IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Uk cpm

Options
Hi

I got a windscreen ticket about 3 weeks ago from UK CPM.

Just before sending them my initial appeal, I did not want to give out my details if they are not a BPA member

Upon checking I can't see that they are a BPA member but they are a member of IPC as far as I can tell. But on the ticket and UK CPM website they claim to be a part of BPA, can someone correct me please if I am wrong

Should I send the standard BPA initial appeal as in the sticky thread or should I wait for the NTK to arrive?

Many thanks

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,328 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They can be corporate members of both IPC and BPA, but only members of only one accredited operator scheme, the bit that allows them to get keeper details from the DVLA.

Wait for the NTK then send the IPC template. Well done on querying this before sending off an appeal. So many posters go off at half-c0ck and give away the driver's details.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • luke123456
    Options
    Got it!

Thanks very much I will wait of the NTK

Can I ask a question, I have appealed a few of these and always won at POPLA with all your help, but i can't remember is the POPLA code given with the NTK? Or Do I have to appeal after the NTK to then be given the POPLA code

Happy New Year!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    How do you manage to collect so many private parking tickets? We see you back here regularly with a new problem to deal with.

You really should be expert in handling these by now.
    Do I have to appeal after the NTK to then be given the POPLA code
    You won’t be getting any POPLA Code from UKCPM. And they are litigious, so you need to be getting yourself geared up for the possibility of dealing with court papers.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Car_Park_Management.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,328 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 December 2017 at 1:53PM
    Options
    You need to go back an read the NEWBIES thread if you think you will get a PoPLA code from an IPC company. The NEWBIES also tells you what to do if/when your initial appeal is rejected by an IPC company.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    luke123456 wrote: »
    Got it!

Thanks very much I will wait of the NTK

Can I ask a question, I have appealed a few of these and always won at POPLA with all your help, but i can't remember is the POPLA code given with the NTK? Or Do I have to appeal after the NTK to then be given the POPLA code

No POPLA, no win at appeal, no IAS, nothing is going to stop this steamroller, until they try court, and you beat them.

If this is at your flat where you live, I'd move. Seriously, I told two other posters the same thing this week. Having a PPC on site just isn't compatible with peaceful enjoyment of your property. Or was it elsewhere?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • luke123456
    Options
    Hi C-M

Thanks for the reply

So you're telling me that with UK CPM its going to court and it will get rejected at POPLA (if I get a POPLA code), to the extent that youre advising I move!

It's actually a family member who lives there...they have a parking permit but it slipped under the dashboard so it isn't visible but they have a parking space they rent out and pay for but they are still obliged to display their permit in their own designated bay that they pay for!

So in short, if It's going to court then would you say I should just pay it? It's my last resort if you would say it's going to court or I should best move home!

Thank you!
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    So you're telling me that with UK CPM its going to court and it will get rejected at POPLA
    POPLA doesn’t come into the equation. IPC operators (which UKCPM are one) have no connection whatsoever with POPLA. Forget anything in your head about POPLA.

It’s not ‘definitely going to court’, but it just might. No one knows only UKCPM whether they will issue proceedings.
    It's actually a family member who lives there
    So this isn’t your parking charge? But then the following doesn’t make sense.
    So in short, if It's going to court then would you say I should just pay it? It's my last resort if you would say it's going to court or I should best move home!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• luke123456
    Options
    Thanks Umkomaas!

It definitely isn't my charge, but a family member so I was just saying they should probably pay it if UK CPM are so notorious for going to court....

So if there's no POPLA in this equation- I suppose I make an initial appeal without admission of liability or submission of driver details?

Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    I was just saying they should probably pay it if UK CPM are so notorious for going to court
    Only your relative can make that decision. We would advise fighting it, but your relative will have to do quite a bit of work in researching how to deal with it, handling all the court documentation and ultimately a court appearance. I would suggest they didn’t do this through you, but they open a new thread of their own where direct questions can be answered and advice given to them, rather than through a third party, which is rarely a satisfactory method of doing this.

But you’re making an inaccurate assumption that this will definitely go to a court stage. All far too premature at this stage.

How to deal with an initial appeal to an IPC operator is detailed in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1.
    I suppose I make an initial appeal without admission of liability or submission of driver details?
    But you don’t make the appeal - your relative does. But await the NtK and see what that says.

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 31 December 2017 at 6:13PM
    Options

It definitely isn't my charge, but a family member so I was just saying they should probably pay it if UK CPM are so notorious for going to court....

You are not following any advice from this forum when you say that!

So if there's no POPLA in this equation- I suppose I make an initial appeal without admission of liability or submission of driver details?

Thanks

The Newbies FAQ thread tells you what to do initially when dealing with IPC companies
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure