IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DartCharge - How long from trip to fine?

Options
Stupidly, I forgot to pay last Saturday.

Not had the fine/offer to pay for the trip through. How long do they take?

Thanks

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    why not try to go online and pay it?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 2,924 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    why not try to go online and pay it?

You can't, you pay for a trip and it has to be paid by midnight the following day. I called up on Monday and was told it was too late.

The system isn't clever enough to let you choose a date.

Apparently I'll receive an offer to pay the original charge, I just don't know how long this will take or how long to wait.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do not use this option if you have received a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) with a warning letter. Use the Pay or challenge a PCN option to pay. You won't be charged the penalty if you pay by the date given on the warning letter.

https://www.dartford-crossing-charge.service.gov.uk/Home/Choose
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Keith
    Options
    Yes, but I've not had the letter! I've expected it to be automatic and land Tuesday. But nothing so far.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pay it before the letter then!
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Keith
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    pay it before the letter then!

You can't.

If I got on now and pay £2.50, It sits on the computer for a trip between Friday 6am and until I make another journey - I believe it expires after 12 months.

I cannot pay for the one I missed, I tried on Monday on the phone.

A warning letter should come, how long this takes is my query, when it arrives, I get a reference to pay for the journey I missed.
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If it is the first time the vehicle has made the crossing, you should get an offer to pay the original free without a penalty charge.

However, DART is a shambles. I'm dealing with tickets that were issued late 2015 that are starting to filter through now after representation, and I got a charge cert from a crossing in January 2015 last week....

Wait for the PCN, and it should offer you the reduced free if you pay with 7 days. If not, ring then up.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • Keith
    Options
    StaffsSW wrote: »
    If it is the first time the vehicle has made the crossing, you should get an offer to pay the original free without a penalty charge.

However, DART is a shambles. I'm dealing with tickets that were issued late 2015 that are starting to filter through now after representation, and I got a charge cert from a crossing in January 2015 last week....

Wait for the PCN, and it should offer you the reduced free if you pay with 7 days. If not, ring then up.

Thanks, I expected it to be like CC where the fines dropped a couple of days later.

They said on the phone as it's the first time I've gone through I'd get the offer to pay the original fee, I just have no idea how long to wait to query that it's not arrived.
  • Keith
    Options
    Well that's annoying.

Today I received a warning letter for the Sunday return crossing which I paid for.

Which allows me to pay for all crossings from the Sunday, but not for the Saturday which I forgot!
  • Keith
    Options
    Spoke to a human, their system has screwed up. My payment which shouldn't have gone against Saturday as it was out of time, did.

So I just have to pay for the Sunday again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure