Orlando/Disneyworld Thread (Part 3)

Options

Comments

• johnnyroper
    johnnyroper Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Options
    We didn't buy the drinks cups in Universal but did in Seaworld and Busch and just refilled when we needed them.

For the Disney parks we just asked at a drinks stall for a cup of ice and refilled the huge sports top bottle we bought with an insulated cover around it (around $10), then put the flavoured granules in it that you buy from the supermarket. The Lemonade and Strawberry were quite nice, we was on DP though so often has free drinks and used snack credits. Can imagine it gets pricey without it.

And Butterbeer, we had a few cups of frozen butterbeer. :)

what is butterbeer??

We mostly bought drinks from walmart and just took them in bags as disney certainly know how to charge.i decided to have a cold beer one day and needed to be picked up off floor after being told the price,still had it mind.
  • maemaesmummy
    maemaesmummy Posts: 2,474 Forumite
    Options
    aaah butterbeer the queues were horrendous both in August and December..its available in the wizarding world of harry potter.
    Bit of a Florida Fan :j
    8/12/08 Highlands Reserve, 3/12/09 Calaby Parc
    18/8/10 Villa Upper Class 19/12/10 Villa Upper Class
    10/08/11 C P Tower Lake 10/12/11 C P Tower Lake
    28/4/12 Emerald Island 22/7/12 Florida for 6 weeks
    13/12/12 4 weeks C P Tower Lake 13/2 Prize win Orlando
  • johnnyroper
    johnnyroper Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Options
    aaah butterbeer the queues were horrendous both in August and December..its available in the wizarding world of harry potter.

that explains why i have no idea what it is,not massive HP fans in my house and the world of HP was still a few months off opening when i went last year.
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    edited 3 February 2011 at 7:20PM
    Options
    that explains why i have no idea what it is,not massive HP fans in my house and the world of HP was still a few months off opening when i went last year.

Ah, not if you went into The Three Broomsticks ;) No-one in front of us there!! And this was first thing on a Monday morning. It was quite satisfying walking past all of those people waiting in the queue when we was 'in and out' in 2 minutes. Ha ha!!!!

It was just LUSH!
  • blue_monkey_2
    Options
    what is butterbeer??

We mostly bought drinks from walmart and just took them in bags as disney certainly know how to charge.i decided to have a cold beer one day and needed to be picked up off floor after being told the price,still had it mind.

If we did get desperate for a drink we just bought the super sized drinks and shared them between us.
  • chaosweddings
    Options
    yuk butterbeer is disgusting, i bought some in the hp plastic tankard for £10 and after about 5 sips i had enough and went to the toilets to put it down the sink and found about 6 other women doing the same, its just so sweet
  • KarenG
    KarenG Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Options
    Another Butterbeer lover here, totally agree with the tip about the Three Broomsticks; we never queued more than a minute or two here, but the lines at the stall were nasty :eek: (August)
    vivatifosi wrote:
    A tip with regard to hire cars. As Karen says, you have a choice of car hire facilities on Disney property. Disney's partners are Dollar/National, which has facilities at the car care centre, Buena Vista Palace and Dolphin. We almost always get ours from the Dolphin because you can arrange a late afternoon (c 3.30 pick up), spend day in Epcot, get a boat over about 3pm and not take too much time out of other activities.

We do exactly this, partly because they shut at 4pm at the Dolphin. I think that Alamo are the Disney partner now rather than Dollar; certainly that's who we hired through this time, and we collected at the Dolphin. IIRC that must have changed as I think the time before we collected at the Dolphin, it was still Dollar. Might be wrong though! National are still partners.
  • KarenG
    KarenG Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Options
    yuk butterbeer is disgusting, i bought some in the hp plastic tankard for £10 and after about 5 sips i had enough and went to the toilets to put it down the sink and found about 6 other women doing the same, its just so sweet

That's why I like it :D:D:D
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    KarenG wrote: »
    We do exactly this, partly because they shut at 4pm at the Dolphin. I think that Alamo are the Disney partner now rather than Dollar; certainly that's who we hired through this time, and we collected at the Dolphin. IIRC that must have changed as I think the time before we collected at the Dolphin, it was still Dollar. Might be wrong though! National are still partners.

Sorry Karen, all the time I was thinking Alamo I was typing Dollar. My fingers and brain not working in coordination. Alamo was bought by National a year or so back iirc. For some reason it is cheaper to hire a car through Alamo than National, even if they use the same desks. I've also taken bus to Saratoga and gone to BVP to pick up car, but find the service at Dolphin better and the people nicer.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • blue_monkey_2
    Options
    KarenG wrote: »
    That's why I like it :D:D:D

Exactly my thoughts!! i have a souvineir tankard too. It as tucked in a box but I thought 'no, I am going to use it' and now it is in the kitchen instead of gathering dust in the loft.

I bring home everything and keep everything as souvineirs each time I go. Park maps, timetables, hats, paperwork from the hotel.

I sometimes wonder if I have sme weird obsession. I have no idea where my son get's it from.

I have some sealed knife and fork sets that have a serviette and salt and pepper sachets from the DLP 5th birthday. They are tucked in the loft. I can see my kids on 'Cash on the Attic' in 60 years time, chucking out all the crap I've aquired from Disney.

I've have a 24ct gold limited edition Harry Potter bracelet. It is number 2 of 900. hubby was well chuffed as they said they always keep no 1 and we have the next one made. I've also got loads of sealed toys from the first movie including Dumblefore with his arm on back to front as it was made wrong. And the entire collection of pewter Hallmark figures, and the entire set of Harry Potter cards, including the rare ones. Sigh. The stuff my husband puts up with. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure