorrow we will have saved £8.55 in January. Can't believe how it's added up so quickly and that's not even walking every day!

Have a good day! :)
  • sassychick2014
    Options
    Just paid another £5 into the Christmas fund so somehow I have managed to save Feb's share too. So chuffed!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure