Options
    Yay! All sounds fab.

PS. what perfume is it you're wearing? :rotfl:

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Gretchen2012
    Options
    Pop heads round the door and wonders if MT remembers me.

Glad to see a shiny new diary. I've got one too at last.

I'm on the look out for YNAB as cheap as I can get it and can't wait to get started. Want to start at the beginning of next month.

Missed being on here with all the lovely people. Take care xx
    TOTAL DEBT - £10866.22/£450.06 PAID O/S £10416.16
    CC - £174.69 - The rest is a family loan and other debts which are 0%
    August Grocery Challenge - £0.00/£250.00

• moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Happy new diary! :D

mexican.gif

Sorry I've been AWOL and looks like I have missed out on what a fab time its been for you....I am pleased :kiss:
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • Knitting_Nora
    Knitting_Nora Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oooo, shiny! Loving the new diary - I have a huge sappy grin on my face from how happy you sound. Thank you for sharing the joy.xx
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gretchen, thank you for finding me! I do remember you! So lovely to see you again!

YNAB tends to be on the cheap for a week or two in January! Although it's always worth saving money, YNAB, when used properly can save you more than you spend on it, so I'm not sure if it's a false economy to wait for it to reduce in price? I did wait, and I actually regret it a little bit because I'm so aware of every penny now, I wonder how much I've frittered elsewhere in my bid to save.

I'll pop along to see if you have a diary shortly and say hello.
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Wow, it's been a while since I updated! That was never the plan!!!!

Since my last update, man from the car (Michael) started to text me, but it was quite hard work to get any chat going as his messages were never more than 4 words and he was always at work so couldn't phone! We made plans to meet up the Wednesday just gone, but by the time he'd sent another "Hello x" message on Sunday I'd just had enough. The beginning should never be such hard work. So I ignored it, and have heard nothing since! We're obviously not compatible so very happy this has just tapered off with no drama.

Thursday man from the tube (David) took me out to lunch on Tuesday. We met and I was pleasantly surprised in how nice he looked and how happy he seemed to see me. He'd chosen a lovely vegetarian restaurant (he's not vegetarian and didn't know I was so I found that incredibly considerate), and while sitting there I felt like the only person there as he was so attentive. However, there was absolutely no spark. None at all. I've been guilty of trying to create a spark in the past, but I know that ends badly for all concerned. As we left he said he'd absolutely loved every minute of our time together and wished it wouldn't end, and then said ..... "let's stay in touch"!!!! Is that a little odd? Anyway, he sent a text the next day asking when we could do it again, so I replied saying what a great time I'd had, how lovely he was but that I just hadn't felt anything romantic between us. I got a lovely reply and again, no drama!

The perfume I've been wearing is the Molecular one! It reacts to your natural body chemicals so it smells unique on each person. Not sure I can recommend it in helping you meet the right man though! Just random, brave strangers! :)
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    I managed to completely mess up YNAB!!!! ;) It wasn't synching properly with my phone and iPad, so I went into Dropbox and removed bits and it stopped working. I've pretty much repaired my damage now and think I've figured out the issue so today, pay day, I'm going to start a new one, with a new name and just use that! It'll bring in the essential information I need and then I can get all my other devices up and running with it so it's easier to maintain.

Then I'll report back on my finances and signature.

Not much else to report. I'm at the radio again today, but I'm still training so I'm letting my trainee do the whole show this afternoon as she's very keen to learn as much as possible. Next week I have a new lad starting his training who sounds painfully shy so I'm trying to work out how to approach him to give him the best chance. I deeply admire how he's prepared to put that shyness aside to try to be a presenter so I want to make sure I'm a positive force in that for him. I'm always incredibly patient when training, and I think that's probably the most important thing to start with?

Lists, I need lists again! I'm not focusing properly! I need to sort out YNAB, prepare the radio chat and then I'll come back here and update properly with what I've missed.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gosh you are brave looking in Dropbox - I haven't even tried to understand how that bit works :o . Glad you have it sorted though. I'm also thinking of starting a new budget as mine's been running a while and there are an awful lot of transactions to look through when I want to find something.

Good luck with your trainees - you sound like a totally lovely teacher :A, it's very kind that you recognise how shyness may affect someone.

Now I have to go and google Molecular perfume... and remember MT, third time lucky so watch out for handsome strangers :D

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Rosa, I have this thing where I need to understand how a thing works when I'm really into it, and YNAB fits that for me!!!

I've started my new budget and, once I can get it to synch with my phone then I'll be away. That holds me back at the moment as I don't want to keep having to log online every time I make a purchase or a DD goes out that needs consolidating.

As lovely as that perfume is, I think there's a bit of trickery with it as neither of those men were remotely compatible! There could actually be a 3rd time lucky, but he's not yet had a chance to smell the perfume (and he's not a stranger)!!!! It's really early days so I'll update when and if it looks like it could go anywhere. He's on holiday for 2 weeks so we're just chatting over text at the moment.

I'll pop over to see your diary shortly lovely Rosa! xx
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    YNAB is now fixed and synching beautifully with all apps! I do love that software! I've also updated my signature to reflect the current status of my little pot of gold.

The plan for the rest of my day is to eat something! Then get on to more decluttering! I managed a fair bit yesterday but on reflection, not as much as I should have. So today I will hit the books and get rid of them. I'm being pretty ruthless at the moment so that's always the best time to declutter.

Onwards...... -->

MTx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family