The All NEW Countdown To Christmas 2016 Thread

Options

Comments

• crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Got another few presents bought. Doing quite well. Only a few to go. My niece wants a hooded towel for the beach for after they've been surfing (they go to Cornwall a few times a year and she's gotten into it). No clue where to buy them. I can find loads for babies and younger kids, but she's 8 now and growing up, so I can't exactly get a pink one or a Dora or princess anymore.

Dug my Christmas notebooks out and out fell a load of cutting for ideas for food and drinks I cut out over the years that I wanted to try. Going to go trough them this afternoon and see what there is and maybe plan a few dry runs..especially if they involve cake or chocolate.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • Kit1
    Kit1 Posts: 422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't believe Christmas is only months away.

I have bought and wrapped all my gifts :T (not usually this organised) so l just need to put them in family groups nearer the time and we are done because we are going away Christmas Day :j and can't wait.
    Stash Busting Challenge 2016 6/52
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Got another few presents bought. Doing quite well. Only a few to go. My niece wants a hooded towel for the beach for after they've been surfing (they go to Cornwall a few times a year and she's gotten into it). No clue where to buy them. I can find loads for babies and younger kids, but she's 8 now and growing up, so I can't exactly get a pink one or a Dora or princess anymore.

Dug my Christmas notebooks out and out fell a load of cutting for ideas for food and drinks I cut out over the years that I wanted to try. Going to go trough them this afternoon and see what there is and maybe plan a few dry runs..especially if they involve cake or chocolate.

Hi CCL,

Good for you, you will be done Christmas shopping in no time!

As long as I am done by November I will be happy, just trying to pick up odds & sods as I go so that it's not all coming out of one wage!

Seen some on here, just google hooded towel surfing, bring up a few options.

https://www.secretspot.co.uk/wetsuit-accessories/towels/

I really need to get myself a Christmas notebook, I am addicted slightly to stationary anyway so won't mind one more notebook to the collection :rotfl:

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Kit1 wrote: »
    I can't believe Christmas is only months away.

I have bought and wrapped all my gifts :T (not usually this organised) so l just need to put them in family groups nearer the time and we are done because we are going away Christmas Day :j and can't wait.

Hi Kit1,

Oh my goodness, you are organised! I thought I was doing well :p

Oh where are you off to then?

Dxxx
  • springdreams
    Options
    Hi lushlifesaver,

I think we have both found out happy place in this thread :D

Craft sets are always good to pick up when you can on a good deal.

Ohhhhh how exciting for your wedding, we just had our 5th anniversary - has gone by so quickly!

You are already quite organised for Christmas anyway by the sounds of it, this is the first year I have been trying to buy in & I am just loving it! Will be such a stress free December for us!

I love the sound of these printable Christmas planners, I am off to search online for them now!

I definitely think the next thread should start on Boxing day & I already can't wait for it :rotfl:

Dxxx

That is exactly what this Christmas chatter thread did ...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5383518

And they start a new Christmas thread on Boxing day each year :)
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Hi CCL,

Good for you, you will be done Christmas shopping in no time!

As long as I am done by November I will be happy, just trying to pick up odds & sods as I go so that it's not all coming out of one wage!

Seen some on here, just google hooded towel surfing, bring up a few options.

https://www.secretspot.co.uk/wetsuit-accessories/towels/

I really need to get myself a Christmas notebook, I am addicted slightly to stationary anyway so won't mind one more notebook to the collection :rotfl:

Dxxx

Ohh brilliant. Thanks. Surf towel it's called. I was looking for hooded. Makes it easier :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Fab CCL.

Aw excellent! Loving this thread already.

Dxxx
  • Kit1
    Kit1 Posts: 422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Kit1,

Oh my goodness, you are organised! I thought I was doing well :p

Oh where are you off to then?

Dxxx

We are off to Vegas to celebrate OH's Christmas Day birthday.
    Stash Busting Challenge 2016 6/52
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Aw fab!!!

Las Vegas is just one of the best places in the world, we went over in 2013. Loved it!!

If you are going to do any tours we would recommend Scoot City Tours, like a wee go-kart almost but they drive you out to Red Rock Canyon & the views are just spectacular.

Dxxx
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Very jealous. Amazing place. Love it to bits. Make sure you check out the indoor gardens at the Bellagio. They always make it up really nice for Christmas. Giant polar bears, Christmas trains, toy soldiers.. All made of thousands of flowers.
    We got married in Vegas a few years ago. Not been back since but used to go every few years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport